GUILTY TX - Jessica Cain, 17, La Marque, 17 Aug 1997 *SK William Lewis Reece*

I wish more perps would divulge the locations of their victims! It's rare when they do, it seems.

Margarita25, it is rare and usually only happens when a perp sees a potential benefit for his (or her) self, i.e. reduction of sentence, etc. Some will use it as a bargaining chip and that is simply apalling. Others may even use their knowledge for bragging rights if they are "proud" of their crimes, or for a way to think they are still maintaining some of their control over their victims and/or law enforcement. These crimes are already awful enough, that a perp would then withhold info about a crime or the location of remains is simply disgusting. The victims and their families have already suffered enough injustice, to have to wait and wonder about a loved one for years and years and sometimes still not ever have answers...it just breaks my heart.

Also from the above link, more about the specific forensics process:

"Daniel Westcott is the director of the forensic anthropology program at Texas State University.

"The first step is to do a biological profile, where you estimate the age, sex, ancestry and stature of the individual," Westcott said Monday. "A small sample is sent to the lab, and it's pulverized and ground up and the DNA is extracted."

Poor Jessica, what she must have suffered at the hands of this monster. Bless her heart, and her family's.

"A law enforcement source close to the investigation tells Eyewitness News they plan on expediting this case. They could begin digging at another location for another body as early as this week.

The Galveston County District Attorney said if the body is identified as Cain, he will work with the Harris County District Attorney's office to develop a prosecution strategy against William Reece.

Law enforcement sources tell abc13 that they will next turn their focus to a dig site is located in Brazoria County. All agencies involved had a meeting today and decided crews will not start digging there until next week. They will restore the East Orem field starting Wednesday and then will move resources over to the Brazoria location next week."

http://abc13.com/news/bones-from-jessica-cain-search-site-being-tested/1256078/

Who is this other body in Brazoria County? Going to WR's thread / link below:

Margarita25, it is rare and usually only happens when a perp sees a potential benefit for his (or her) self, i.e. reduction of sentence, etc. Some will use it as a bargaining chip and that is simply apalling. Others may even use their knowledge for bragging rights if they are "proud" of their crimes, or for a way to think they are still maintaining some of their control over their victims and/or law enforcement. These crimes are already awful enough, that a perp would then withhold info about a crime or the location of remains is simply disgusting. The victims and their families have already suffered enough injustice, to have to wait and wonder about a loved one for years and years and sometimes still not ever have answers...it just breaks my heart.

In Australia there is a new push for a ''no body no parole'' law which will stop killers from being granted parole if they don't reveal the location of their victim. Many states are seriously considering picking it up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...role-law-lead-body-Briton-Peter-Falconio.html
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/30817258/labor-wants-no-body-no-parole/

They are letting murderers know that the "victim's rights are superior to theirs." I think this is a fantastic plan...take the power away from the perps so they don't feel as if they can use the secrets of their crimes as a bargaining tool!

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/neighborhood/kelli-cox-remains-found/128529405

Thought I would post this...from what I understand, the remains at the site off of West Orem are still being tested so there is still a chance that those may be Jessica. The Brazoria site was the second location that Reece led them to. The remains there have been confirmed as Kelli Cox. May Kelli's family finally have at least a few answers and find some sort of peace by being able to give Kelli a respectful place to rest. Of course the best outcome would have been that these young ladies were found alive (or not taken in the first place!) but giving them the burial they deserve is better than not having anything at all. My condolences to Kelli's family and to all the families of missing and murdered loved ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

http://www.khou.com/mb/news/local/neighborhood/kelli-cox-remains-found/128529405

Thought I would post this...from what I understand, the remains at the site off of West Orem are still being tested so there is still a chance that those may be Jessica. The Brazoria site was the second location that Reece led them to. The remains there have been confirmed as Kelli Cox. May Kelli's family finally have at least a few answers and find some sort of peace by being able to give Kelli a respectful place to rest. Of course the best outcome would have been that these young ladies were found alive (or not taken in the first place!) but giving them the burial they deserve is better than not having anything at all. My condolences to Kelli's family and to all the families of missing and murdered loved ones.

Oh my goodness...

This is the most up to date info I could find on the status of the other remains...it talks about Kelli Cox being found and then mentions that the results from the other set should be available next week. Of course I wish that there was never a reason to have to do this, that these ladies (amongst thousands of others) had never gone missing in the first place, but I do hope that it might be Jessica, just to end the years of waiting that her family has endured. If its not Jessica, then unfortunately it is another of Reece's victims...but at least there might be some answers for another family that is missing a loved one. I find it so completely tragic that we even have to be testing human remains, looking for people whose lives were cut short for no reason at all. These deaths were so senseless and it saddens my heart (and angers me beyond words) that one sick, selfish monster can wreck the lives of so many people.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...-identified-as-those-of-woman-who-7242307.php

I feel for all the victims of these crimes, but I think the Jessica Cain case especially hit home for me because we were so close in age and I grew up a few houses down from some of her relatives. If any of you haven't read the earlier posts on this thread, I was a year older than Jessica when she disappeared, and my mom had gotten her missing flyer from Jessica's uncle. My mom hung it on our refrigerator and said that she wouldn't take it down until Jessica was found. That flyer stayed on our fridge for years, until the wear and tear had it so crinkled and worn that it wouldn't stay put any longer. So my mom took it down and put it away in a desk drawer, where it still remains to this day. We kept it as a little symbol of hope that this case might end up with a happy outcome. I looked at that flyer every time I went into the kitchen, and I think it was the first time that reality hit me, that none of us young people were invincible as so many of us thought. I remember my mom and dad cautioning me over and over again, reminding me that young ladies disappear without a trace, and how that could be me on that flyer, or any young woman out there. Jessica was doing what all of us were doing at that time, being seniors or recent graduates of high school...out and about, having late night dinners with friends, driving home alone at night, enjoying our new found freedom and the excitement of feeling that we were on the verge of a new chapter in our lives, feeling so confident about becoming adults, never realizing our vulnerability and how evil and unfair the world could be. It sickens me that Jessica (and so many others) have had those dreams taken away. Peace and comfort to all of the families of those lost...

May Kelli and Jessica finally have a proper burial. These poor girls and their beloved families.

My friend sent me this photo today. I'm on the left. Jessica's on the right. I'm conflicted: I am grieving, but at the same time, I'm relieved that I no longer worry that she's being kept somewhere and being tortured or something. My heart goes out to her mom and dad.

namj.jpg

Beautiful picture of beautiful young women! Thanks for posting!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

omg , I just saw I need to catch up .....I cant believe she's been found , this is one that tugged at my heart :( RIP Jessica!

My friend sent me this photo today. I'm on the left. Jessica's on the right. I'm conflicted: I am grieving, but at the same time, I'm relieved that I no longer worry that she's being kept somewhere and being tortured or something. My heart goes out to her mom and dad.

attachment.php
oh ikoihil, you have been too close to more than one serial killer :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes