TX TX - Jessica Delgadillo, 15, Amarillo, 19 Oct 2010

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by dreamweaver, Apr 24, 2011.

1. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2011-04-22/police-seek-leads-missing-teen

Six months after a teenage Amarillo girl went missing, local and federal authorities still are seeking leads on her whereabouts, city police said Thursday.

Jessica Delgadillo, 15, was supposed to walk to Palo Duro High School on Oct. 19 from her home in the 1300 block of North Bolton Street, police said. She was reported missing the following day.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/14485050/police-need-your-help-finding-a-missing-girl
    "This isn't normally a problem but with this kind of retracted time frame, is what we're looking at here and normally kids come back within 3-7 days, they have contact with their friends, they have contact with their family, there has been no contact from Jessica for six months," said Celeste High a civilian detective for the Amarillo Police Department.

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

3. momrockz

momrockz Member

This is so sad. It took 6 months to even hit the news. There's one day of coverage and then nothing now. Where are you Jessica?

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

It seems to be a long-standing policy in most police departments to gamble with children's lives by making "runaway" their default label for the missing. It is foolish, it is lazy and there is no excuse for it. Some kids show up, some are lured away by adults, and some are murdered. By the time LE gets around to investigating it is too late. I am disgusted by such stupidity.

6. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I really agree with you. I got here tonight and saw this teenager missing. And at first I thought "another one from Texas"? But I think your right. So many go missing and are labeled and thus are "categorized" and fall in to the paperwork stacked on someones desk.

Thought provoking and very very disturbing.

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

8. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

9. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much