TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having serious doubts about the phone call. First, Mom is on video stating the when she got to the phone, no one was there, then Grandma on video stating that Jonathan was the one who asked to speak with Mom, the hung up before Mom answered. Now we have someone else speaking to Mom and apparently to a child before hanging up.

I'll just come right out and say it...I think Mom is not telling LE the whole truth. I think she is covering up what really happened, and I will be shocked if the so-called stepdad is not heavily involved in some kind of foul play. I think that Grandma is not willing to face the truth (IMO) that her daughter was not capable of caring for her own child, even for one month. That's why she is discouraging the realtives from coming to help police find out what happened to this poor child.

To Jonathan's relatives, if you are reading here: There is so much that you can do to help find the truth, even if you can't join the search party! Talking with you can help police to know if the others are telling them the whole truth. Details such as the possibility that he had a cell phone would be important if Mom or stepdad failed to mention it. there are people here at Websleuths who can help you know what you can do, some of us have lost children or other family members and can be a great support for you!

sounds to me like the Aunt does suspect the mom and step father. I don't blame her, and she knows more than we do. The stepdad in the video just didn't seem upset at all.

Why did he recently move to live with his mother and stepfather?? His aunt claims that he lived with her for the past 4 years in a different state.
I just get chills thinking about all of the cases we have seen of an absent parent suddenly gaining custody/visitation....and the child going missing due to the actions of the parent/parent's new partner. I wonder if Jonathan walked in on something his step father was doing. If he somehow annoyed or made him enraged to the point that he snapped. I wonder if step dad has a criminal history.

Again paraphrasing, this time from comment #25:

Jonathan's mother had personal problems that rendered her unable to care for him. His grandmother took him in, but later returned him to his mother because that's what Jonathan wanted for his birthday.

I get what the aunt is trying to convey, she obviously has her concerns, but for me personally outside looking in (and I am most def "Good Cop" at WS), how do you make up a fake babysitter and LE not check that out? Could this be the foul play they are talking about?

Also, about the phone call (I just rationalized this three times in my head, again in "Good Cop" mode), if I had to work on Christmas Eve and got a personal call I have to say, just being the mom I am, first thing I would think is "What happened with my child?"

Again, Johnathan has ADD so I am sure his mom's attentions were heightened because of it, I would hope but you know what do I now anyhow?
Stuff is all messed up and I personally love the shade the world appears to be when I wear these rose colored glasses.

You know it could be the media has been reporting it all wrong too. We know this happens a lot but there are video statements from the family members...so...this is just strange!

I am not clairvoyant but I would not be surprised if the mother had a substance abuse problem, maybe stepfather too. There is a reason she hasn't raised her son and that is usually the number one reason. Stepfather was the last to see child. Story has changed all over the place. Supposedly the police did nothing and it wasn't reported right away and not by the mother. I know exactly where this is going and I don't like it. Like someone said earlier, Ethan Stacy comes to mind.

Has this interview been posted of the mother and the step-father yet... if it has sorry I hadn't read the whole thread yet. They seem to be a couple sheets to the wind.

DO THE EYES SAY IT ALL???

I am having serious doubts about the phone call. First, Mom is on video stating the when she got to the phone, no one was there, then Grandma on video stating that Jonathan was the one who asked to speak with Mom, the hung up before Mom answered. Now we have someone else speaking to Mom and apparently to a child before hanging up.

Hi TGIR!

I was under the impression this was an office building that doesn't have direct line access....where everything is routed to an 'operator' and then transferred to the appropriate person. My impression was that Jonathan called in, spoke with the receptionist/operator, told her he needed to speak to his mother and that it was an emergency, the receptionist relayed the emergency and that it was her son, she picks up and asks if he's ok....etc.

That's just how I read the report. I think step dad is absolutely involved. I'm not sure about mom yet.

yes there is, but if she contacted Trica maybe Tricia can fast track her and verify her at the same time.

KIMSTER....YooHoo, We need YOU......:whip: :angel:

I get what the aunt is trying to convey, she obviously has her concerns, but for me personally outside looking in (and I am most def "Good Cop" at WS), how do you make up a fake babysitter and LE not check that out? Could this be the foul play they are talking about?

Also, about the phone call (I just rationalized this three times in my head, again in "Good Cop" mode), if I had to work on Christmas Eve and got a personal call I have to say, just being the mom I am, first thing I would think is "What happened with my child?"

Again, Johnathan has ADD so I am sure his mom's attentions were heightened because of it, I would hope but you know what do I now anyhow?
Stuff is all messed up and I personally love the shade the world appears to be when I wear these rose colored glasses.

As we have seen before (Anthonys) you can say anything to the press...it's what you say to LE that matters. I would think however they would want to keep their story straight.

I think Kimster said Tricia is unavailable, and to contact her instead...

sounds to me like the Aunt does suspect the mom and step father. I don't blame her, and she knows more than we do. The stepdad in the video just didn't seem upset at all.

He's only been the stepfather for less than a year...

How attached can you be to a 12 year old boy after 1 year? I have been amazed at the number of step parents who marry their spouse and just coexist with the step children. Where the step children literally have nothing to do with them. This could easily be the situation here.

That would never happen to me... any stepfather of my children would adore them. It's the only way they would ever have one. But it's not at all uncommon for Mom to have a husband that doesn't really care about her kids.

Hi TGIR!

I was under the impression this was an office building that doesn't have direct line access....where everything is routed to an 'operator' and then transferred to the appropriate person. My impression was that Jonathan called in, spoke with the receptionist/operator, told her he needed to speak to his mother and that it was an emergency, the receptionist relayed the emergency and that it was her son, she picks up and asks if he's ok....etc.

That's just how I read the report. I think step dad is absolutely involved. I'm not sure about mom yet.

sounds very logical

He's only been the stepfather for less than a year...

How attached can you be to a 12 year old boy after 1 year? I have been amazed at the number of step parents who marry their spouse and just coexist with the step children. Where the step children literally have nothing to do with them. This could easily be the situation here.

That would never happen to me... any stepfather of my children would adore them. It's the only way they would ever have one. But it's not at all uncommon for Mom to have a husband that doesn't really care about her kids.

I get that but I would think any human being seeing the mom upset, and even if it was a complete stranger to go missing would be upsetting but this man shows none of it.

whoa too many stories..... now he was home alone and gone when mom came home? he had called his mom at work....stepfather popped in???.... sf = hinky in this story

I hope the mom and step dad just keep doing interviews - cause ......well, I won't say what I am thinking but this is not adding up.

Also, how do they know it was an emergency if the caller didn't ask for her by name? How would they have known who the call should be directed to?

As we have seen before (Anthonys) you can say anything to the press...it's what you say to LE that matters. I would think however they would want to keep their story straight.

Another sad realization that I am wrong, but how I do very much always wish to be right.

:(

I hope the mom and step dad just keep doing interviews - cause ......well, I won't say what I am thinking but this is not adding up.

Also, how do they know it was an emergency if the called didn't ask for her by name? How would they have known who the call should be directed to?[/QUOTE]

BBM You amaze me. That's why I love it here.

I don't think they "found" his shoes. The reporter in the video states the only things missing were a video game and one pair of shoes...which he was wearing when he went missing.

IMO, it sounds as if he still has / had them on and they haven't been found.

Yes, ITA, everyoneneeds! The only things missing from his home -- the shoes he was wearing and a video game.

This story just keep changing, even down to J's height, weight, hair color, etc.

And, the scene keeps changing as well. It is now being reported that he was at his home playing video games, step-dad came home briefly and saw J, and then 25 minutes later mom came home and there was no J to be found.

Hmmm...a 25 minute window of time currently being reported between step-dad seeing J and his mom not finding J.

Anyone familiar with the ongoing KH case knows how tricky those small windows of time can get...
For any of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members