GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by CrimeDawg123, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

People don't kill over marijuana, well at least not very often I wouldn't think. Could be gang initiation.

2. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

DBM
    If i’m Remembering correctly from last night. Lousiana Sherif called DPD after a tip that these 3 were going to rob a dealer (JB). Could it be that they just didn’t want to attempt to rob a local dealer? Much easier for a local dealer to come after them and find them. During testimony JB didn’t come across as some dangerous mafia hit man. I can see 3 guys with guns driving 4 hours if it meant an easy steal. MOO

3. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

No, but they kill for a decent amount of money. If they will rob for a few hundred bucks, what will they do for 25 Thousand or more?

4. BellaVita

BellaVita Well-Known Member

It's common, IMO. When I watched The First 48, it happened all the time. 12lbs is a good amount. People kill over sneakers and jewelry all the time.

5. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

There are considerable more details in the search warrants for the suspects.

More specifically -- J Mitchell's warrant details at least two Louisiana witnesses (names redacted-- including father of a suspect) that provided that trio traveled to Dallas, with plan to rob JB.

Suspect told a Louisiana witness that JB was allegedly shot during struggle/altercation with suspect. I'm more inclined to believe shots fired during planned robbery than gang initiation.

MOO

Links to warrants posted upthread

LaborDayRN, TRB, kimpage and 9 others like this.
  6. BellaVita

Not random, IMO. It is controlled access at Atera. I know being gated isn't perfect but Atera doesn't seem the kind of place people are driving thru looking to rob a dealer. However JB came across at trial is not who he really was. I'm sure he had some redeeming qualities but trouble's been his main companion for a while now. Seems pretty dangerous to me. Someone in Louisiana is in trouble. They were looking for reward money. Most likely an informant of some kind to have that info provided to DPD. Somebody else layin' low right now. IMO.

7. Kakidoll

I want to know how they found him or got to HIM as a dealer.

8. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Can someone take the time please to explain to me why anyone would travel hundreds of miles to purchase their illegal drugs from one dealer alone like JB?

Could it mean he is a much more high powered drug dealer or trafficker doing his illegal activites in vast areas of the country?

How did these three criminals even know him by name to start with as the go to guy, and how to make contact?

Could JB be much higher up on the illegal drug food chain?

TIA!

What is found on all of JBs communication devices may also open up another large investigation of it's own revealing others who were also involved in all of the illegal practices.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI is being brought in because they are the best in the world to be able to track any criminals doing crimes via any communications whether on smart phones or via the internet.

He had several places he ran didn't he in other states? If so, no doubt they are also being searched for vital evidence. Imo.

Jmho

9. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

It turns out this poster (can't remember the poster's name) was right and not a troll. It makes me wonder if the poster had intimate knowledge the people involved or was just a "good at guessing."

It appears that JB was a pretty substantial dealer in the Dallas area from the amount of drugs and money confiscated. I guess that the three guys that drove from LA were planning on robbing him, and the plans went awry.

I personally felt that the attorney for the Jean family just wanted to inflame a certain segment of the population because he is all about money and getting big settlements, IMO.

10. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Unless I'm misreading reports and warrant, these guys already had ties to Dallas. I know I read in one of the suspects statements, he said they went to some location he didn't recognize. Wasn't it one of the suspects uncle who took him to the care facility. Or am I mis-understanding the statement? Does the uncle live in Dallas or is he one of the perps. Hard to keep track of all their stories. I welcome any clarification.

11. BellaVita

Do you mean how did they find JB as someone who deals? I've related here that I used to live in a drug infested area. This was way before the time of social media. A few years after the crack epidemic started. They know a cousin or old friend who now lives in another city. Sometimes things get hot in one area so they go to another for a while. I lived in NC. Some guys went to NYC for their crack. Some to Atlanta. The guys doing the traveling were the so called kingpins of the neighborhood. Not really big time but big in comparison to the other guys. Guys who weren't tough enough left NYC for greener pastures. Everything goes from the top down. JB must have had more drugs than the people who were buying. Whoever JB bought from was bigger than him. IME.

12. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Some of the people the Jean family aligned themselves with are all questionable. Dominique Alexander, one that immediately comes to mind!

13. BellaVita

Hi there! I just answered this in another post. But yes, Wherever JB got his drugs from is bigger than him and JB would be bigger than the guys who killed him. IMO. (see post below)

14. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

Until that soldier comes home :(

15. Kakidoll

Curious, what post were you talking about, if you remember? I see the other post was from way back on page 1.

Momof4RN, kittythehare and DD8 like this.
  16. nrdsb4

nrdsb4 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why JB's representing himself as managing 4 airbnbs in various locations sounds sketchy? I don't know anything about airbnbs and how they are managed.

17. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Making a cup of coffee requires methodology.
    Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties.
    He had apparently taken no precautions to protect himself, his killers took several.

Steph8angels likes this.
  18. BellaVita

People who sell drugs are loose cannons. JB DID take a precaution: he had a gun. He managed to shoot someone before he was killed. If JB had been the better shot, he'd be locked up right now. It's a different world, the world of selling illegal drugs. They don't have rational thought like "Selling drugs requires an exchange to be carried out safely for both parties". They're flying by the seat of their pants, chasing fast money and whatever it can buy. If they thought rationally, they would have a real job. It's Crazytown. IME.

19. kittythehare

I don't know the answer to the first part of your question.. my own thoughts were that they were strangers in town because the first hospital they chose was not the appropriate hospital for his injuries? The uncle brought his shot nephew to the hospital and travelled up with the 2 from louisiana (warrants info)
    3 perps travelled in a hired car from Louisiana to buy or sell, not sure which because we don't know what the bag contained yet- do we? One was shot, , aged 20, he was nephew of 32 yr old who took him to hospital while dropping the 5ft11" perp, called Green off 'somewhere'... that's where I left off yesterday, reading fast and wondering whether today brought any new shocks?

20. kittythehare

Do we know for sure that JB shot the guy in hospital or is that just something they are saying?

Steph8angels and BellaVita like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.