TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Texas Mist, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

I know what you are saying.I have been looking for the obvious,can't yet find it.Like maybe he crawled into a tight space and can't get out or make a sound inside the double wide.I know one thing the longer this goes on the outlook won't be good

2. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Active Member

Another cold front for Texas. :( Temperatures will be dropping to freezing again with sleet and ice.

Prayers for Joshua, the searchers and his family.

3. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

BBM I have an asthmatic granddaughter, therefore, we all go outside to smoke, many times during a gathering. It is conceivable the child could have come outside during that time, or the door was not firmly latched. Not uncommon at all for the adults to go in and out to smoke.

4. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

Searches by cadaver dogs turned up empty handed. The Department of Public Safety helicopter circled Joshua's neighborhood Tuesday, as dive teams combed through ponds and creeks near the child's home. Investigators say they have also recovered a tarp and a bucket from the home, which could be submitted as evidence.

Police say there are no suspects or persons of interest in the case, but Joshua's family believes the toddler was abducted from the home. The FBI is also involved in the investigation, and tell News 4 WOAI they are not ruling out any foul play.

http://www.woai.com:80/news/local/s...ve-up-hope/sRXSdMa82EyjMtlH0_5pcg.cspx?rss=68

5. Dave AHFB

Dave AHFB Guest

Currently snow and freezing rain in New Braunfels, prayers for little Josh and my wife who is having to drive to work in New Braunfels.

6. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

This is another awful case of a precious child gone missing...

When it's all said and done, I still think this one will land closer to home --- to one of the adults in the house that night. :(

Little Joshua...

[​IMG]

7. Inspector Gidget

Inspector Gidget Well-Known Member

Aww he is so cute and Nancy Grace was right he looks like the Gerber baby.Precious and
    Precious.I could not fathom any one that would want to hurt that child.

8. FaerieB

FaerieB New Member

Police say it’s less likely boy wandered off
    Disappearance now an all-out investigation.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Police-say-it-s-less-likely-boy-wandered-off-1003212.php

9. LCoastMom

LCoastMom JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING

Lt. Mike Penshorn, with the New Braunfels Police Department, said investigators did try to file for the alert but were turned down.

"Being that we did not have any suspicious vehicles, suspicious persons or anything to lead us (to think) that it was an abduction, when we did send the information to conduct an Amber Alert, that was part of the criteria that it said that it did not meet," he said.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26777831/detail.html

10. LCoastMom

LCoastMom JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING

11. peeples

peeples New Member

HOw old is the mother???
    Oy Vey
    :banghead:

12. belimom

RBM

I know I commented on this earlier, but I went back and this sentence stood out. They seem to be focusing on exactly what happened that evening, not later -- such as, if he wandered away and where he could be that evening/early next morning, kwim? To me, that also confirms that they think there's more to the story and they're trying to get to the bottom of it.

IDK - maybe I'm reading too much into that statement.

13. ghettovet

ghettovet New Member

just finished reading the threads on this case. another one of those nobody saw what happened kind of deals. i do not buy this story at all. someone in that house saw what happened to the baby in my opinion. one more thing that is bothering me is that there is no mention of putting the baby to bed. They were watching toy story at 8. seems late for an 18 month old to be up and about. no mention of what the childs normal bed time was. no mention of whether he had his own bedroom either. if she was trying to get the child to sleep(which i do not believe she has said) than why would she let him wander out of the room? my little boy just turned 2 so i cant help but think about the normal bedtime and bedtime activities that take place in my home. not that everyone is the same, and not casting any judgements, but it just seems to be a little late for him to be up anyway. was he a poor sleeper? did he share a room with the parents? any thoughts?

14. belimom

I agree that one (or more) of the adults in that home know what happened that night. And I believe there was foul play.

As far as bedtime, my oldest never had (and still doesn't have) regular sleep patterns. At that age, he went to bed fairly late, IIRC. (My 2nd one is completely different - almost like clockwork). But the oldest, not so much. I think it's because we co-slept as a family longer with him -- so maybe they were doing that here? I don't know so that part doesn't stand out to me.

What I do know is that Toy Story would not hold an 18-month-old's attention for long at all. The characters are too small/busy and move too fast, and it is too long. Short shows like Baby Einstein, Barney, Sesame Street with large character faces that move more slowly - perhaps. So it doesn't surprise me that he wandered around instead of sitting still and watching Toy Story for any length of time. JMHO

15. nyc

nyc Member

I regularly put my 18-month-old to bed after 8 pm. He takes a long afternoon nap and if he goes to bed a little after 8, will sleep a little later in the morning. I don't find that so strange. But the whereabouts of this poor little boy are strange and mysterious. This is such a sad story, and does not look good.

16. curiousc

curiousc New Member

I do see what you are saying but she's 8 months pregnant? By that time of night and with other kids and pregnant, I was dead tired. She probably thought that family was over and Joshua would be well taken care of.

17. TXHOPE

TXHOPE New Member

I agree belimom and my 2 year old won't go to sleep if we have a house full of people-no way. He wants to be in the middle of everything and doesn't want to miss anything. However when my oldest was 2 he would crash out anywhere and didn't care who was there. Every baby is different. It sounds to me like she may have been trying to get him to settle down by watching the movie but he kept wanting to see what was going on with everyone else in the livingroom.

18. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

19. Daisyjane

Daisyjane "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're ov

Well, that looks to be a small house. Lots of ruckus in the next room (watching sports, yay-boo cheering, loud talking). Interesting people, fun snacks, I'm not surprised that he was up & about, toddling back and forth from the bedroom to the living room. And amid all that noise and commotion, I don't find it impossible that he slipped outside unnoticed, especially if the adults were coming and going in and out the door.

20. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl Active Member

Are the Christmas photos the most recent ones of Joshua ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.