TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy's father, Joshua Davis Sr., told police his son could have slipped out the door when a friend left the family's home during a basketball game. Davis said his son likes "to run around the house, from the living room to the other rooms, back and forth."

But "he does not wander off like that. He usually stays inside the yard and plays with his toys," said Davis, 23. "We searched everywhere around the house, the cabinets, under the couches, even the high spots we knew he couldn't climb to."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100020825&docId=l:1355483799&isRss=true

Thank you! He looked under the couch? Wonder if it reclines too. What child can crawl under a couch?

EVERYONE MAY not be covering for tha dad
zhe may have thought omg
The recliner was really hsrd to close or somehow felt different. Maybe no one was with him when he located the baby ... mama may not even know. She said there was ice, iy was cold... someone SHOULD HAVE HEARD HIM CRY! IF hurt, beaten, outside alone... he was silenced..
How?

The Godmother to Joshua was interviewed by Univision and my spanish isn't good enough to understand everything she says, although I do know she was talking about Joshua I just didn't catch everything.

If we have a fluent spanish speaking member maybe they can have a look at the video and let us know if she states that she actually saw Joshua that day?

She was named (by the name of Godmother) as being in the trailer that night by Joshua's Mom on NG.

TIA.

I coerced my hubby to translate from Spanish, what Joshua's Godmother said in this Univision channel interview. http://univisionaustin.univision.com/noticias/video/2011-02-08/oran-por-bebe-joshua-davis
Unfortunately, she didn't give any specific details about being in the home the night Joshua disappeared. Here is the translation:

"We don't believe that his is dead, we know he is alive. All of us want him to come back home. He has a beautiful face, and a beautiful smile. I'm not going to stop until I find him."

I think when the Godmother says "We know he is alive," she is probably stating that as a strong belief or conviction, not as a known fact. :twocents:

Seriously, I really don't think that little fella 'wandered' away of his own accord. It just seems like if he were outside, he could have been found closer to the time he was reported missing.
I believe someone else mentioned wondering if he were accidently run over... maybe by someone leaving the house. I can imagine him toddling out after someone that was not paying attention...then they backed up and thump***....and they panicked.

I hope they have had HRD dogs to check out the vehicles that were there and around the exterior.

(I knew someone whose child this happened to, and there was no blood or visible evidence on ground or vehicle of it happening...the child was so small...I seem to recall something about the neck being broken)

The only reason I can come up with for the family not calling 911 if Joshua died by accident is drugs being in the house and all the adults having some connection to those drugs.

JMO

eta
I don't believe he wandered off and I don't believe his death was due to accident. JMO

Did the dad mean when left outside unattended, he always stayed in the yard and played with his toys?

But "he does not wander off like that. He usually stays inside the yard and plays with his toys," said Davis, 23. "We searched everywhere around the house, the cabinets, under the couches, even the high spots we knew he couldn't climb to."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...799&isRss=true

Seriously, I really don't think that little fella 'wandered' away of his own accord. It just seems like if he were outside, he could have been found closer to the time he was reported missing.
I believe someone else mentioned wondering if he were accidently run over... maybe by someone leaving the house. I can imagine him toddling out after someone that was not paying attention...then they backed up and thump***....and they panicked.

I hope they have had HRD dogs to check out the vehicles that were there and around the exterior.

(I knew someone whose child this happened to, and there was no blood or visible evidence on ground or vehicle of it happening...the child was so small...I seem to recall something about the neck being broken)
I also have thought of this possibility, however, wouldn't the dogs have hit on a scent if he had gone out as far as where a car would've been?

As far as the couch reclining, my sister has a couch (loveseat size) that both outside seats have footrest and the seat reclines. The middle folds down onto the couch ... and is a tray with cup holders.
http://www.la-z-boy.com/Furniture/Loveseats/?WT.ac=sidemenu

That's what I thought of when I read they had looked under the couch.

Did the dad mean when left outside unattended, he always stayed in the yard and played with his toys?

I don't know what he meant, but no 18 month old should be outside unattended at any time. I do disagree with the dad that little Joshua would know his boundaries; not at his age. However on this night I don't believe he just wandered off into the cold night. MOO

As far as the couch reclining, my sister has a couch (loveseat size) that both outside seats have footrest and the seat reclines. The middle folds down onto the couch ... and is a tray with cup holders.
http://www.la-z-boy.com/Furniture/Loveseats/?WT.ac=sidemenu

That's what I thought of when I read they had looked under the couch.

not under the beds, in the closets

re: the play area... how often does he "play outside" in the dark exactly? huh?

I don't know what he meant, but no 18 month old should be outside unattended at any time. I do disagree with the dad that little Joshua would know his boundaries; not at his age. However on this night I don't believe he just wandered off into the cold night. MOO

I really don't think he wandered away either.

It's important to me that they called 911 so soon. I don't think they would have done that if there had been anything to hide. But it also seems Mom had a feeling right away that someone had taken him. Why did she seem so adamant about that? IMO, someone there that night set her hinky meter off. I can only assume she has explained why to LE.

I agree. And supervised, it's not surprising he stayed and played with his toys in the yard. JMO I don't think that if he went out on his own, or was out unsupervised, the same would be true.

As long as their story is what really happened, then 911 was called in a timely manner.

I really don't think he wandered away either.

It's important to me that they called 911 so soon. I don't think they would have done that if there had been anything to hide. But it also seems Mom had a feeling right away that someone had taken him. Why did she seem so adamant about that? IMO, someone there that night set her hinky meter off. I can only assume she has explained why to LE.

I believe Joshua's mother knows he wouldn't have wandered off, especially into the cold darkness, so the only other option in her mind is someone took him. Also there are only so many places he could've been hiding inside the house which wouldn't have taken her very long to realize he wasn't there. MOO

Something that I have been meaning to ask is ... I read that there was "another baby" in the other bedroom (with grandpa/GF?) that Joshua kept going to see.

Whose baby was that?

eta

BENITEZ (via telephone): We were all in the house. There was nine people in the house. I was sitting on the bed watching "Toy Story" with my baby. He was wandering from our room to the living room, where the other family members were. When I realized about 10 minutes that it was unusual my baby hadn't been back in the room to come get a toy, come watch the movie, I jumped up and I ran to the grandfather`s room, where there was another baby that my baby was interested in and asked if he was in there. When the grandfather`s girlfriend told me he hadn't been in there, so I ran out to the living room and I asked everyone if they`d seen the baby. We started searching, but there was no signs of the baby. I ran out of the house and everyone started looking, and we called the police about 10 minutes because we realized we had no -- nowhere to -- where we hadn't found him.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/10/ng.02.html

I agree Panthera with your assessment on Mom.

Each of the theory and possiblilites we have explored (I haven't posted much but I've tried to read at least once a day to catch up with those that have) really don't add up. They just don't. Not one single possibility is standing up and saying pick me pick me like it usually happens on a missing child case (sometimes more than one theory or possibility does that).

But not one single one on this one. All are viable but then we start to dismantel it and look at it from all angles and each one of them falls apart.

I'm at a complete loss. Seriously.

Surely LE has investigate the individual the Mom has named as her suspect? I just can't imagine they haven't because FBI and TX Rangers are involved too. I hope and pray one of those entities have investigated.

The only answer I can come up with is that we don't have enough info to consider as what might have happened to Joshua.

All JMHO.

There has been speculation here on WS that folks were sitting in the kitchen watching the game. I wasn't sure where that info came from so I googled and found this (bbm):

Joshua was last seen in family's double-wide kitchen dining area with five or six family members.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_8631f44c-3176-11e0-99af-001cc4c03286.html

Sorry to quote myself here but I want to compare that above quote from this one from Penshorn on NG (bbm)

From Nancy Grace, 2/10/11:
PENSHORN: Yes, it`s a double-wide mobile home. It does have several interior rooms. From what we understand, there were seven adults and two children, including baby Joshua, at the time when he disappeared. The individuals were scattered throughout different rooms. There were at least two adults that were in the main room of the house, watching a sports game that was on television.

From Nancy Grace, 2/7/11:
GRACE: Who was in the home?

BENITEZ: There was me, his father, his older brother, his godmother, his two grandparents, his father`s friend and his grandpa`s girlfriend.

Where in the house were all the adults?

It sounds like LE may have having a hard time pinning down who was where in the house that evening. From what Penshorn has said, I'm taking that to mean that others may have been in that main area of the home but that LE only knows for sure that two people were there, kwim?

I'm thinking it's a matter of LE asking each person, 'where were you' and 'who was in there with you'. And more than one person's story isn't matching up, IMHO.

7 Adults:
1) mom: reportedly in BR
2) g'father's GF: reportedly in g'father's BR
3) father: reportedly watching game
4) g'father: ? (hasn't been reported)
5) father's friend: ? (hasn't been reported)
6) other grandparent: ? (hasn't been reported)
7) godmother: ? (hasn't been reported)

2 Children (or 3...as reported by mom on NG, 2/7/11):
1) Joshua: reportedly in BR with mom, then to dad watching game, then...???
2) other baby: reportedly in BR with g'father's GF
3) older brother: ? (hasn't been reported)

It's an open layout with the kitchen and living room opening up to each other, so I'm assuming that's the "main area" he's talking about.

Open layout:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #3

Who said they saw him in the main area?

From Herald-Zeitung, 2/5/11:
“I last saw my son around 8 last night,” said Josh Davis, Joshua’s father. “He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled. (Where was the chair? Main living/dining area? Has it ever been said?)
“That was the last time I saw him.”

From Nancy Grace, 2/7/11:

BENITEZ: That`s when I realized that the baby hadn`t been -- like it wasn`t normal that he hadn`t been in and out the room. That`s when I jumped up and came to see if he was in the room when I realized he wasn`t in that room. He hadn`t been in the living room. And everyone in the house started looking for him.

From Nancy Grace, 2/10/11:

BENITEZ (via telephone): We were all in the house. There was nine people in the house. I was sitting on the bed watching "Toy Story" with my baby. He was wandering from our room to the living room, where the other family members were. When I realized about 10 minutes that it was unusual my baby hadn`t been back in the room to come get a toy, come watch the movie, I jumped up and I ran to the grandfather`s room, where there was another baby that my baby was interested in and asked if he was in there. When the grandfather`s girlfriend told me he hadn`t been in there, so I ran out to the living room and I asked everyone if they`d seen the baby. We started searching, but there was no signs of the baby. I ran out of the house and everyone started looking, and we called the police about 10 minutes because we realized we had no -- nowhere to -- where we hadn`t found him.

My question after all of this: Has the mother ever supported the father's claim that he saw him? Every quote I've seen is that she asked and NO ONE HAD SEEN HIM.

The closest I've seen is Nancy Grace, 2/7/11:
GRACE: Well, your husband -- the father says he saw the baby at 8:00, so what time did you realize he was missing?

BENITEZ: It was all right around that time. I mean everything happened so quick I wasn`t looking at the clock. But it was all around that time frame.

But at any time has she said, "I went looking for him and my husband/Joshua's father had just seen him pulling on his hat/beanie?"

If so, does anyone have that link/quote?

Something that I have been meaning to ask is ... I read an article in which it was reported that there was "another baby" in the other bedroom (with grandpa/GF?) that Joshua kept going to see.

Whose baby was that? Or was it bad reporting?

It's in the NG transcript from 2/10/2011...

I agree Panthera with your assessment on Mom.

Each of the theory and possiblilites we have explored (I haven't posted much but I've tried to read at least once a day to catch up with those that have) really don't add up. They just don't. Not one single possibility is standing up and saying pick me pick me like it usually happens on a missing child case (sometimes more than one theory or possibility does that).

But not one single one on this one. All are viable but then we start to dismantel it and look at it from all angles and each one of them falls apart.

I'm at a complete loss. Seriously.

Surely LE has investigate the individual the Mom has named as her suspect? I just can't imagine they haven't because FBI and TX Rangers are involved too. I hope and pray one of those entities have investigated.

The only answer I can come up with is that we don't have enough info to consider as what might have happened to Joshua.

All JMHO.
I also believe we're missing some information that LE may have on why Joshua's mother believes someone took him out of the house. There has to be a valid reason why she feels that way, other than what I posted previously about only being so many options to choose from. I just pray this precious little baby boy is found soon. :prayer: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam