TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now, I think they pulled their camera out and the picture was already on it taken on another day.IMO They changed the date.

If that's true they should be searching the home for those clothes.

No news I driving me insane! Where is the coverage?

WOW, WHen I was asked for all of that info about my son, I was flying United.... (I think lol).... Interesting that the rules are so different for each airline! Forgot to mention too, my son was a lap child, so no separate ticket, but the did verify everything. hmmm :waitasec::waitasec:
Were you traveling to another country, by chance? I know that when my son wanted to fly with his aunt to Mexico, they required either notarized permission from both parents or the death certificate of a deceased parent.

ETA: After posting this I came across HiHater's post about an international flight. I'm pretty sure that's the difference...within the U.S. or outside the U.S. I remember thinking at the time how glad I was that someone was making it difficult for anyone to take my son out of the country without my permission.

As of right now, I think they pulled their camera out and the picture was already on it taken on another day.IMO They changed the date.

Would that be possible and LE not be able to notice a date change? I haven't tried anything like that on my cell phone, but I assumed it was similar to trying to alter a computer.

I don't know anything about electronic dates, I don't even know how to set the date on my camera lol. Although I believe LE has confirmed that date & time by releasing it, in the back of my mind I wonder IF they released it hoping someone would come forward & may say "no, I was there when that photo was taken & it was taken xx." He doesn't look that much different IMO. If it has been release because it was the last clothing Joshua wore, why not release it right away? I am not sure why this is just niggling me, but it is.

I don't know anything about electronic dates, I don't even know how to set the date on my camera lol. Although I believe LE has confirmed that date & time by releasing it, in the back of my mind I wonder IF they released it hoping someone would come forward & may say "no, I was there when that photo was taken & it was taken xx." He doesn't look that much different IMO. If it has been release because it was the last clothing Joshua wore, why not release it right away? I am not sure why this is just niggling me, but it is.

You would not be able to change the meta data info on the file without a computer. You might be able to change the time/date stamp on the phone or camera, but not the meta tag.

I'm also not sure if you can change the meta tag without leaving traces. I can do a little research though.

Has it been confirmed when the family first showed the photo to LE? It should've been right away, imo, since they'd remember taking the photo just that day. If not, then why? MOO

Has it been confirmed when the family first showed the photo to LE? It should've been right away, imo, since they'd remember taking the photo just that day. If not, then why? MOO

Good question, panthera. It would be interesting to know the who and when on the picture.

BBM

AH-HA that was probably what was was niggling me ~ thank you! Not just trying to find your baby (they would be asking for picture for the media), then add all the suspicion from LE, FBI, etc. Too bad we don't know, when that picture was turned over. Wondering when the earliest date was that the pic first hit the internet?

ETA - Did I read Dad set up some kind of web page? If so I don't know what it is, anyone know?

Cute pic of Baby Joshua:

JoshuaDavis21_Q8uL0.jpg

It seems that the pic was seen as early as the 7th. Someone posted it from Facebook on that date:

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24807&page=5

Post #45

On the Let's FIND Joshua Davis FB page, it was uploaded on February 6th.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=161420443907206&aid=32090#!/photo.php?fbid=161520350563882&set=a.161520343897216.32090.161420443907206&theater

I remember the discussion when the "new picture" released story came out, that it wasn't really a new picture.

There are some programs (some free even) for removing or editing meta tag information from pictures. This one won't work for all files, but most cameras now use EXIF.

http://www.tothepc.com/archives/remove-exif-com-iptc-meta-tags-from-images/

Every image has embedded EXIF, COM, IPTC tags that hold basic information about specific image including: aperture, shutter speed, ISO value, camera model, focal length, time and date. Meta Stripper is a free portable tool to remove and clean images from such tags quickly in a batch mode

Features of Meta Stripper tags remover

1. Specially remove EXIF, COM or IPTC image tags.
2. It is completely lossless, no decompression of image happens.
3. It does not overwrite your original image files.
4. It assigns unique name to all modified files with removed meta tags.
5. Process large number of files by selecting folder containing images.

I don't know if it would show that the file has been modified, or not.

Good question, panthera. It would be interesting to know the who and when on the picture.

Aw Tuffy, it would be interesting to "know" just about anything! I am having a hard time remembering any case where LE has revealed so little. I'm hoping they have their reasons, but it sure is frustrating to come here first and last thing everyday only to find still nothing! I go to sleep and dream about looking everywhere to try to help someone (different people that I don't know) find something they lost!

Where's Joshua? Someone knows!

So I am confused. Did the family give this picture to LE and tell them it was taken earlier that day? Or did they say use this one because he has the same outfit on?

I just wanted to apologize for dropping the ball on that transcription. I have been in the hospital (low blood pressure and threatened miscarriage).

I see from discussion that SB had the baby. Must be so bittersweet for her. Not how she pictured his meeting his family.

I just wanted to apologize for dropping the ball on that transcription. I have been in the hospital (low blood pressure and threatened miscarriage).

I see from discussion that SB had the baby. Must be so bittersweet for her. Not how she pictured his meeting his family.

Whoa, not_my_kids...I hope you are okay now. Glad you're back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288