TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read here (last thread?) that dad has a custom house painting business - I believe this information came from the site that HiHater posts that you must subscribe to.

Idk about him owning the business, but yes the article said he custom paints houses, and has done so since the older kid was born IIRC

PRINEVILLE, Ore. (AP) — A Crook County, Ore., sheriff's officer says a 2-year-old boy wearing only a diaper was found cold and shaking but otherwise unhurt after he managed to get out of his rural central Oregon home and wander for more than 20 minutes in subfreezing cold and 3 inches of snow.

Sgt. James Savage says the toddler's mother, 25-year-old V H, discovered him missing when she returned to her home near Prineville after dropping another child off at school Thursday. She called for help. A person out for a walk found the child walking in the snow.

Savage says the boy had been left with H's boyfriend, 34-year-old MMP, who reportedly fell asleep.

The child was treated for mild hypothermia. (MMP was arrested for 2nd degree child neglect.)

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Diapered-toddler-found-wandering-in-snow/WmlCsDea_kG1yLteGaln6A.cspx

So it happens, 20ish minutes later he needed to be treated for mild hypothermia... (There's that darn 20 minute time frame again.) Had it been dark of night would we have another missing toddler?

Like I've said before I'm just amazed how people just dont keep an eye on their kids!! When I was that young my mom had me with her all the time. we lived in a 2 story house. At the age of 2 i was a curious kid that could get into anything. I wasnt even allowed to wander around my own home at that age. I just see a lot of parents just sending their toddlers off to their room to go play while they are preoccupied with other things. Next thing you know the baby is out the door.

J. D. Wss mentioned on noon news today. Still midsing. No new info. In a rush, thought id post though

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_d612621c-407b-11e0-99bc-001cc4c03286.html

The leads are, for the most part, consistent in the areas they recommend searching or scenarios they recommended exploring, McDonald said.

What scenarios?

Authorities said earlier several agencies have ruled out abduction or kidnapping. Ground and air searches in a two-mile radius have failed to yield any clues. Search and cadaver recovery dogs were reportedly stymied when the trail on Joshua's scent cooled at the edge of the family's yard, which would seem to counter theories that the youngster could have toddled off on his own into the cold evening around 8 p.m., the time witnesses at the Davis home believe he disappeared.

What agencies? Does that mean that some authorities are still looking at abduction or kidnapping as a possible scenario?

WHERE ARE YOU SWEET BABY BOY?

This is just heartbreaking.

59282749.jpg

It truly is heartbreaking. He's so adorable I can't imagine anyone letting him out of their sight for a minute! :heartluv:

So are they saying cadaver dogs had a scent but it trailed off at the edge of the property??

I think that's the reason for some authorities to say that he didn't wander off.

What scenarios?

What agencies? Does that mean that some authorities are still looking at abduction or kidnapping as a possible scenario?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/New-Braunfels-search-continues-1027212.php

Okay, I guess this answers my question. They are NOT investigating this as an abduction.

And, unfortunately, there has been no significant movement on the case. :(

Police initially believed the child might have slipped out while left unattended and wandered into the 20-degree night. But they have backed away from that theory and there has been no significant movement on the case.

“We are not looking at this as an abduction case. We are confident this is not a kidnapping,” Penshorn said.

Police have retraced their steps from the time of the initial call, when the search centered on the neighborhood. They later widened the larger search to include more of the empty fields, ponds and ditches nearby.

"The Texas Rangers and the FBI are still in town, working on the case, but time is of the essence."

Why? If they have already determined Joshua is no longer living, why is time of the essence now?

Jeez, I just want to :sick:

I'm sorry - still don't want to believe Mom or Dad had anything to do with it. Joshua looks so happy and well-loved in every picture we've seen. IMO, babies like that are not murdered by their parents.

:hug: I understand how you feel fairy1 and I hope and pray that neither parent could have murdered and disposed of Joshua.

But we all know that pictures don't tell the entire story and even happy babies and children are murdered by their parents. Everyday. Even loved children are murdered. It's beyond comprehension when they are and the reasons always seem so self centered and trite.

I've got my fingers crossed but it's not looking good for the adults in that home. I won't point the finger at any of them in particular though.

:( Makes me very sad sometimes to read here. JMHO

So are they saying cadaver dogs had a scent but it trailed off at the edge of the property??

Search and cadaver recovery dogs were reportedly stymied when the trail on Joshua's scent cooled at the edge of the family's yard, which would seem to counter theories that the youngster could have toddled off on his own into the cold evening around 8 p.m., the time witnesses at the Davis home believe he disappeared.

That's what it sounds like to me...:-(

If anyone wants to look , ksat 12 news had another story on last night. Cant do it from my cell, dont think it was anything new, but I was dealing with my 4 little ones at the time. I couldnt hear it all

Just seen on the facebook page, there will be a search! Wosh I had aa baby sitter! Today at 2

Ot... Forgive my misspellings... Most of them I blame on the phone. Bad grammer is all me. Carry on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288