TX - Josue Flores, 11, stabbed to death, Houston, 17 May 2016

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by los2188, May 18, 2016.

1. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Have I mentioned today how much it absolutely destroys me to watch a child's last moments alive? I feel the need to watch it and then it makes me not be able to breathe as I watch. Poor baby. You did such a good job crossing that road, baby. Making sure no cars were coming. Good job. You were a sweet, responsible, little boy. You will forever be that.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Sadly, I think you are totally right about the difficult mental health issues and the mess we have in our lack of being able to treat it in our society. I am highly aware of all of the ineptness. My younger brother was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic when he was 22. And he is now 60. The past 20 years he has been pretty stable and on meds that seem to work well.

But if it had not been for my Mother's gift of advocacy and stubbornness, I don't know what would have happened to him. He was let down by and failed by so many clinics over the first 20 years of his issues. My mother INSISTED that doctors continue trying to find the right combo of meds and she hounded my brother, in a loving way, to keep taking them.

He was in a few halfway houses. Those people who had emotional support from friends or family did much better then those who were only depending upon the doctors/ :mad:

3. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

This is an unthinkable crime. There have been others in the news recently. Something is very, very wrong lately. I would say there's an air of the demonic about some of these atrocities.

Gardener1850 and PommyMommy like this.
  4. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

5. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

6. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

On Thursday, police released new surveillance video and photos of the suspect. A man in the video can be seen running near where the boy was stabbed.

Houston Police Department Lt. John McGalin said the video led to a tip about another video, which led investigators to Jackson. He said a distinctive jacket that was worn by the man in the videos was found with Jackson, who "provided a statement that corroborated a lot of things we knew to be true and led us to believe we have the right guy."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-marine-charged-stabbing-death-11-year-old-houston-boy-n585856

ETA I still have the same question I had since the day little Josue was taken. Why? FGS - just why?

Seattle1 and Gardener1850 like this.
  7. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://abc13.com/news/investigators-josue-flores-stabbed-20-times/1373164/

8. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

http://www.khou.com/news/local/vigil-held-for-josue-flores-on-his-birthday/293750606

9. rosie_lee

rosie_lee Well-Known Member

10. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

http://www.khou.com/news/residents-...rhood-launch-school-safety-campaign/303664515

I love this SO MUCH!!!! " “During the time students are going to school and coming back, we will get outside of our homes, stand in the yard, sit on our porches, and watch them,” said Walters.

Walters says nearly 100 community members have signed up and are being trained by the city on how to ID a suspect and render first aid. ''

11. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I am really impressed with the community and how it has taken this horrific loss and turned it into something that continues to honor Josue by finding ways to safeguard other children.

12. thesiren

thesiren New Member

RIP sweet boy

13. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Vigil held for Josue Flores 1 year after stabbing death

http://www.click2houston.com/news/vigil-to-be-held-for-josue-flores-1-year-after-stabbing-death

14. JusticeWillBeServed

Charges dropped against Ex-Marine accused of killing Josue Flores

http://abc13.com/news/charges-dropped-against-man-accused-of-killing-josue-flores/2230313/

15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

16. JusticeWillBeServed

Two years after Josue Flores’ killing, community seeks answers
    Josue Flores remembered 2 years after his slaying
    Search for justice: Timeline of the Josue Flores case

17. PastTense

PastTense Well-Known Member

Three years later, police search for person of interest in the murder of Josue Flores

18. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

19. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

New physical evidence found in Josue Flores' murder: sources

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Houston police sources tell ABC13 Eyewitness News that investigators have discovered new physical evidence in the 2016 murder of 11-year-old Josue Flores.

This news comes nearly a month after Houston police stood with Josue's family on the three-year anniversary of his death, vowing to find the boy's killer.

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said in May that advances in DNA technology could help point to Josue's killer.

In 2016, charges were dropped due to inconclusive DNA evidence against a man police still consider the only suspect.

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It is unclear if this is regarding this case or not...

Deysy Rios on Twitter
    Maleah Davis o Josue Flores case ? DA Kim Ogg, Mayor Turner, Hold Press Conference Today
    WHO: Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg; Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner WHAT: Development in high-profile case
    WHEN: Tuesday, June 18th 11:30 a.m.
    11:07 AM - 18 Jun 2019

David Gonzalez on Twitter
    In about 20 minutes we expect to hear from @HarrisCountyDAO and #HoustonMayor @SylvesterTurner in what they call a development in a high-profile case. Right now we don’t know which case they’ll be talking about but it could be #MaleahDavis or #JosueFlores #khou11
    [​IMG]
    11:15 AM - 18 Jun 2019