GUILTY TX - Joy, 34, & Jodi Hummel, 5, Eddie Bedford, 57, murdered, Kennedale, 18 Dec 2009

For me, the fact that he had put rat poison in meat in a previous attempt to murder his family merits the death penalty. Death from rat poisoning would have been excruciating over an extended time and is very premeditated and merciless. I have to wonder if Joy ever suspected him in that incident.

But, why did he kill them?????

ETA: Oh....

from the link above:

"....Hummel told them that his plan to kill his family began about two months earlier, when he became involved with another woman and wanted to be single again...."

We have the systems to put that plan into place. Why kill, why not walk away?

I have the creepiest feeling that one of his MS friends might have been the girlfriend. I wonder if she knew?

The Property was in Joy's or Edd's name also due to a sneek job on putting grandfather Frank in nursing home and transfering ownership. On "Little Road" coming out of Arlington, TX. If Edd and Joy dead, child would own it. So money would be under watch until she was of age.
He would be the first in line if they were all dead. Multy Millions". That is a big reason also.

I wasnt going to post since this is such an old case but I see that the latest reply was only a few months ago. I grew up a mile from John. He was a grade ahead of me. We were really good friends until I changed schools in 7th grade. A little surprised at the sisters claim of no socialization. I spent the night there several times and he came to my house alot. Johnny was always a little strange but mostly in a funny way. Nobody at the age of 11 or 12 would have predicted this. I hate it.

Texas Court of Criminal Appeals stops an execution because of coronavirus

MARCH 16, 2020

"The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals on Monday halted an execution set for this week due to the new coronavirus.

The state’s high criminal court ordered that Wednesday’s execution, set for 44-year-old John Hummel, should be delayed “in light of the current health crisis and the enormous resources needed to address that emergency.” The stay is in place for 60 days, after which the county can move to set a new execution date.

Hummel’s lawyer requested a stay of execution in a unique court filing Friday because of the spread of COVID-19 and the state's disaster declaration, arguing that the disease has impacted his ability to carry out last-minute investigations. He also said the execution procedure, which crowds family members, the media and officials into small viewing rooms, puts vulnerable prisons at risk of exposure...."

Texas Court of Criminal Appeals stops an execution because of coronavirus

70331945_130628244194.jpg
70331758_130628271651.jpg
70331856_130628257581.jpg

(Joy Keziyah Hummel, Clyde Bedford, Jodi Ruth Hummel, 5 )

JUN 30, 2021
Texas inmate faces execution after killing 3 family members (spectrumlocalnews.com)
[...]

Authorities say John Hummel stabbed his wife, Joy Hummel, more than thirty times in December 2009. He then used a baseball bat to beat to death his daughter, Jodi Hummel, and his 57-year-old father-in-law, Clyde Bedford, who used a wheelchair. He then set their home on fire in Kennedale, a Fort Worth suburb.

Prosecutors say he killed his family because he wanted to run off with a woman he met at a convenience store. After the fire, Hummel fled to Oceanside, California, near San Diego, but was later arrested. Investigators say he confessed to the killings.

Hummel, 45, who had been working as a hospital security guard, was convicted of capital murder in the deaths of his father-in-law and his 34-year-old wife.

Michael Mowla, Hummel’s attorney, does not plan to file any last-minute appeals, saying all available legal avenues have been exhausted.

[...]

CB (Clyde's sister) said nothing will make up for the loss her family still feels at Christmas or on birthdays. And a piece of her history was lost when Hummel burned down the family home where her father was born and raised and where her parents raised their children. Her family sold the land where the home stood but nothing new has been built there.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88