Found Deceased TX - Joy Upham, 65, Cleveland, 28 Dec 2013

I would think her son would post on his page if he had contact with her. So many praying for her.

Her son didn't even mention her missing on his FB page? Seriously? All he can talk about is his beer and crawfish! :banghead:

Her son didn't even mention her missing on his FB page? Seriously? All he can talk about is his beer and crawfish! :banghead:

I don't get it, either. Not much else to say. I hope Joy comes home, but the longer she is gone, the less hope of a safe return.

Any one care to message son? Maybe there is a credit card trail or other evidence she is alive and well......

This is baffling and ridiculous!!!! I'm pissed. What kind of CAR was she driving, LE???!!!! Seriously, can't even give us that? WHERE was she last seen? That is an extremely busy area, could be a zillion places she was at! WHO saw her?? :banghead::banghead::banghead: And I haven't seen a single missing poster of her anywhere!!!!

Sorry, rant over. I'm sending Montgomery County LE an email politely inquiring about her case. In FACT, I'm going to call a friend of mine in the Sheriff's office and ask him to find out what he can about poor Joy.

SNOODS, Any word?

I wonder if she left on her own? Her son doesn't seem to concerned that she is gone. The FB group focusing on finding her seems to have been set up by a friend. I was scrolling through Joy's last couple of months of FB posts and there were lots re: health insurance. Her final "real" posts (not a shared photo or meme) were dated November 7, 2013:

https://www.facebook.com/joy.upham/posts/656837484356042?pnref=story
hi
I love the CMA award show....am a bit irritable....had some heart tests done prior to foot surgery....cost of test to insurance company was almost $11,000.
then, I can't get test results unless I go back to see this M.D. I already know results .
there was basically nothing wrong with my heart. I had the foot surgery and am doing well. Now want me to have physical therapy and pay for foot cream which costs over $200 a tube...I don't need it..If you have insurance the docs and hospitals will bleed the companies....good luck with the fools who are going with Obama care.

https://www.facebook.com/joy.upham/posts/656838407689283?pnref=story
hi again,
the company that sells the foot cream is a specialized pharmacy that delivers to your home....It is basically like an aspercream...and this company has the balls to charge your insurance....mjust be fools born every day

Her last shared link was the day she disappeared (12/28/13)
http://www.llewellyn.com/spell.php?spell_id=5435

The last two weeks in December have evolved into celebratory times in many belief systems; therefore halcyon days bode well for travel. Whether heading for home or out to visit loved ones, as you travel on this day offer up a spell of your own or use this simple chant:

"Through air,
Over water,
On earth,
Toward home fires,
Spirits guide and shield me to my destination gained."

Her posts in the summer about visiting MN make it seem like she was happiest there. She posted about her plans to visit mines while she was there in this post (7/13/13):
https://www.facebook.com/joy.upham/posts/602211536485304
Hi friends,
I am so looking forward to my trip to the woods of northern Minnesota.
Sometimes, I think, you have to look at where you came from. I will go to
Soudan, MN and go underground to see the mines ....this was the greatest underground iron ore mining in the world....I have gone under ground one time now I will do this again....
then I get to see my dad's resort CAMP KeWaNe Na
named a road after my dad.
sometimes you just have to see where you came from and sit on the lake shore and say
"I have been there and I am back again"

I wonder if there have been searches in the areas she visited? Maybe she went back for an unplanned visit and something happened?

A couple weeks ago, Joy's remains were identified - just her skull. I don't have any information about where or when this was found, nor how she died.
I'd appreciate learning more about this, if anyone has seen any news reports. She was my roommate in college, and a very dear friend. Terrible her life ended like this.

She is no longer listed on NamUs.

Joy Erickson Upham went missing on December 28, 2013. Her remains were located and identified in September 2021. Rest in Peace, Joy!

The remains of Joy Erickson Upham were located and identified in September 2021. At this time, no further information about how and when she died. She had been missing since December 28, 2013. Condolences to her family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back