TX - judge Bill Adams on video physically abusing his daughter

Hillary would be 23 now & her sister would be 9 or 10

I agree with you that neither parent should have custody of the little one ... the mother didn't look too abused to me - she looked like she was enjoying it just as much as her husband ... she wasn't pleading for it to stop but participating in it so AFAIC, I don't care that she apologized or whatever, she's even more guilty for not only helping her husband in the act but also failing to protect her daughter

I hope Hilary can live a peaceful & productive life now that the truth has been revealed

Sorry I see you guys already talked about this.... Sorry for the repeat.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I was 'disciplined' the same way when I was a teen, but back then (1970's and 1980's) no one thought of it as abuse. My heart was broken over and over again from knowing it was my own parents hurting me so badly. Painful memories and I hope this judge gets everything the law can hand him now.

Oh Marie, I don't know you and haven't seen many of your posts, but I am so sorry to hear you too went through something similiar. I truly hope somehow you have found peace in your life. Stay strong.
bless ya.

Horrible video of physical abuse....I first saw it on Huffington Post this morning and then the Youtube....besides the fact of any beating like this being atrocious for any reason, what is most appalling to me is that Hilary was a DISABLED child...she states she has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth. Not knowing much about cerebral palsy, I looked this up:

http://www.brainandspinalcord.org/cerebral-palsy/types/ataxic-cerebral-palsy.html

"Ataxic cerebral palsy is one of the rarer forms of cerebral palsy (CP); fewer than one in ten people with CP have the ataxic form.

The term ataxic comes ataxia, a medical term referring to loss of muscle coordination, particularly in the limb. Ataxic cerebral palsy is less disabling than some of the other forms of cerebral palsy, but it has a significant impact on patients’ lives......

Depth perception and balance are affected by ataxic cerebral palsy. People with ataxic CP have difficulty with coordination; some must walk by planting their feet an unusual distance apart. Quick movements are difficult. So are activities which require precision movements, such as putting a coin in a slot.

Some people with ataxic cerebral palsy experience a symptom called an intention tremor. This means that when they are deliberately reaching for something their hand or hands begin to tremble. The tremble worsens the nearer they come to the object they are reaching for."

So here you have a 'father' deliberately beating his limb disabled daughter mainly on her legs!

------

From HP again, Hilary has now made this statement:

HuffPost contacted Hillary Adams over Twitter but has not heard back. In a tweet to a CNN employee, she wrote, "I'm not sure how much I should say, except that above all we need to help my father instead of condemning him."

Her father's video and statement also there:

KRIS-TV spoke to the judge on Wednesday (video below) where he admitted that he was the man in the video beating the teenager.

"I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child," he said. "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing. I did lose my temper, I've apologized."

Hillary Adams claims that she secretly taped the assault in 2004. She made it publicly available because of a telephone argument she had with her father recently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/hillary-adams-judge-beats-daughter_n_1072350.html

-------

This link about the investigation:

http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/02/da-investigating-video-claim-aransas-county-judge/

"Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said he was made aware of the video Tuesday night after the department was notified by Rockport residents who had seen the video.

Investigators are still trying to determine the authenticity of the video and have not had a chance to interview the judge or his daughter, Jayroe said.

“We’ve asked for assistance from (Texas Department of Public Safety) investigators because of the need for getting the case properly investigated soon and not having our personnel taken off other cases.”

If it’s determined that a crime occurred, investigators would have to determine whether the statute of limitations applies. Jayroe said that in child abuse cases, the statute runs 10 years past the victim’s 18th birthday.

“I don’t know that this situation will meet that criteria,” Jayroe said. “We have talked with the district attorney’s office about it.”

According to the above, and if Hilary is 23 now, the case would meet the requirement to be prosecuted.

I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest and is never in charge of cases for children and families again. His arrogance and nonchalance about the situation is unbelievable...exactly the way most child abusers usually react.
To them it is always 'this child's' fault.

Wow. I shouldn't have watched that. That poor girl. Makes me want to go wake up my kiddos and give them some hugs and kisses. If I even yell at my kids I feel out of control and then feel SO guilty about it!! I can't imagine having this much rage towards another person, much less a child! It breaks my heart.

What a pair of sadists, these "parents"!! U-G-H!! I hate them; there is never ANY excuse for physical abuse, none!

I saw this video yesterday and was made absolutely SICK by it and still feel nauseous! Also disturbing were the comments below the video where some were laughing and others were saying that they saw no problem and the child deserved to be beaten. This "man" needs to be prosecuted and anyone who had a child involved case in his court needs to be granted a new trial asap!

I had to stop the video after the first two hits...it reminded me too much of the beatings I took from my bioMonster. This man put his whole weight into those hits..he was trying to hurt her. I know the difference between a spanking and a beating...I have scar from the kind of "spankng" that my Father gave...this is horrendous and this man should face cahrges and be removed from the bench. MY PTSD acted up yesterday because of this video..cannot watch that disgusting stuff. Poor, brave girl.

I had to stop the video after the first two hits...it reminded me too much of the beatings I took from my bioMonster. This man put his whole weight into those hits..he was trying to hurt her. I know the difference between a spanking and a beating...I have scar from the kind of "spankng" that my Father gave...this is horrendous and this man should face cahrges and be removed from the bench. MY PTSD acted up yesterday because of this video..cannot watch that disgusting stuff. Poor, brave girl.

Mine did as well. All night long I kept having visions of things I had forgotten about.
Also, hope I dont get in trouble for posting this but there is a FB page dedicated to making sure this man becomes job-less. I think it has around 20 thousand likes in less than 24 hrs.

You will be in my thoughts today.

I couldn't make it through the whole video. The first two whippings and I was done. It seems to me Mr. Adams took too much of what he saw in his court home. His child was doing things most kids do and he took punishment to an extreme.. and I suspect because of the juveniles he dealt with on a daily basis.

Please note: I am in no way excusing his behavior. Not at all. Adams obviously needed intense therapy to keep his work and home life separate. I only wish we could turn back time so this sweet child never had to endure such brutal torture.

I have no words for the mother. Hillary has asked that she not be blamed so I will respect those wishes.

I only saw the snippets on HLN and am shaken to the core. Kudos to this brave girl for exposing this sham of a man.

I'm getting an iota of satisfaction via the poetic justice of his entire world coming to a screeching halt because, this time, she UPLOADED instead of downloaded. Burn in ****, Mr. Adams.

Does anyone know who videotaped it?

One of the worst parts for me was the end where the mother calmly tells her not to sleep in her own room....to go to the couch where her sister is. It is all so calm and routine as if this kind of thing happens EVERY day in their home. The conversation even turns to how she will wake up for school in the morning if she is not in her own room!

jmo

http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11...videotaped-beating-explains-negative-effects/
Dr. Drew outraged over videotaped beating, explains effects
snip-
I was livid and nearly brought to tears when I saw that YouTube video of a Texas judge whipping and verbally abusing his then-16-year-old disabled daughter.

The woman who released the video, Hillary Adams, said she was the victim and her parents were the ones beating her in the tape that apparently was recorded seven years ago. Hillary told one of my producers that the reason she finally decided to release the tape is so that her dad would finally get the help he needs.
I want everyone reading this to understand something about young people who are physically abused. It shatters the brain's upper limit of its ability to regulate and actually changes the way the brain grows such that, we are talking about damaging an organ – and that's how this should be prosecuted in my opinion. Interconnections amongst the emotional systems don't develop normally. People who have been severely violated by somebody they love, rupture trust.
This young woman still has concern for her father after what he and her mother have done! The mother, I believe has divorced the father and probably has sought help with the daughter. This poor excuse for a father, judge and human being still refuses to acknowledge the damage he has done!:banghead:
I hope she has a good counselor and support system-cause DAD doesn't look, like he's anywhere ready to comes to terms with himself!
:maddening:

When I watched some of this yesterday, I had chills and tears. I have never seen anything like this before.

I saw bits of this JVM last night (I think??) and I can't watch the whole thing. It's so disturbing. And to think that this is happening in households all over the world every single day...

I just heard on the radio that he's in hiding after recieving death threats

warms my heart.

One of the worst parts for me was the end where the mother calmly tells her not to sleep in her own room....to go to the couch where her sister is. It is all so calm and routine as if this kind of thing happens EVERY day in their home. The conversation even turns to how she will wake up for school in the morning if she is not in her own room!

jmo

The horrible dad wanted her to sleep on the floor... sounded like mom compromised for the couch for her. :(

My heart hurts for her... the whole video is appalling, sadistic, and downright horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back