Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Apr 3, 2010.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/search-on-for-missing-austin-mom

Search on for missing Austin mom
    Family, friends appeal to public for help
    Updated: Saturday, 03 Apr 2010, 7:33 PM CDT
    Published : Saturday, 03 Apr 2010, 6:38 PM CDT
    Jacqueline Ingles

pictures at link

2. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

3. Texas Mist

bumping for Julie..where is she?

4. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html

by AMY JOHNSTON / KVUE News
    Posted on April 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    Updated today at 4:55 PM

5. Texas Mist

One Month Later: Austin Mom Still Missing

Updated: Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 9:32 PM CDT
    Published : Thursday, 22 Apr 2010, 5:47 PM CDT

AUSTIN, TX - It's been one month since an Austin mom has went missing, leaving behind her family, her 2-year-old daughter and a brand new car. Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen in an Austin Walgreen's almost a month ago and where she is today is still a mystery.

APD's Missing Persons Unit received this case one month ago when Julie Ann disappeared, but police say that they don't suspect anything suspicious. This is an answer that the Gonzalez's family members don't want to hear.
    Family members also state that there's been no activity on Julie's credit cards or cell phone. Over the past four weeks, they've passed out fliers with Julie's picture, offered up a reward for information, even turned to a pyschic.

The family is hosting a benefit, selling bbq plates for donations at the Hamilton Market this Sunday. That's located on Hamilton Pool Road and RR 12.

The money raised will help pay for a private investigator. The family says the Police Department isn't helping in the fight to find Julie Ann Gonzalez.

more here - including video

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/042210-one-month-later:-austin-mom-still-missing

6. fhc

fhc New Member

JVM will be covering this case tonight

7. fhc

fhc New Member

Mike G. on HLN Prime News just called attention to Julie and confirmed that JVM will be covering her case tonight.

8. Searchfortruth

Searchfortruth New Member

Husband on JVM after commercial...

9. Rhyme & Reason

Rhyme & Reason Active Member

AUSTIN, TX - (AUSTIN)- Family members of 21-year-old Julie Ann Gonzalez print and post fliers, spreading the word in hopes that someone will have an idea of where the Austin mother could be.

"We've just been waiting around, hoping she'll contact one of us, stop by, hoping to hear something. And nothing," Dora Cooper, Julie's aunt, tells FOX 7.

Cooper says on Friday, Gonzalez went to her soon-to-be ex-husband's home to pick up their two-year-old daughter.

"We share. It is routine for her to come in the mornings to drop off, and come back the next day," George de la Cruz, Julie's husband, said.

But on a routine pickup Friday, de la Cruz noticed something different about his wife's demeanor. "She was kind of down, she was like not there, kind of like spaced out," de la Cruz describes.

Gonzalez ended up asked him to keep their daughter through the weekend. De la Cruz says he would've never thought she'd disappear. Days later, the car Gonzalez had just bought three weeks ago, sits in Walgreens parking lot.

"Yeah, I was the last person to see her, I understand I'm the suspect but like I said, I don't have nothing to be afraid of. I didn't do nothing," de la Cruz said.

APD's Missing Persons Unit has opened an investigation, but at this point they don't suspect foul play.

"That's just not her. Totally out of character for her."

Julie Gonzalez is described as a 21-year-old Hispanic woman, 5-feet-tall, 140-pounds, brown eyes and brownish-black hair. If you've seen her call police.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/local/032910-Family-Members-Worried-About-Missing-Austin-Mom

10. Rhyme & Reason

Just saw this on JVM, have we not heard about this? I looked for a thread and didn't see one.

11. KR2tonenow

KR2tonenow New Member

Husband - George de la Cruz stating that Julie Ann Gonzalez asked him to watch the kids for a few days. Husband is cooperating with police.

12. Searchfortruth

Husband said that LE has talked to him, but (I think) he said they haven't taken his computer. That is strange.

13. KR2tonenow

KR2tonenow New Member

Its been a month, Julie Ann didn't just walk....they need to check her Myspace friends!

14. Rhyme & Reason

15. KR2tonenow

KR2tonenow New Member

16. mahoneys07

mahoneys07 New Member

17. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

Husband said she came to his house and she was acting funny. He said Julie ask to keep baby for the weekend and her mom says no way.

His my space page status update says staring all over again.

Found her car several days later at Walgreens.

LE not saying foul play..JVM says WHY?

18. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

on HLN now

husband is on

19. Rhyme & Reason

20. Searchfortruth

It seems like it would be easy for LE to get an ip on those My Space messages. I can't understand them not taking his cell phone and computer for analysis. Maybe they are saying they don't think it's foul play so that he won't lawyer up or take off ?