TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Cubby, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven9860

raven9860 Well-Known Member

Simply put... I haven't concerned myself with a motive for Rachel's father. His character and associations are more than enough. Folks like that don't need a reason. They ARE the reason.

ocgrad, SandG, Willow17 and 5 others like this.

2. raven9860

If Rachel's brother really thinks that his POI rolled a car into the lake with the girls in it, why wont he say what make and model? Why not put it out there and try to get the answers the most logical way? It's possible that had he done that, he would already have the answer to the "missing car".

And yes. I have my own answers to those questions. As I said many posts ago, "missing car" has been marked off my list. Just curious what everyone else thinks.

ocgrad, Willow17, Bluebyrd78 and 2 others like this.
  3. kettlecorn

kettlecorn Verified Family Insider

I know you said you weren't friends with Rachel's husband
    But did you ever meet or spend time around him?

Love trumps all likes this.
  4. babeebluus

babeebluus Member

How long after the letter was presented to LE did TT confess he wrote it? Fact or speculation? Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

Via Marple and Love trumps all like this.
  5. Love trumps all

Love trumps all Verified Family Insider

I for 1 don’t have facts but since they are still speculating on who wrote it I would guess it was not true just rumor

babeebluus, just-juju and kettlecorn like this.
  6. raven9860

As far as I can tell, that's one of those "i read it somewhere" things.

JMO
    Unfortunately, that's one of the big problems with this case. It's like that game we played when I was a kid. I whisper something in your ear, you tell it to the person next to you. They tell it to the person next to them... and so on... and so on. By the time it gets all the way around and back to me, it's not even close to what I whispered in your ear.

SandG, Willow17, Bluebyrd78 and 5 others like this.
  7. steverogers

steverogers Well-Known Member

Can we agree the letter rules out a stranger?Nothing about a letter says stranger unless it was a ransom letter.What kind of killer tells the victims family where they can find the car.

ocgrad, SandG, Willow17 and 3 others like this.
  8. raven9860

Bumping this post. I think it was just overlooked.

Suglo and kettlecorn like this.
  9. kettlecorn

I think the letter has caused the confusion that it was wrote to cause... I don't think it implicated anyone or ruled anyone out.

10. Is that yes to the Rambler? And his dad was a VP, but not in oil or banking? (I've heard both, but have no way of knowing.)

Willow17 likes this.
  11. The short answers: 1) I've seen nothing that supports a public argument ever took place. 2) re: Shawn, I've seen nothing that supports he was present at all. 3) I'll take the blame for asking if a car could be missing from the original investigation - a car the police weren't aware of. I asked Rusty the first time we spoke (2009.) He wanted to call his lawyer and call me back. If it were true he should have known the answer to that question. He called back 10 minutes later. According to Rusty; yes, a car was missing. It was a Monday. I didn't believe he had talked to a lawyer. I just tried to answer his questions - mostly about people on his list. It was several years later that different people from HS supplied what I know about TT's car. People that had no reason to lie answering a question I did not ask. It just came up in conversation. I have seen nothing that supports that or any other car is missing. That's how questions become rumors and turn into "facts." I don't think out loud any more.

12. Sorry, I meant to comment. I clicked on the them (I didn't remember.) One is the front of the envelope the other is the back of the envelope I sent to Jeremy Roden. My first "Message in a bottle" letter. Not important.

wdmcmahan and Willow17 like this.
  13. yes

wdmcmahan and flute4peace like this.
  14. raven9860

If you don't mind me asking, why would you write "Rachel" on the top left corner of the envelopes?

15. Back in the day, police officers used the tools they had to size up situations. Experience was the "biggest hammer" in the toolbox. ONE police officer showed up about 10:30pm to meet 3 frantic parents at a locked '98 Oldsmobile, owned by someone who wasn't there, on the outer fringe of a shopping center - SIX HOURS after their young children could not be found. In his professional opinion, there was ZERO evidence of a struggle. It was dark. It was winter. That car was exactly as anyone would have left it - had they planned to return. It was parked over two football fields from the Sears exit. ANYONE they "knew" that offered them a ride to the car is a suspect. That locked car has never been considered a crime scene.

SandG, wdmcmahan and Via Marple like this.
  16. To imitate the original envelope. To get his attention. To tie my notes together - graphically.

wdmcmahan likes this.
  17. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Or divert attention from himself... If it's a stranger, there would have been no immediate attention on him.

There is also the suggestion that it was a hoax. Search previous posts if you're interested:)

SandG and Bluebyrd78 like this.
  18. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Not sure... Unless he's a known serial killer.

19. kettlecorn

Can you please explain how you knew him. Ive read your post and everthing with exception to him being a smoker in high school is wrong. I'm just really curious where your info truly comes from? Because honestly there is a way of knowing

Love trumps all and Suglo like this.
  20. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

If Cotton was a violent, abusive guy--the type who would terrorize his daughters--then any challenge to his authority could have set him off. His personality--or what was likely narcissistic personality disorder--precludes the need for any specific motive.
    -
    TT <modsnip - discussing another poster>. Is there evidence of his being physically violent (domestic abuse allegations, assault charges, etc.)? Did he has have a short fuse back in the day? The way he's been described makes him sound somewhat aloof. Judging by other cases I've followed (and assuming the culprit wasn't a stranger), the type of person who would commit this crime is the type who would be very volatile--prone to sudden, violent mood swings.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
    ocgrad, SandG, Willow17 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.