TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is Texas. I have been to Austin. The records exist. I have made the contact there. The Army COE still calls on the Tarrant County Sheriff's office to haul off stuff. They have records. In Texas we don't
I think those dmv records are probably long destroyed. I worked at Florida dmv for 17 years, 1983 to 2000. And I don't think even then we had records from 1974, even on microfiche. And if there was microfiche it would be impossible to recreate the ownership trail. Records that old were not on computer

I agree. I know from working decades with the state that we only archived cases for 10 years after they were closed. At that point, they were destroyed. And those were judicial cases. I can't see the DMV keeping records on a vehicle for half a century that had no title activity.

Well, this is Texas. I have been to Austin. The records exist. I have made the contact there. The Army COE still calls on the Tarrant County Sheriff's office to haul off stuff. They have records. In Texas we don't have a square footage problem. When government outgrows a space they just bleed onto the nearest vacant building. It's the FWPD case file that is a vault. The FOIA won't help you. It's not "Federal." If the case were closed, it would be more accessible. But, it's "Open," so it isn't.
Not sure about Texas. But 1974 was definitely before computers. To try and trace history of every car by hand and pencil with microfiche is a formidable task. Page by manual page. We got new microfilm every month too, which is even more voluminous. Unless texas had those microfilm records computerized at a later date? That just seems very expensive for what value would come from the state transferring all those registration records. I can only speak for Florida but to make it harder our records were only by name and another set by tag numbers, we could not search microfilm by Vin pr title number.

Well, this is Texas. I have been to Austin. The records exist. I have made the contact there. The Army COE still calls on the Tarrant County Sheriff's office to haul off stuff. They have records. In Texas we don't have a square footage problem. When government outgrows a space they just bleed onto the nearest vacant building. It's the FWPD case file that is a vault. The FOIA won't help you. It's not "Federal." If the case were closed, it would be more accessible. But, it's "Open," so it isn't.
Not sure about Texas. But 1974 was definitely before computers. To try and trace history of every car by hand and pencil with microfiche is a formidable task. Page by manual page. We got new microfilm every month too, which is even more voluminous. Unless texas had those microfilm records computerized at a later date? That just seems very expensive for what value would come from the state transferring all those registration records. I can only speak for Florida but to make it harder our records were only by name and another set by tag numbers, we could not search microfilm by Vin pr title number.

This posted twice and I dont know how to delete it

I dont know how else to stress there is NO MISSING CAR. It's not me making this up,
RA knows there is no missing car Possibly he was curious about the cars in Benbrook but he knows it's not a certain car that cant be found. If you're looking for a missing car you will spend a lifetime searching. It does not exist in the case of these girls

I agree. I know from working decades with the state that we only archived cases for 10 years after they were closed. At that point, they were destroyed. And those were judicial cases. I can't see the DMV keeping records on a vehicle for half a century that had no title activity.
I think Florida was 10 years as well. I am not saying that Texas doesn't but I cant imagine the value of any state keeping records that long either. The cost has to outweigh any benefit. It would be great if they do have those records but I still dont think you could trace car ownerships pr narrow down the data unless they not only kept it but paid to transfer and computerize all that data

And I would think if it were worth the effort, someone would have already checked on it.

fw_cat, I have an honest question.

I've read all the posts for this case.

In many of your comments you sound like you think the "missing car" thing is a complete wild goose chase.

But in others, you talk about tracking down DMV records from 45 years ago.

Can you please clarify? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What baffles me the most about FWPD thinking the girls were runaways and giving any credibility to the note saying they had to get away, the first thing any detective or cop should think, the girls would want the dang car to use and not leave it

FW_Cat- I would first like to say that I have read your posts, cover to cover, and I am completely impressed with all the research you've done over the years. I find you to be very compelling, articulate, and intelligent. I have followed this case since it happened, and I've certainly never had a clue what might have happened to the girls (vanishing out of thin air is hard to fathom), and I really became obsessed with the case. I imagined every scenario I could possibly conjure up, as well as read many other VERY far-fetched ideas about the disappearance (IMO). When I read your theory, something clicked with me- and I thought-"yep, this is it". Then I joined "the fray" and it is so chaotic, I cannot think straight. My question to you is this-with all the "noise", questions, new thoughts and ideas being thrown out - here AND there- do you still stand by your theory, 100%?

I dont know how else to stress there is NO MISSING CAR. It's not me making this up,
RA knows there is no missing car Possibly he was curious about the cars in Benbrook but he knows it's not a certain car that cant be found. If you're looking for a missing car you will spend a lifetime searching. It does not exist in the case of these girls

It's crazy isn't it? There was no missing car and Cotton went to work. But, oh that does not fit what we think we know so let's just ignore it. Boggles the mind. Boggles I tell you.

Who gives a rip about damaging relationships or creating conflict? We're trying to get at the truth; that should be the only consideration.
-
No one should get a free pass in this case, including family members
-
And how can we know whether details are immaterial when we don't know what those details actually are?
I'm only referring to one "urban-arnold-myth." If Rusty wanted to believe his dying daddy was out there guarding that car, though the people that knew better told him "1,000 times" (to quote one)~yet, he kept that "un-fact" in his story for 30 years, so what? Over the years, many embellishments have been given "a pass." Everyone that matters have the key details.

It's 2018 though. These "embellishments" would get you to the number one suspect spot now. A lie is a lie. You can paint it with pretty colors with the finest of French brushes. It's still a lie. There should have never been passes. To speak of compassion and kindness, that should be reserved for the girls. Not one specific family. The girls need to be brought back to the head of the line. They need to be standing in front of the circus, in front of a dogged determination of telling a false narrative, what ever twisted reason there may be. The light should be on them, not the followers, not the people who have made this their life's obsession. The unwillingness of people to see that there might be a different truth out there is truly frightening. Tommy and Debra have been dissected and viewed under a thousand microscopes. It's time to look in another direction. At least weigh the possibilities that it could have been someone else, the girls deserve that. I agree with a comment that was made way back, some people spend their lives looking for the girls, some people want to find the girls. But one thing was left out, some people want to stay in the middle. It's a comfortable spot.

This tick on the timeline (Rachel stopping to ask mom to go shopping) as far as I know is solely based on Debra’s comments here from 9 years ago. I’ve not seen anything where Fran confirmed that. The statement is suspect.

From what I've understood Rachel didn't ever go visit her parents. So did she really ask her Mother to go that day?
I'm not saying she didn't, what I am saying is at 17 I wanted to be with my friends and at 18 I lived in Cali, far from home and when I came home I was with friends that night. and I didn't have family issues to wanna run from

FW_Cat- I would first like to say that I have read your posts, cover to cover, and I am completely impressed with all the research you've done over the years. I find you to be very compelling, articulate, and intelligent. I have followed this case since it happened, and I've certainly never had a clue what might have happened to the girls (vanishing out of thin air is hard to fathom), and I really became obsessed with the case. I imagined every scenario I could possibly conjure up, as well as read many other VERY far-fetched ideas about the disappearance (IMO). When I read your theory, something clicked with me- and I thought-"yep, this is it". Then I joined "the fray" and it is so chaotic, I cannot think straight. My question to you is this-with all the "noise", questions, new thoughts and ideas being thrown out - here AND there- do you still stand by your theory, 100%?

I too have read her theories and think this is a very good question.
Although her theories were based on only one side of the story.. imo

Absolutely. Thank you for asking. I was wondering to myself earlier, "Have I said anything new in the past 9 years?" The answer is ~ no. Have I changed my mind about anything since that day on that ladder painting that wall? No.
Everything I already knew, or remembered, or experienced that came together in that moment is the same. All the reading and research has been my attempt to "blow up" my theory. Because then I could forget all about it and move on. Only that didn't happen. I read the one article by Mary Rogers on RA's website and scraping aside the junk - the facts were the same. I have all the newspaper articles now. Has any "supplemental" information I've collected changed anything? Yes. I am sadder than I was, and believe more than I did that there can be answers [this side of heaven.] No so-called "insider" information moves me closer to embracing theories of serial killers or abduction by aliens. Just the opposite. If it had; I could quit. But, it hasn't; so I can't. The facts are the same as the day I watched the news unfold on Christmas Eve in 1974. Exactly the same. My list has unchecked boxes. That list and I are 10 years older. It's like that movie "Groundhog Day." What's it going to take to end this thing? Nothing that's going on right now - that's for sure.

FWcat thank you for answering that.
I know that over the years RA's has changed I believe it was in 2007 (I'll have check that year) that RA wen r to TT's and sat at his table and told him that Rachel was alive that he thought she lived in the Ftw area and that they had many credible sightings.
as posted before he was just 11 and his memories and opinions change with what he's been told.
TT has always told the same story and had always asked the same questions "what happened"
He's alway kept his address current because he felt he needed to. He's always taken the handwriting analysis when asked. He's taken and passed lie detector test, even when they were a surprise request. I know he loved her and I know it breaks his heart having to relive this event

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member