TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Cubby, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

The major reason might be the same reason, why she was not living with her family in the first place? Let's not speculate. I am still expecting the lady to return to this forum any time.;)

2. Via Marple

Yes I guessed you right!:D

If the perp is still alive that is..;) then it would be up to TG if she could get in touch and write up some insights with the subject.;)

I would pay to read that piece;);)

kdsmith21, Ozoner and sloane7777 like this.
  3. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I'm waiting with bated breath for the second car to be brought up. The waiting seems like torture even though it should happen in a few days (contrasted with the forty-plus years that the victims' family members have been waiting).

windrower likes this.
  4. Bluebyrd78

Bluebyrd78 Former Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    a lot of people believe that he did have full custody due to newspaper articles that were published. However, if you research legal document he did not have full custody. Do not believe everything you read.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2018
    wdmcmahan, Suglo and sloane7777 like this.
  5. raven9860

raven9860 Well-Known Member

One would think if it was a family member, it would be accurate. I'm seeing that is not the case.

6. raven9860

Just trying to figure out movements or lack of movement that first 24 hours. That's crucial.

7. raven9860

Had Rachel updated her driver's license to the Minot Ave address?

ocgrad and Deleted member 165916 like this.
  8. I don't know, of course, but I doubt it. When you are young and immature, that isn't likely to be on your priority list. First of all: It's a valid license. It's a pain to change it, standing in line, no internet, waste of $25. It's still shiny and new. Probably the best "hunch" I have about that in her yearbook picture, taken in October 1974, 4 months after she married, 2 months before she went shopping "forever" shows her name as Mary Arnold. The index (back of yearbook) edited before publishing in the Spring of '75, lists her as Trlica, Mary Arnold.....(page)276.
    All you had to do was show up for school to be enrolled, listed on a big fat printout, from the year before. It was up to students/parents to update information. Stuff passed around in homeroom for yearbook purposes. Doubt she even edited her address. So her report cards were probably mailed to 6th Ave. As far as I know; she never went by "Mary." It's the sort of casual indifference a child pays to stuff. That isn't a criticism. She wasn't an adult. She just didn't have parents.
    Those are details that infer certain things. I would like a look at school records - attendance, grades, everything. It paints a picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2018
    wdmcmahan, windrower, SandG and 6 others like this.
  9. I credit that to confusion. A long afternoon into a troubling evening and a late night at a parking lot mall. Her "stuff" is at their house. She doesn't feel in any danger. Who the devil is this "Julie" kid? Such a bizarre set of events. Everyone at some point has nothing to do but go home. The younger girls parents must have been beside themselves. But, for Debra to go back to Minot is what I would have done. Rachel is married, on her own. Debra doesn't need to be at her parents house and doesn't want to be or she would have been in the first place. Don't read anything into that. I don't know, but I think she had a "get-my-purse-and-go" moment Christmas afternoon. "Going to the store for cigarettes, need anything?" And never looked back. You may not want to be in a tiny house surrounded by police, until you do.
    Just a hunch.

10. Why certain people haven't picked up that 500 lb phone and asked people they know and/or are related to the answers to the important questions, <modsnip - not victim friendly> - just floors me. The police have stuff in the vault. Why don't yall have each other?
    If they don't stop the madness; I just might pick up the damn phone, LOL.

11. <modsnip - discussing fb group>
    If you have followed this case here; thank you for your contributions. You have made a huge difference shaping and distilling my thoughts and eliminating this and that ~ more than you know.
    You have been a light in this darkness. Carry on.
    I will PM you on any fact that is askew, and share what I know from my own research, records, or provide an insight if I can.
    Please don't forget these girls.

I want peace like a river for all yall.
    Until Then,
    FW_Cat

12. 3llecia

3llecia NDAs & Secrets

Take care FW_Cat, I haven't contributed much here but that doesn't mean I haven't noticed the quiet determination behind your posts.

You've got my respect, from one justice seeker to the next!

13. Via Marple

FW Cat, you will missed on this thread. A true voice of reason and a guiding light!

I would love to see this case solved. As long as I am on WS, I will be checking in.

And your time here may be better spent keeping in touch with LE on the case. We are just saying the same things and asking same questions over and over again. Unless there are new developments.

Meanwhile, take care and drop back in anytime!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  14. ocgrad

ocgrad Well-Known Member

I'm from Dallas, I was 15 in 1974 so I didn't know much about this case but my dad and his family were from Ft Worth so it came up occasionally. Now with the news coverage on the car recovery operation I am just now digging in to learn the particulars.
    I've been reading the different accounts and narratives. One I read yesterday included some tips and possible clues that I hadn't read before. It was in the book Texas Far and Wide by ER Bills. How accurate was that writing? What do you think about the girls seen in a gold sedan who dropped a note, a flyer with an address on it? If it was legit it seems badly bungled by LE who misinterpreted the address completely. To me it was immediately obvious it was meant to say Rigmar Blvd, Apt #1714. She just didn't know the street address or have time to write the name of the complex. And perhaps it makes the pimp in AR prison more legit. I wonder if Rusty has ever talked with him? I wonder what he's done to run down these leads?
    I was totally in the TT/DA camp until I read that. I think associating Randol Mill was dumb, no one has ever referred to it as Blvd, Rachel was too smart for that. I'm sure since nothing was found when staking out Randol Mill Rd the whole tip may have been disregarded.

windrower and FlossyMay like this.
  15. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

<modsnip - discussing fb group and other members>
    I’m sure the family is decimated by decades of not knowing. I understand they want answers. I hope one of the cars reveals the answer, but it may not. It seems there were already fractures within the family before the events in 1974 and that they have widened and narrowed over time.

16. TGwebs

TGwebs Well-Known Member

I read the book you're referring to. It reads to me as a compilation of reports and things he read elsewhere and not original or even fact checked reporting. There are obvious errors even to case novices (stating the car was full of gifts which suggests the girls returned to the car and uncertainty about the postmark, which was confirmed by the US postal service, per LE, etc.).
    So, no, I don't consider anything in the book to be a solid lead.

17. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    When they raised the second vehicle, did they move it closer to shore before it sank, or did it sink to the same basic spot it had been in?

windrower likes this.
  18. raven9860

They were able to move it closer.

FlossyMay, Via Marple, TedMac and 2 others like this.
  19. jgfitzge

jgfitzge It's complicated! No, It really isn't

Hi, a couple of quick questions for anyone, December 23, 1974 was a Monday, and it was two days before Christmas. What time did the mall close that day? night? Did it have extended shopping hours? And, I am assuming it got dark around 4:30?

One more thing about the Christmas shopping hours in our areas, in the 70s and 80s, the smaller shops closed earlier but the larger stores stayed open until the end. So, you would be walking through the mall with about half the stores closed. I wonder if this was the case at that mall?

SAMS, SandG and Ozoner like this.
  20. raven9860

<modsnip - discussing fb posts>

Hoping the families can find the truth. And hoping they know that the folks here on WS respect both them and the seriousness of this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.