TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion to try to find the girls it would have to start with all families involved, answering questions truthfully, no matter if your embarrassed about something or hiding something that didn’t involve the girls what ever your business was just tell the truth.. Immediate family members would need every movement accounted for that day. Then move to aunts, uncles, cousins, after all family has been checked, move to best friends, close friends, associates, friends of friends, friends of family members etc.
Thourghly investigate the DJ, friends of the DJ, friends of friends of the DJ. If he is real, and not made up. Once this is done you could rule in or out family or friend abduction.
Snipped

Good advice . . . purt near impossible after all these years.
Speaking of associates, does anyone have a link regarding the Tooth Collector? I'm trying to find out whether DNA testing has been performed on all of the specimens found in his sack of human teeth.

Why not make a call to the FWPD and ask? That deserves an answer??

Why not make a call to the FWPD and ask? That deserves an answer??
I've never seen the tooth collector's name in print, so I wouldn't know whom to ask about. (And in general, I like to exhaust all publicly available information before pestering LE about a case.)

Snipped

Good advice . . . purt near impossible after all these years.
Speaking of associates, does anyone have a link regarding the Tooth Collector? I'm trying to find out whether DNA testing has been performed on all of the specimens found in his sack of human teeth.

I'm not LE by any stretch of the imagination. But I would think a private individual searching the former home of WFS and removing from the property what they think could be evidence (bag of human teeth) could very well put a damper on LE ever being able to use it as evidence. PD should have been called immediately.

JMO... there seems to be a lot of working around LE, instead of working with them. And clearly, that has not been advantageous to answers on this case.

I'm not LE by any stretch of the imagination. But I would think a private individual searching the former home of WFS and removing from the property what they think could be evidence (bag of human teeth) could very well put a damper on LE ever being able to use it as evidence. PD should have been called immediately.

JMO... there seems to be a lot of working around LE, instead of working with them. And clearly, that has not been advantageous to answers on this case.

The Police know what they are doing. They are onto something or somebody.
Knowing and proving are 2 different things

The Police know what they are doing. They are onto something or somebody.
Knowing and proving are 2 different things

I understand that.

But as I said, I am of the opinion that the best way to help (and by help, I mean not hurt) an investigation would be to let professionals handle (as in pick up and remove) possible evidence.

Last edited:
I understand that.

But as I said, I am of the opinion that the best way to help (and by help, I mean not hurt) an investigator would be to let professionals handle (as in pick up and remove) possible evidence.

Agreed. Once sleuthers go out and do their own investigation and collect potential evidence, the chain of custody is damaged. Just the mere improper handling of the potential evidence is enough to have it excluded at trial.

And BTW, why did people go fishing for abandoned cars in a lake ? Obviously there was no credible information that evidence would be found otherwise the Police would have handled it.

So what next ? Search every body of water within 50 miles hoping to find a clue ?

There has been many statements and no real answers from the "many" who have been paid by taxpayer's in this city . FWC Tax money, Myself included. I personally have known many trying to do a good job and many not! It is a 50/50 business.
Sad to say but "The good guys" are pulled down by the bad. (As in all working positions these days.)
God bless the good ones! I write this with no one in mind but, they know which side they fall on. My thanks to the top side.

Last edited:
Agreed. Once sleuthers go out and do their own investigation and collect potential evidence, the chain of custody is damaged. Just the mere improper handling of the potential evidence is enough to have it excluded at trial.

And BTW, why did people go fishing for abandoned cars in a lake ? Obviously there was no credible information that evidence would be found otherwise the Police would have handled it.

So what next ? Search every body of water within 50 miles hoping to find a clue ?

The why on the cars and the lake rabbit hole can more than likely be found in an earlier post in thread 3.

The FWPD has had 40 years to solve the case and hasn't done it. Kids these days would call that an "epic fail." Investigating the case privately amounts to a vote of no confidence in LE, which I understand completely.
-
I guess I didn't realize that the sack of teeth had been found by someone other than LE, but the teeth should still be tested. We had a case in Michigan a while back where a teenage girl found a skinned human head in a freezer, and she and a friend took the head to the police station themselves. The head was not excluded from evidence; the killers were convicted of first-degree murder. (The head belonged to a girl named Stephanie Dubay.)
Teenager found guilty of murder, mutilation

The FWPD has had 40 years to solve the case and hasn't done it. Kids these days would call that an "epic fail." Investigating the case privately amounts to a vote of no confidence in LE, which I understand completely.
-
I guess I didn't realize that the sack of teeth had been found by someone other than LE, but the teeth should still be tested. We had a case in Michigan a while back where a teenage girl found a skinned human head in a freezer, and she and a friend took the head to the police station themselves. The head was not excluded from evidence; the killers were convicted of first-degree murder. (The head belonged to a girl named Stephanie Dubay.)

Ozoner- I understand your frustration. However, I can guarantee they have a suspect or 2. However, that isn’t enough. Without the physical evidence and/or bodies, bringing it to trial becomes a risk. Remember, you can’t be tried twice for the same crime.

-

The teenage girl didnt find it. It was handed to her by one of the killers. That's a mountain of difference from going into a convicted felon's past home... that just happens to have a connection to a member of the family... and touching and removing anything.

Man Describes Dismemberment of Teen-ager

The family releasing information (false information) shouldn't legally be able to access it through FWPD. The next of kin for Rachel is TT. Please correct me if I'm wrong
If the case is still open noone can get that information without a judge. If it's closed, there's so much available under the open privacy act.

There has been many statements and no real answers from the "many" who have been paid by taxpayer's in this city . FWC Tax money, Myself included. I personally have known many trying to do a good job and many not! It is a 50/50 business.
Sad to say but "The good guys" are pulled down by the bad. (As in all working positions these days.)
God bless the good ones! I write this with no one in mind but, they know which side they fall on. My thanks to the top side.

So very true, I was a machinist for many years. Both union and non union. Some guys are really good and some are lazy and truly couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat but some were related to the right people or in the union then ...... police are no different, some are good and some are lazy. You just hope the good ones are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth