TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just shared that on FB. And you’re correct! Two of Rachel had NOT been published before they came from my mother’s own personal album and were only shared with very few. Some pics came from Terry Moseley’s personal FB page. That is very disrespectful of whomever took and shared those photos as their own. As for me, that’s another reason I no longer share anything personal. To whomever did it, don’t worry you won’t get another stitch of information from me! And I doubt seriously you have any other connection to get anything. So keep slinging what you got.
Would the pictures be at all useful in the case? One thing which always confused me was the picture used for Rachel's missing poster did not show her as she looked right before she went missing. I used to actively follow this case. I
I just shared that on FB. And you’re correct! Two of Rachel had NOT been published before they came from my mother’s own personal album and were only shared with very few. Some pics came from Terry Moseley’s personal FB page. That is very disrespectful of whomever took and shared those photos as their own. As for me, that’s another reason I no longer share anything personal. To whomever did it, don’t worry you won’t get another stitch of information from me! And I doubt seriously you have any other connection to get anything. So keep slinging what you got.
I just glanced at the pictures in the linked article and I believe I have seen them all before in Rusty's group. I think Rene has looked the same in most photos but both Rachel and Julie pictures have very different looks. The picture used on Rachel's missing photo showed how beautiful she was but I have seen later pictures giving her a thinner look. I was once very active on the FB groups. Do you think it would be helpful to have more pictures shared? I think this case is solvable but I think it is going to take a family member coming forward with information. I do not mean you. Maybe a memory will come back to someone. Sometimes it takes years after a traumatic event to recall information.

I just had another listen to parts of the Gone Cold series. It is a very good series !! In part two of the series, it mentions a witness seeing all three girls (and the car) at the house on Minot Drive at around 12.30pm. If this happened after the trip to the Army/Navy store, it could be the last sighting of the girls. Would it have been possible for them to have returned from their trip to the Mall that early in the day ?

I seem to recall reading that they had arranged to meet another group at the Shopping Centre at 1.00pm, but they never met up. I am old enough to remember the pre cell phone days If you made an arrangement like that, generally you turned up or else you had some explaining to do, afterwards for wasting people's time.

On a slightly different note, here in Ireland we have a saying with regard to cases like this, which is "even the dogs on the street know what happened". Local knowledge can be a great thing. Was there any prevailing theory that the locals in Fort Worth had/have with regard to this case ?

I just had another listen to parts of the Gone Cold series. It is a very good series !! In part two of the series, it mentions a witness seeing all three girls (and the car) at the house on Minot Drive at around 12.30pm. If this happened after the trip to the Army/Navy store, it could be the last sighting of the girls. Would it have been possible for them to have returned from their trip to the Mall that early in the day ?

I seem to recall reading that they had arranged to meet another group at the Shopping Centre at 1.00pm, but they never met up. I am old enough to remember the pre cell phone days If you made an arrangement like that, generally you turned up or else you had some explaining to do, afterwards for wasting people's time.

On a slightly different note, here in Ireland we have a saying with regard to cases like this, which is "even the dogs on the street know what happened". Local knowledge can be a great thing. Was there any prevailing theory that the locals in Fort Worth had/have with regard to this case ?
I think the Detectives know exactly what happened But cannot even PROVE the girls have passed soooo here we are 45 years later.

You are exactly right. Their meeting at the mall was to be at noon. Some don’t believe Shana’s statement of meeting the girls at the house but I do believe she saw the girls that day. I have no proof other than her details statement. For persons story that day there’s another persons strty that contradicts that one. Sometimes it’s the same persons story that contradicts the story they told previously. As for locals thoughts on it, well, I’ll leave that to the locals to comment on. I would really like to speak with anyone at the bowling alley that night.

You are exactly right. Their meeting at the mall was to be at noon. Some don’t believe Shana’s statement of meeting the girls at the house but I do believe she saw the girls that day. I have no proof other than her details statement. For persons story that day there’s another persons strty that contradicts that one. Sometimes it’s the same persons story that contradicts the story they told previously. As for locals thoughts on it, well, I’ll leave that to the locals to comment on. I would really like to speak with anyone at the bowling alley that night.
Put your detective hat on and start calling Wedgwood Bowl was packed that night.

I think the Detectives know exactly what happened But cannot even PROVE the girls have passed soooo here we are 45 years later.

After 45+ years it may be way way too late, but a spraying a load of Luminol in a certain house and premises(if it's still there) in Fort Worth might kick start the investigation quite quickly.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article255095212.html

Rusty Arnold knows the chance that one of those cars will reveal his sister’s remains is slim, but he cannot ignore the possibility. Arnold’s sister, Rachel Trlica, was one of the three girls who disappeared in December 1974. The Missing Fort Worth Trio has become one of the community’s most unnerving mysteries. From 2018 to July 2020, Arnold worked with another dive team, which volunteered to help him pull multiple cars from the black depths of Lake Benbrook in search of answers. The dives resulted in two cars breaching the surface, but they held no answers for Arnold or the family members of Renee Wilson and Julie Ann Mosley.

Arnold plans to attend the dive operations this week.

“I do know that cars are coming out of lakes, and when cars come out of lakes, mysteries are solved,” Arnold said. “This is one of the biggest mysteries in Fort Worth. And it’s very emotional that I might find answers for my mother before she passes.”

There is an interview with Rusty by Jared in there. I pray they will get the third one from Benbrook up. I also pray Eagle Mountain is on the list of local lakes. We shall see. Thank you to Adventures with Purpose and all of the volunteers. Some interesting stuff in these vehicles.

The Gone cold podcast is indeed very good.

I'm still confused on the unidentified bones found dating back to 1976 which may or may not be connected to this case. In this thread people made a point about two different sets of bones were found. One find refered to as Brazoria bones (also in the GC podcast), which was apparently two people. Then another find in Alvin, Tx of apparently 3 skeletons. However Alvin is in Brazoria county, so this is one and the same?! For the "Brazoria bones" a connection to the Trio has been ruled out in the meantime if you believe the GC podcast.

I get confused by this, also. If I have it correct the three skeletons found in Alvin in 1976 when tested had similar ages to the missing trio, but the eldest was ruled as male.

If this is the case, I believe the bones should be re tested (if they have not been tested since), as this is really close.

Apologies, if I have got my 'facts' completely wrong on this !!

I get confused by this, also. If I have it correct the three skeletons found in Alvin in 1976 when tested had similar ages to the missing trio, but the eldest was ruled as male.

If this is the case, I believe the bones should be re tested (if they have not been tested since), as this is really close.

Apologies, if I have got my 'facts' completely wrong on this !!

They should be re-tested. There was a case from either the 1960s or 1970s in the west that this type of error was made. The two skeletons were described as on being a female and the other being a male. They were re-tested and found to both be females and identified almost immediately.

The question is how many dump sites are there, where they found yet unidentied bones that could be related? Were the "Brazoria Bones" mentioned in GC found in Alvin or are the Alvin bones a different set?

In GC, IIRC it says the Brazoria bones were initially thought to be of 3 people, then corrected to 2. They have been identified, so those are not the FW Girls if you can trust GC.

My understanding is that there was two sets of bones found, but I am open to correction on this.

The first in Alvin in 1976. Three skeletons, similar in ages to the missing trio, believed to have been buried about 18 months earlier. Fits the timeline.

A second set in 1981. First thought to be been three skeletons, but then changed to two. I believe these two skeletons have been positively identified.

My understanding is that there was two sets of bones found, but I am open to correction on this.

The first in Alvin in 1976. Three skeletons, similar in ages to the missing trio, believed to have been buried about 18 months earlier. Fits the timeline.

A second set in 1981. First thought to be been three skeletons, but then changed to two. I believe these two skeletons have been positively identified.

Georgia Geer and Brooks Bracewell.

"Some of his sister's bones were recovered in a culvert near Alvin in May 1976less than two years after Brooks and Georgia disappeared. Incredibly, no investigator thought of them — though Alvin is only 10 miles west of Dickinson, it's in Brazoria County, not Galveston County.

It was in 1981 — when Gary was away at college — that Brazoria County deputy Matt Wingo inherited the unidentified bones case from 1976. He searched the Alvin ditch again and found more remains, as well as the fragments of a gold sweater and plaid pants. Brooks and Georgia had been found at last."
BBM

In 1974, two Dickinson girls went missing. Why didn't police investigate?

Georgia Caroline Geer (1960-1974) - Find A Grave...

Brooks Bracewell (1962-1974) - Find A Grave...

The Gone cold podcast is indeed very good.

I'm still confused on the unidentified bones found dating back to 1976 which may or may not be connected to this case. In this thread people made a point about two different sets of bones were found. One find refered to as Brazoria bones (also in the GC podcast), which was apparently two people. Then another find in Alvin, Tx of apparently 3 skeletons. However Alvin is in Brazoria county, so this is one and the same?! For the "Brazoria bones" a connection to the Trio has been ruled out in the meantime if you believe the GC podcast.
That is enough to get anyone confused. Alvin is in Brazoria County. They are one and the same. Those girls were identified. However, I think there needs to be more extensive searches in that area. Jmo If you speak with anyone that was involved in those cases or those searches, they feel more extensive searches should happen. Not necessarily connected to the trio, but just in general. These bones have led me on many wild goose chases and spun my head in so many directions.

They are indeed the same. When they originally found them they thought it was three people. When they returned on 81, they found more bones of the same two girls and were then able to identify them. I still would love to see more searches in that area. I would also love Jon Swaim to come back from the dead and tell why he was looking there. Oh how I wish he’d haunt me in this Halloween season. Not everyone thinks so but I think he was genius! He was digging in the killing fields before they were known to be the killing fields. He knew so very much evidently too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine