TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed in detail, but I’m curious about the validity/confirmation that Shawna did in fact see the car at the house that afternoon. I agree with @jetsfanjohn that more info is needed about her and whether or not she has spoken more about this in recent years.

This case baffles and frustrates me.

No to all questions. Nothing normal about the car being left in that parking lot. I’ve never heard of Rachel running off. Not from her parents or Tommy. IMO and that of a professional writing analyst willing to testify in court, Rachel did not write that letter. It is also her opinion that Tommy did in fact write it. I also agree with her on that. The question on that for me is why? Good thinking though.
Thank you for answering.

Since there is no mention of Julie or Lisa in the note I thought that maybe someone could recieve this note sometime prior to their disappearance (on some other occasion that wouldn't necessarily be a running away situation - cause with message so vague it'd only take for the adressee to not know about the trip to make it make sense (in a way of sheer possibility of this note being written by her, just not on that day).

If it wasn't a thing for other people and Rachel herself to leave car on that parking lot while going somewhere then pretty much all what I was thinking about doesn't make any sense.

I haven't refreshed my knowledge about the case recently but I recall that it's authenticity was widely discussed and that opinions about it varied.
One more theory I had considering possibility of note being faked and envelope being adressed by her would be to consider the possibility of her, sending a Christmas card to her husband prior to their disappearance and later being used to put a fake note in it.

I'm just ending up with more questions, as probably everyone who ever tried to make any sense out of it.

Did anyone ever went as far as to question some of the local philatelists?
Pretty sure that someone with hardcore passion for it could tell if that stamp on the envelope is even real.

I just zoomed it and it strikes me as odd that "4" in 24 looks so neat while all other numbers and letters look so blurry. It's just a copy, not even a picture.
Also that other "4" in "1974" looks like it ran away from the circle... "24" is not in the same line as "2 (...) DEC"...
I may be putting too much into it cause I stared at it for too long, but I never saw that before. Postmarks are usually pretty neat, and as much as I can see online, USPS postmarks are also neatly arranged. No smearing can mess straightness of the lines of text I think.

No postmark I can find online as collective piece for sale has this kind, and this many anomalies on. It should be relatively easy to get clear if some collector that has postcards and envelopes from 1974 in his possesion ever saw something like that and would consider it normal, or if it's just faked stamp.
1652917724020.png
I had so many thoughts about that letter, especially how weird it would be for someone to bet everything on USPS ability to deliver this letter on 24th, not on 26th or even later (I'd guess that post services would became pretty busy around Christmas)...

But I guess all of that would be pretty easy to check in 1974 and 1975, cause then pretty much everyone around would have a lot of letters with postmarks to compare.

Did anyone somewhat close to Rachel worked at post office and possibly grabbed some stamps "for fun", possibly even prior to 1974 would be my wonder.

Thank you for answering.

Since there is no mention of Julie or Lisa in the note I thought that maybe someone could recieve this note sometime prior to their disappearance (on some other occasion that wouldn't necessarily be a running away situation - cause with message so vague it'd only take for the adressee to not know about the trip to make it make sense (in a way of sheer possibility of this note being written by her, just not on that day).

If it wasn't a thing for other people and Rachel herself to leave car on that parking lot while going somewhere then pretty much all what I was thinking about doesn't make any sense.

I haven't refreshed my knowledge about the case recently but I recall that it's authenticity was widely discussed and that opinions about it varied.
One more theory I had considering possibility of note being faked and envelope being adressed by her would be to consider the possibility of her, sending a Christmas card to her husband prior to their disappearance and later being used to put a fake note in it.

I'm just ending up with more questions, as probably everyone who ever tried to make any sense out of it.

Pretty sure that someone with hardcore passion for it could tell if that stamp on the envelope is even real.

I just zoomed it and it strikes me as odd that "4" in 24 looks so neat while all other numbers and letters look so blurry. It's just a copy, not even a picture.
Also that other "4" in "1974" looks like it ran away from the circle... "24" is not in the same line as "2 (...) DEC"...
I may be putting too much into it cause I stared at it for too long, but I never saw that before. Postmarks are usually pretty neat, and as much as I can see online, USPS postmarks are also neatly arranged. No smearing can mess straightness of the lines of text I think.

No postmark I can find online as collective piece for sale has this kind, and this many anomalies on. It should be relatively easy to get clear if some collector that has postcards and envelopes from 1974 in his possesion ever saw something like that and would consider it normal, or if it's just faked stamp.
View attachment 344820
I had so many thoughts about that letter, especially how weird it would be for someone to bet everything on USPS ability to deliver this letter on 24th, not on 26th or even later (I'd guess that post services would became pretty busy around Christmas)...

But I guess all of that would be pretty easy to check in 1974 and 1975, cause then pretty much everyone around would have a lot of letters with postmarks to compare.

Did anyone somewhat close to Rachel worked at post office and possibly grabbed some stamps "for fun", possibly even prior to 1974 would be my wonder.
A person that contributed quiet a bit to this forum and to the girls case in general has many envelopes postmarked exactly the same way. The post mark has been confirmed by law enforcement to have come from a Fort Worth most likely the sub station outside Seminary South. I don’t believe this was premeditated enough or by people smart enough to fake a post mark. No one to my knowledge worked for the postal system. I believe this disappearance is still a mystery due to it not being properly investigated in the very beginning and dumb luck. Law enforcement did not go to the girls homes or look through their belongings to search for clues. The car was not fingerprinted. It was not investigated by law enforcement for almost a year. Nine year olds do not run away and 17 and 14 year olds that do do not take a 9 year old with them. Rachel Renee and Julie were severely let down by FWPD! And honestly still are being let down! Jmho

Thank you for answering.

View attachment 344820

Now I could be 100% wrong, but I try not to dwell too much on the envelope, because I do not think the 'runaway' note was in it when it went through the postal system.

There are plenty of mysteries with this case, but I don't think the envelope should be one of them, JMO.

A person that contributed quiet a bit to this forum and to the girls case in general has many envelopes postmarked exactly the same way. The post mark has been confirmed by law enforcement to have come from a Fort Worth most likely the sub station outside Seminary South. I don’t believe this was premeditated enough or by people smart enough to fake a post mark. No one to my knowledge worked for the postal system.
So this is basically in walking distance (or very short drive) between the nearest post box that would be taken to that Post Office from Rachel's home.
So... not so much of a mystery there. I shouldn't say that I'm surprised since digging deep in every single one of these seemingly super mysterious cases told totally different story than what was publicly presented.
I believe this disappearance is still a mystery due to it not being properly investigated in the very beginning and dumb luck. Law enforcement did not go to the girls homes or look through their belongings to search for clues. The car was not fingerprinted. It was not investigated by law enforcement for almost a year. Nine year olds do not run away and 17 and 14 year olds that do do not take a 9 year old with them. Rachel Renee and Julie were severely let down by FWPD! And honestly still are being let down! Jmho
Oh, so investigators were time travellers from sometime between 1774 and 1874, when story like that could fly.
This is beyond any stretch of reasonability. A year? If they were just 14 yo and 17yo + a note implying that they're going somewhere for few days, they should be on in before New Year's eve at worst. Car left behind, no belongings taken, they "said" that they will be back in about a week, no further conntact, they're not back, nobody knows where they are... about the time to investigate.
And with a 9 year old involved? Mindblowing and heartbreaking.
Now I could be 100% wrong, but I try not to dwell too much on the envelope, because I do not think the 'runaway' note was in it when it went through the postal system.

There are plenty of mysteries with this case, but I don't think the envelope should be one of them, JMO.
If other letters stamped at the Post Office have the exact same strange looking post stamp, all dwellings can end. Well, almost all.

I should probably give up on writing this post now, cause I haven't slept last night, so I apologise if it doesn't make any sense, but I can't stop thinking about it or figure what I'm still getting wrong here.

I never realised that there is DNA available in this case. And that it doesn't match any of the girls or family members.
WTH? Is that true?

If so, how does it fit with theory of letter being forged by Tommy and note not being inside while it was going through USPS?
Was it more likely to be Rachel's handwriting - so grabbed from the house? Given to someone while still unsealed, to be mailed later on that day - and that person licked it?

DNA wasn't around then so nobody would ask some random stranger to lick an envelope for them, but it wasn't Rachel and it wasn't Tommy. Not any of the girls, no one from the family.

I can't make any sense out of it. It just looks like someone outside of the house and family forged the letter to buy themselves some more time... but how could they know how to fake Rachel's handwriting?
If she wasn't forced to write it, then possibly she had some written notes with her that day

And only now I'm learnng that there weren't "gifts" left in the car, just one gift, and that's bit too little to consider as successfull shopping, especially that it was Lisa's while it was Rachel who wanted to buy things.
Was that gift even bought at the mall?

It seems like... it's more likely than not that they either didn't get to the mall at all, and whithesses confused them with other people (which I'd imagine being not so hard, considering how busy it had to be that day) or they did, but left very quickly, before any shopping could happen... or whatever they get, they still had on them.

It's crazy how relying on most common stories about this case it totally looks like someone close to them had to be involved in their disappearance, but more and more details and it looks like more than likely stranger abduction.

I can't help but consider LE involvement cause it just doesn't make any sense.
If "only" Rachel and Lisa went missing then okay - still quite a stretch considering the circumstances but if they were overworked, overall kinda neglectful and experienced many cases where families were shocked, scared and couldn't imagine their teenage kid/young loved one running away but later it revealed itself as yet another runaway case...
But Julie is missing! 9 year old Julie, and she had no money on her, no spare clothes, nothing, and literally everybody's accounts match there - Rachel invited bunch of other people and Julie ended up with them bit randomly. Car is left behind, letter arrives but (even with assumption that it's genuine) it doesn't explain who are "we". Julie is not mentioned there.
Isn't it kinda obvious to consider that even IF teenage girls would decide to ran away, that there is scary and alarming possibility that they may not take Julie with them? Possibly drop her near home where she never arrived? How this can be not alarming to anyone?
Okay, statistically big majority of adults and even teenagers that go and were going missing were and are "just" runaways, and no foul play is involved. But 9 year olds? How many 9 year olds could possibly ran away from home with no foul play, no accident involved and not come back within hours? I highly doubt that it could be considered majority anywhere at any time, especially in Winter and before Christmas.

I realise that it's likely not the case here, but most of the time - no matter how outrageous and heartbreaking it is now to realise that (in handsight) missing people could be found and mysteries could be solved if only case was taken seriously - it's pretty easy to see how investigators could not get that involved or interested in the case right away (or ever).
Young woman goes missing, supposedly sends a letter to vaguely explain herself - may not seem that alarming. Two young women - bit harder to still not see it as alarming. But a nine year old kid?!

Letter did not state "Julie is with us" and was not signed by three girls names, so it's not by any stretch enough to assume that she's probably fine and under care of Rachel and Lisa. Not even enough to hope for that considering families statements.
The above leads me to believe that it was not neglectful but criminal as hours and days were passing and LE still wasn't full on working this case.

IMO and that of a professional writing analyst willing to testify in court, Rachel did not write that letter. It is also her opinion that Tommy did in fact write it. I also agree with her on that. The question on that for me is why?
I have no idea what kind of person Tommy was at the time, but I keep asking myself that and recall some theories that the other suspected author may be Debra but...
I may be totally wrong on that, but IMO it's not so hard to come up with some wild guesses on "why?" and at the end of the day, people think differently, every person's logic is to some extent unique, especially in high stress situations but the most obvious for me would be either:
a) to buy themselves some more time,
b) to give families, friends and possibly LE false lead and hopefully send them on a wild goose chase
most likely both.

But why would this letter looked like this? Why would it be so vague?
I'd think that Tommy, being Rachel's husband and especially, having whole night to fake it should be able to come up with much better note, something that would appear to at least some extent as believeable story.

My insight is very limited, but it looks like whoever wrote this or forced Rachel to write it was not familiar with the dynamics between them and went under assumption that they either are sisters or like sisters, and Rachel's note would be enough to explain why they all suddenly got somewhere for couple days.

I can't help but consider LE involvement cause it just doesn't make any sense.
I have wondered this at times myself. It would explain why certain people are tight lipped to this very day.

However, I keep coming back to the letter and its probable author. I don't think he woke up on the morning of Dec. 23rd with murder in mind, but received news/information later on that morning that sent him into a rage, JMO.

So this is basically in walking distance (or very short drive) between the nearest post box that would be taken to that Post Office from Rachel's home.
So... not so much of a mystery there. I shouldn't say that I'm surprised since digging deep in every single one of these seemingly super mysterious cases told totally different story than what was publicly presented.

Oh, so investigators were time travellers from sometime between 1774 and 1874, when story like that could fly.
This is beyond any stretch of reasonability. A year? If they were just 14 yo and 17yo + a note implying that they're going somewhere for few days, they should be on in before New Year's eve at worst. Car left behind, no belongings taken, they "said" that they will be back in about a week, no further conntact, they're not back, nobody knows where they are... about the time to investigate.
And with a 9 year old involved? Mindblowing and heartbreaking.

If other letters stamped at the Post Office have the exact same strange looking post stamp, all dwellings can end. Well, almost all.

I should probably give up on writing this post now, cause I haven't slept last night, so I apologise if it doesn't make any sense, but I can't stop thinking about it or figure what I'm still getting wrong here.

I never realised that there is DNA available in this case. And that it doesn't match any of the girls or family members.
WTH? Is that true?

If so, how does it fit with theory of letter being forged by Tommy and note not being inside while it was going through USPS?
Was it more likely to be Rachel's handwriting - so grabbed from the house? Given to someone while still unsealed, to be mailed later on that day - and that person licked it?

DNA wasn't around then so nobody would ask some random stranger to lick an envelope for them, but it wasn't Rachel and it wasn't Tommy. Not any of the girls, no one from the family.

I can't make any sense out of it. It just looks like someone outside of the house and family forged the letter to buy themselves some more time... but how could they know how to fake Rachel's handwriting?
If she wasn't forced to write it, then possibly she had some written notes with her that day

And only now I'm learnng that there weren't "gifts" left in the car, just one gift, and that's bit too little to consider as successfull shopping, especially that it was Lisa's while it was Rachel who wanted to buy things.
Was that gift even bought at the mall?

It seems like... it's more likely than not that they either didn't get to the mall at all, and whithesses confused them with other people (which I'd imagine being not so hard, considering how busy it had to be that day) or they did, but left very quickly, before any shopping could happen... or whatever they get, they still had on them.

It's crazy how relying on most common stories about this case it totally looks like someone close to them had to be involved in their disappearance, but more and more details and it looks like more than likely stranger abduction.
It was no stranger abduction. Rachel did not write the letter. It does not even resemble her handwriting. There was one gift in the floorboard of the car and it was not purchased on that shopping trip.

I have no idea what kind of person Tommy was at the time, but I keep asking myself that and recall some theories that the other suspected author may be Debra but...
I may be totally wrong on that, but IMO it's not so hard to come up with some wild guesses on "why?" and at the end of the day, people think differently, every person's logic is to some extent unique, especially in high stress situations but the most obvious for me would be either:
a) to buy themselves some more time,
b) to give families, friends and possibly LE false lead and hopefully send them on a wild goose chase
most likely both.

But why would this letter looked like this? Why would it be so vague?
I'd think that Tommy, being Rachel's husband and especially, having whole night to fake it should be able to come up with much better note, something that would appear to at least some extent as believeable story.

My insight is very limited, but it looks like whoever wrote this or forced Rachel to write it was not familiar with the dynamics between them and went under assumption that they either are sisters or like sisters, and Rachel's note would be enough to explain why they all suddenly got somewhere for couple days.
Debra did not write that letter either. Looks nothing like her handwriting.

It was no stranger abduction. Rachel did not write the letter. It does not even resemble her handwriting. There was one gift in the floorboard of the car and it was not purchased on that shopping trip.
Wow, so apart from whitnesses statements given by people who didn't knew the girls and only suspected maybe seeing them there is... esentially no reason to assume that they ever made it to the mall?

And the letter was written by someone who:
- didn't bother to try to fake Rachel's handwriting,
- didn't bother with making up a believable story,
- didn't care about explaining Lisa's and Julie's disappearance to their families.

Was that old pair of Lisa's pants/jeans found in the car?
I only saw mentioned that these new ones that she surely got weren't there and assumption that she must have changed them in the car. But that would make sense only if the old pair was in there.

Wow, so apart from whitnesses statements given by people who didn't knew the girls and only suspected maybe seeing them there is... esentially no reason to assume that they ever made it to the mall?

And the letter was written by someone who:
- didn't bother to try to fake Rachel's handwriting,
- didn't bother with making up a believable story,
- didn't care about explaining Lisa's and Julie's disappearance to their families.

Was that old pair of Lisa's pants/jeans found in the car?
I only saw mentioned that these new ones that shexplae surely got weren't there and assumption that she must have changed them in the car. But that would make sense only if the old pair was in there.
The only witness sighting from the Mall that I think may be legitimate is the one from the guy in the Record Store, who I believe knew Rachel ?

His witness sighting makes me think they may have made it to the Mall. On the flip side they did not keep the arrangement to meet their friends at the Mall. I think they were supposed to meet at 1.00pm ? Makes me wonder if whatever fate befell the girls was happening in or around that time.

With regard to the author of the letter not explaining Lisa and Renee's disappearance to their families, I think there is a strong possibility that he did not know who Julie was, JMO.

I decided that I need some visuals and it's just...

So this is I believe (but may be wrong) the distance between Rachel's home and Navy Shop (if it was in same address as it is now).
Less than 3 miles, about 10 minutes drive:
1653267061877.png
This would be possible drive from Navy Store to the Mall:
7ish miles, 15 minutes ride:
1653267342263.png
With possible stop by their home (or somewhere in general area of their homes):
It's just bit over one extra mile, would take few minutes more cause it seems to be along the way.
1653267012190.png
This one is even more interesting. Cause Railway station/bus stops seems to be FIVE freaking MILES from the mall.
Seriously? Anyone could say this theory with straight face?
I was naively under impression that since it was repeated so much, that they could get to the bus station easy, quickly, cause it was close. But it wasn't?
So three girls, nine year old included, having working car with gas supposedly decided not only to run away together but also drop the car and walk five miles, on foot to get to the bus station? That's at least two hours of walking or total waste of money to get from the mall to the bus stop taking another bus or maybe cab.
This is just outright ridiculous.
1653269030030.png
Shame that people are wasting their braincells for nothing. I know that chances for some random person to come up with an idea of previously unexplored lead is very slim, but that could bring something if they were exposed to more factual story. With youtube around there are millions of people who heard about girls disappearance, and 99,9% of them were trying to solve a riddle that never existed.

Sorry for spamming this thread, I just can't stop thinking about their disappearance.

I’ve been watching this case for a while now. The burning question in my mind that plays over and over again is motive, because I do believe like the rest here that the story of them having to get away for a while is b.s. But I guess without viable suspects and competent l.e., we can never know the motive for their disappearance. Just wanted to chime in. I’m not qualified to contribute anything further as far as theories go. I’m just sad these girls haven’t been found.

I’ve been watching this case for a while now. The burning question in my mind that plays over and over again is motive, because I do believe like the rest here that the story of them having to get away for a while is b.s. But I guess without viable suspects and competent l.e., we can never know the motive for their disappearance. Just wanted to chime in. I’m not qualified to contribute anything further as far as theories go. I’m just sad these girls haven’t been found.

Anyone's qualified to contribute.

The chances of those that know this case better than most coming up with proof of what happened are slim to none. Fresh eyes are always welcome. We are looking for a needle in a hay stack. Who knows you may be the one person to see that needle or to pose a question to make someone’s brain turn. I’m thankful for new eyes and inquisitive minds. There is a LOT of bad information out there. There are people very close to this case that continue to share bad information. At times I may have shared bad information that was given to me by family members. In the last few years I’ve learned oh so much about this case. Did you know that until about 12 years ago I thought Tommy was a widow with his son living with him when he married Rachel??? Blew my mind when I found Shana had a fb profile. That was the beginning of the lies coming unraveled to me. So many lies in this story. It’s no wonder no one can paint a valid timeline. When I think of all the lies it just makes me sick to my stomach. Some have been so very hurtful to so many. It really is just heartbreaking. My heart aches for all three girls but, I feel that Rachel was betrayed by those she loved the most in this world. I feel she continues to be betrayed by them almost 50 years later. It’s one thing to be betrayed by people you don’t know, another by those you trust and love. How I pray that it will be exposed some day. Someone or some people are carrying a HEAVY burden. They will never give the other families peace because they are selfish to the core. Only looking out for themselves. You too will have to stand before that throne and confess in the end. I’d take the judgment of man kind any day over that of God’s any day. And I truly believe they watch this page. They will read this post. And fyi, I’ve never worked against you. Only worked for justice for Rachel, Renee, and Julie.

I wanted to go through all the threads and other info, but I'll probably have more work to do in upcoming days, so I'll just share the wild theories I got so far.

Why writing on the envelope was done in pencil while letter was written in pen?
It's not a good idea to use a pencil on the envelope, it can easily get smeared and turn indeciperrable. Why then? Maybe it was the only writing accessory that the person could find? So maybe it wasn't written at home, where (usually) there is at least few pens that are easy to grab. Maybe it was done in garage, or car workshop? In my experience these are the places where it's usually relatively easy to find pencil, but hard to get pens.

I didn't get to any confirmation yet so I don't know if it was confirmed but it looks like same person wrote it. So different tools has to mean that it was written at different time.
The only reason why such a need would appear would be, in my mind, that it's author didn't knew YET what exactly they want to write there, but they were in a hurry to get the postmark with earliest possible date on it.
Would be nice to know at what time letters were collected from the post box near the mall. That could add a little, tiny clue to the timeline - not much if it was like 5pm, but if earlier?

I can't believe that I was staring at this letter for hours now, and many times before and I never noticed how the first sentence is phrased.
So "Rachel" is explaining why "she" decided to run away for a week and take her younger friend and neighbourhood kid with her, and instead of imagining what could possibly be THAT important for her that person comes up with admission of guilt.
For the longest time I assumed that "catching it" meant "catching" some dream, goal, achievement that this Houston trip could allow her to reach. That this is something more like "I know that this time I'm gonna make it", like getting great job, finding someone who she deeply missed maybe finally having someone agree to talk to her. Like a really really BIG goal, that at least some people close to her would be aware of.
Only now I learned that it means "I know that I'm going to face consequences/ I know that I'll be punished for this". Oh dear God!

And THAT was something that allegedly her husband wrote? Same husband who called her "the love of his life"?
So whatever happens, let's say that it was some freaky accident. He did nothing wrong, nobody did nothing wrong, but "something" tragic happened, girls ended up dead and if he'd report this or called for help it would look like he's guilty of triple murder. So he decided to cover it up.
And this human, while totally aware that girls are NOT coming back, that they will NEVER return from this Houston getaway, and that this letter will be (in his mind) the last thing that everyone will think about while remembering Rachel, that-love-of-his-life-Rachel and he comes up with essentially "It's my fault. We're heading to Houston ya know? This Houston that nobody will never know why I'd need or want to go now. Seeya in a week, or maybe bit later. It's unclear how long we will be away, no biggie. Don't worry. But I have one important info that anyone will be able to understand and that's crucial: CAR IS IN SEARS UPPER LOT. Cause no way that y'all going to look for us there and find the abandoned car. Nobody should worry at all, especially family of this kid that I had with me. Cause why would they. This letter explains everything. And also: LOVE, I LOVE you Thomas."

I don't like this tone. I don't like it at all. And this is what I see there.

It's not like he could write it not knowing the girls fate. He had to be sure that no one would see them in "about a week". He had to be sure that right after he showed Debra this letter (or as they went to their family home with it) that girls won't show up unexpectedly. That no one could possibly show up with a proof that Rachel couldn't write it that afternoon.
Cause what else? What "innocent" explanation could be out there? That he assumed that they got to party and decided to fake the note, to explain their absence, cause Rachel was too irresponsible to act reasonably? No idea where they are, letter just in case? It's as ridiculous as it could be.

Pretty much the only not ridiculous scenario - with assumption that he did wrote the letter - would be that girls either met him sometime between navy store and the mall, or that he found them at the mall and drove back home (or somewhere), where some violent events took place, Rachel got killed and the other two girls murdered cause they whitnessed the crime.
What else? Someone else murdered them, he whitnessed it and was nice enough to help? Cover for that person? Blackmailed? Too scared? What blackmailer or scary person would be so petty to make sure how he's covering for it in a way that gently implies that Rachel is all at fault?
Love-of-his-life got murdered or as he later "believed" kidnapped and trafficked, and he, heartbroken had no way to prevent it, no way to save her, no other choice than to cover it up for his own sake. And instead of something to the accord of "I'm sorry, I/we had no other choice than to.." he writes ~ I know that I'll have to face consequences of this.

He may have help. That would explain different DNA on the envelope. These are still just my wild theories, but people that are able to murder often have no shortage of all sorts of shady friends.There is virtually nothing I saw anywhere that could exclude him as a suspect.

I was assumming that he was not involved... up till today. At almost same time I noticed how this letter actually sounds like, and read that Rachel's father was horribly abusive towards his daughters but wonderful man in his wife's eyes - and that Rachel jumped into that marriage to get away from the abuse.
Usually it's a sure way to get into same kind of abuse.

Once again - just my speculations, but what contradicts that scenario? Everything else seems to be at one point or another outright ridiculous.
Guy from the record store knew Rachel but talked only (?) to Renee. Saw someone with the girls. Maybe that was the husband?
Even if that whitness was mistaken, nobody would saw it as odd seeing TT in his/Rachel's car.

And why that present wasn't in the trunk? It may be just accidental and mean absolutely nothing. But may as well mean that Renee kept it in the car cause Rachel planned to maybe grab something from home on the way back and Renee thought that she'll give it to her husband then (saying that's for the kid). Or maybe he was with them? They were going to get gifts for his son after all, so tere may be a chance that he got interested in participating in it maybe?

It would be interesting to see if any calls were made from their home that day. And at what time.

Last edited:
I think what sticks out to me is the goof on the zip code. Weatherford happens to be where tt married his next 2 wives after Rachel disappeared and Throckmorton is where he received the marriage license's and ironically Rachel's name is also on the deed to that house. And I don't buy him not having a vehicle. Yet when they disappeared he suddenly didn't have one. I think they are in the lake. Its the perfect crime with rage and jealously. I think that the sister called him that day to tell him she was at the mall and he went there and saw her in that record shop with California guy. I think the witness that saw them arguing in the parking lot and tt replied its a family thing is accurate. Which the witness said he was in a van. I think the rage and jealousy made him do it.

Have yet to see solid proof to convince me that at least one of the three, if not two or all three weren't alive some time after that Christmas period. There are a lot of loose threads hanging out there that indicate such possibilities. And no, I don't have the slightest idea on how to go about tracking/verifying these various threads, much less tying them all into one neat bow.
Just my own feeling/intuition/opinion, right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth