TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some have seen DA as the "weak link" in this case. It seems the thinking for years has been along the lines of "break down DA, and you'll catch a killer, and the case will be solved". The problem is, in 48 long years, DA hasn't broken. Counseling/therapy, yes. Suicide attempt, yes. Psychological distress, yes. But no confessions. Why is that?
I'll admit I find it difficult to see DA as an innocent party. Not that she necessarily did anything physically to the girls, but I feel sure she has information that could have helped. So for me I think the reasons for not revealing any info after all this time could be
1, knowing that somehow she was a cause of what happened and not wanting to face any fall out
2, knowing she kept info that could have led to the girls being found sooner and knowing how that is going to go down with living relatives
3, still having some fear associated with what she knows.
4, she's protecting someone who is still living
5, she lied originally and is evasive about giving answers now, to cover up something else, and that something else is either illegal or still a source of danger to her
6,having kept her secrets this long, she just intends to carry on keeping them and sticking to the story that she knows nothing. Which may be true, but Im more than doubtful.

How long was CA in business? It's been suggested the shops/buildings may have been leased (rather than owned), by CA. Maybe there were problems with leases, that prompted a move, and paperwork didn't keep up. Also, did he start the business, or buy an existing business (and rename it)? That might be a factor.
These are the questions that don't seem to get a straight answer. Along with many others.

Ok I have found some other businesses at 801-A. I guess this is some kind of extension address with the A. It looks like it doesn't have anything to do with the office building at 801. The businesses at 801-A are in the area behind what was White's Auto which was at 815 E Abram. Right across the tracks is 144 S Collins, so I guess my question now is when did they give up the shop at 144?

These are the questions that don't seem to get a straight answer. Along with many others.
That's not good. Maybe CA took that information to the grave. TT sure seemed to know little enough about the business (though he was registered co-owner).He always maintained that CA handled all the business/office work. Interesting.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this thread and have read all of the old posts-- one thing that stuck out to me (from the website of Rachel's brother) MissingTrio.com is for sale | HugeDomains is the statement from the Security guard named Hutchins. He says he saw a young security guard in a pick up with the three girls the night they disappeared and talked to all of them. At the time he spoke with them they were laughing and joking around so he didn't think anything was amiss.
This young security guard seems like a good suspect to me for a couple of reasons and I submit that this is a possible scenario:
The three girls come out of the mall and are walking towards the car, they put the purchases in the car. Young security guard sees them and approaches them with some weird "I need your help" story -- maybe to identify someone suspected of shoplifting or something like that. Hutchins said the Julie Ann (9yrs old) was sitting next to him, then Renee (14yrs old), and next to the window was Rachel (17yrs old). Perhaps he was known to one of the girls? I'm thinking Rachel might have known who he was and was ok with getting in the vehicle but because she was married and maybe didn't like him as much as he liked her, she sat by the window.
Then he tells them they're going to ride to another part of the mall parking lot and gets them in his truck. Or maybe he just said, I'm riding through the parking lot on my rounds, y'all want to come? I don't know. (I think he may have been watching them and parked the truck near their car).
Another witness saw a man shoving a girl into a white van, when he approached the man he was told "this is a family dispute and it's non of your business". So, what if young security guard's job was to get the girls and bring them to the actual kidnapper(s) the ones in the white van I mean? (just spitballing here)
There's only one mention of the young security guard in an article from 2004 Ft. Worth paper that states the police talked to the guy and he denied being at the mall entirely and didn't know the girls etc.... I think this is the right link https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article216132035.html

I'd really like to know who the young security guard is, what his history looks like, and if he has any connections whatsoever to any of the girls... just seems like an interesting lead that needs to be pursued.

I don't know if this has been discussed before or maybe I just overlooked it or forgot but there seems to have been two addresses in Arlington for Arnold's Transmission, 144 S Collins and 801 E abram. I took a look at the satellite images for both and 144 Collins does appear to be a garage but 801 abram is an office building. These places are not far apart but have train tracks between them that would cause a longer travel time between the two.There also appears to be only one phone number for both. I don't know if I could somehow be getting this wrong, maybe someone else could take a look at it. I have posted the ad with the addresses and a link with some info on 801 abram, which according to it was a brand new building at that time. IIRC, 801 Abram is also listed as the mailing address with the Texas SoS. I don't know what the exchange center is and I'm a little confused about it, maybe it's nothing but if it is it could be something to know. Can someone help me out on this?

View attachment 410812

Well I did say "maybe it's nothing" and I think now that's what it is. I still can't be certain that Arnold's didn't have both locations but I think that 144 S Collins Exchange Center is the entire place with different garages and buildings leased out to different businesses. Sorry if I confused anyone but I was confused about it myself. The train tracks running through the middlle of the property just added to the confusion. I guess I'm back to square one on that.
I'm still looking at the images and all the junk and parts cars sitting around this place. I wonder if the Arnold's lease agreement would have entitled them to some of this space. I know the images are not 1974 but still yet it doesn't look like this place would have changed all that much.

That's not good. Maybe CA took that information to the grave. TT sure seemed to know little enough about the business (though he was registered co-owner).He always maintained that CA handled all the business/office work. Interesting.

Anything to do with business matters including taxes would have been mailed to the Abram address in TT's name. So either he knew somethng about the business or some one else was taking his mail without him seeing it.

Anything to do with business matters including taxes would have been mailed to the Abram address in TT's name. So either he knew somethng about the business or some one else was taking his mail without him seeing it.
According to Wishyouknew (thread 5, pg 49, post 972), "From all accounts (FA) handled the paperwork for the business". TT always said CA handled the office end of the business, he (TT) "just worked there" in the shop. So how did that work?
Between comments made in Catch My Killer podcast, and present discussion, either Mr. and Mrs. A saw a golden opportunity in TT and "milked that cow" (but kept said cow in the dark),  or TT's pleas of ignorance are extraordinary.
I guess it's possible none of those three knew how to run a business.

Last edited:
A bit off topic, but does anyone know whether DA or TT were at that infamous birthday party? IIRC, it was Rachel's party, held at Renee's house, about a month before the girls disappeared. Rachel's antics with CJG are known, but I don't recall reading or hearing anywhere whether any of Rachel's family or household attended.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know whether DA or TT were at that infamous birthday party? IIRC, it was Rachel's party, held at Renee's house, about a month before the girls disappeared. Rachel's antics with CJG are known, but I don't recall reading or hearing anywhere whether any of Rachel's family or household attended.
I would hazard a guess and say there was no way in hell TT was at it !!

I get the impression DA was not there either. She may not have been in Fort Worth at that time ?

1, knowing that somehow she was a cause of what happened and not wanting to face any fall out
Like that alleged, fateful phone conversation that many believe prompted TT to leave work, and head for the shopping mall? (Yes, I now believe he could've been at work)
2, knowing she kept info that could have led to the girls being found sooner and knowing how that is going to go down with living relatives
3, still having some fear associated with what she knows.
Agreed. There are ways she could've submitted info to LE anonymously. But, she could know something that only the killer(s) or an accomplice would know, and she realizes this. There's also the possibility of threats, blackmail, etc.
4, she's protecting someone who is still living
This one I find most interesting. The only "someone" who makes sense to me is the "someone" who was 2 yrs old, when this happened. We have reason to believe both his parents lied about events/whereabouts that day.
5, she lied originally and is evasive about giving answers now, to cover up something else, and that something else is either illegal or still a source of danger to her
Any number of things come to mind here, involving some favorite old theories--organized crime, old biker boyfriends, drugs, trafficking, etc. But at this point, those do seem unlikely.
6,having kept her secrets this long, she just intends to carry on keeping them and sticking to the story that she knows nothing.
This one is just  sad. I would hope to God in Heaven this is not so...

Was TT still racing when the girls disappeared? I've heard a lot of discussion about vehicles he owned (or didn't own) at the time, but I don't think I've heard mention of whether he was still racing or what type of car it would've been. Also, when he did race, was it on a circuit, or just one dedicated track?

Last edited:
Was TT still racing when the girls disappeared? I've heard a lot of discussion about vehicles he owned (or didn't own) at the time, but I don't think I've heard mention of whether he was still racing or what type of car it would've been. Also, when he did race, was it on a circuit, or just one dedicated track?
I didn't know TT ever raced. I knew CA did.

Regarding the alleged phone call that "put things in motion": do we know for certain who the source of that call was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla