TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was stated that he has no clear memories of his own, but that he's caught his mother in some lies. Not sure how that works.
I think its telling though that he spoke to the lady who claimed to watch him at the bowling alley, and seems to feel her story is verifiable and more trustworthy than his mothers version.

Yes she had TT walking from Benbrook lake to the Bowling Alley in her theory. FW_Cat lived a couple houses down from the Arnolds when she was growing up. IMO her and DA were Besties. You will never hear FW_Cat say anything Bad about DA and she will always defend her in a conversation. If you watch the car pulls at Benbrook Lake you will see FW_Cat sitting on the fence next to DA talking.
Not necessarily. A poster (T.Rex or tilomagnet I think ?) suggested a number of pages back another scenario that did not involve a phone call.

It was a scenario that seems plausible, where back at the house someone innocently 'let slip' who they were at the Mall with, and the situation escalated from there.
I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where TT did it but DA is innocent. DA placed herself at the house on Minot. I don't see any way that TT could have done it without DA's knowledge or involvement. To me, either they're both involved, or neither is involved.

Not alot. He apparently worked at Barbary Coast in Houston and that is about the only fact. Everything else about him turns into everything else in this case - mystery and rumour.
DA doesn't remember if she met him 72, 73, 74, which is rubbish as you would know if you knew someone years or months, and would know if you were in contact with him while in ither relationships etc.
He supposedly called and invited himself for Christmas and she forgot he was coming till he arrived. Again rubbish. How did he know to call her at Minot if they had just casually met sometime, after all she hadn't been there long herself. Visiting over Christmas is different to visiting a random weekend, and if he was due to spend Christmas with her you would think some sort of arrangement would have been made to include him.
He got off work in Houston and drove all night arriving 3 hours later. First that was some fast driving, and second why not sleep a couple hours and arrive later in the day? Also notice DA doesn't remember meeting him, forgot he was coming, but knows exactly when he got off work and when he arrived.
Supposedly he just turned around and left immediately. Unlikely! I mean the guy has worked a shift, drove through the night, and doesn't even stay for a drink or to use the toilet? Which must be the case if TT is to be believed when he says he doesn't remember SM arriving at all.

My feeling is that either SM was mentioned because there was activity, new vehicles, outside Minot that night, and this accounted for it, or SM did visit as claimed but hot tailed it out of town when he realised something bad had gone on and wanted no part of it. I assume SM was spoken to at some point by LE but that would depend on how soon DA actually mentioned him and if he were traceable/ alive by then. He doesn't seem to have been in DA's life after that morning and no one else connected to the case seems to know him.

Edited to add that SM seems to have been a legitimate well established dj, likely older than DA as he was working at Barbary Coast in 1971. I found mention of him being a kind of mentor to a female DJ karen cook back in 1971 in a few places talking about her musical background View attachment 411237Karen Mixon Cook - Wikipedia
DJ Sam is suspicious. But if he's not involved, or only became involved when he arrived in town, I think his intention was the same as a guy throwing rocks at a girl's bedroom window. He also might have been dropping off or picking up substances. Night workers are still wired when they get off work. My opinion. The responses DA wrote said something like he left because he wasn't getting attention, which to me hinted at he definitely wanted more attention.

Anybody know where RA was on the 23rd. In one interview he said he was being dragged by his Mom to ALL the stores. I've heard RA do a lot of talking BUT not about where he was on that day. After ALL he was 11 years old. I have a good memory of things when I was 11. I'm just wondering if he was with his Mom or Dad or was stashed away somewhere else out of the way.
Good point. Also, I wonder if he and "Little ST" ever played together. Like maybe RA would be brought or invited over to Minot to "entertain" the toddler, and get him (RA) out of the house for a bit.

Last edited:
DJ Sam is suspicious. But if he's not involved, or only became involved when he arrived in town, I think his intention was the same as a guy throwing rocks at a girl's bedroom window. He also might have been dropping off or picking up substances. Night workers are still wired when they get off work. My opinion. The responses DA wrote said something like he left because he wasn't getting attention, which to me hinted at he definitely wanted more attention.
SM is suspicious. Dan James's notes to LE has SM at Minot on the 22nd. His notes say SM was at the Bowling Alley on the 22nd and also at the Pizza Inn that night on the 22nd with DA. His notes also say DA lived with SM sometime between Sept. and Nov. of 1974. His notes also say TT said SM's car was at Minot when he left for work and was there at Minot when he got back from work BUT then DA says TT never came to Minot before he went Bowling. This is where the more you know is the more you don't know it's more like OK whose telling the Truth here. I think TT and DA have been playing off each other for 48 years. I would be very surprised if they didn't talk with each other to this day.

Edited to add that SM seems to have been a legitimate well established dj, likely older than DA as he was working at Barbary Coast in 1971. I found mention of him being a kind of mentor to a female DJ karen cook back in 1971 in a few places talking about her musical background

It looks like this could be him still working in Houston in 1979 at a place called Spats.
It's Cash Box Magazine, July 21 1979 issue, page 39.
I don't know how to share a document or if it's even allowed but here's a link that can be searched. SM's name can also be found in several other '78 and '79 issues of this magazine.

It looks like this could be him still working in Houston in 1979 at a place called Spats.
It's Cash Box Magazine, July 21 1979 issue, page 39.
I don't know how to share a document or if it's even allowed but here's a link that can be searched. SM's name can also be found in several other '78 and '79 issues of this magazine.

What a good find. So since he was someone making a name for himself as a dj, it should have been pretty easy to see if he was working or not 22, 23rd. I wonder if LE checked this? I would love to be able to figure out his involvement, if any, since the mention of him just seems out of place in the statement of someone who can't remember the bare basics around her sister going missing, but can remember details of his visit

What a good find. So since he was someone making a name for himself as a dj, it should have been pretty easy to see if he was working or not 22, 23rd. I wonder if LE checked this? I would love to be able to figure out his involvement, if any, since the mention of him just seems out of place in the statement of someone who can't remember the bare basics around her sister going missing, but can remember details of his visit
You have to put this in perspective though. Making a name for your self in strip clubs may not get you on the radio. That magazine is put out by the coin operated machine industry. Hmmmm I wonder who controls coin operated machines. SM was born in1943 and DA was born in 1955. Could this be a business arrangement with benefits. IMO DA is not going to even look your way unless you can do something for her and in return she may do something for you. This ALL smells soooooo much like organized crime to me.

What a good find. So since he was someone making a name for himself as a dj, it should have been pretty easy to see if he was working or not 22, 23rd. I wonder if LE checked this? I would love to be able to figure out his involvement, if any, since the mention of him just seems out of place in the statement of someone who can't remember the bare basics around her sister going missing, but can remember details of his visit.
Maybe he had a "thing" for DA, but the feeling wasn't mutual (or she was just "using"him).

You have to put this in perspective though. Making a name for your self in strip clubs may not get you on the radio. That magazine is put out by the coin operated machine industry. Hmmmm I wonder who controls coin operated machines. SM was born in1943 and DA was born in 1955. Could this be a business arrangement with benefits. IMO DA is not going to even look your way unless you can do something for her and in return she may do something for you. This ALL smells soooooo much like organized crime to me.
Very fair points. I wasn't thinking celeb dj though, more that his bosses would remember if he worked or changed a shift unexpectedly rather than him just being a random job a night dj.

I absolutely agree about DA , and thats why I've not struggled as some have with the concept that she could have caused or allowed something to happen to the girls if it saved her own skin.

When you say 'organised crime' , do you mean organised crime was responsible for the three girls going missing or just being involved in the 'clean up' afterwards ?

I would tend go with the latter (if OC was involved at all).

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not making the connection between a disco DJ and organized crime, unless the job as DJ was a "cover" for something else.

I absolutely agree about DA , and thats why I've not struggled as some have with the concept that she could have caused or allowed something to happen to the girls if it saved her own skin.
Okay, I'll bite- (for the moment). But, DA would have to be involved (read "up to her eyeballs")in something pretty darn serious, for this to make sense, IMO.

Last edited:
When you say 'organised crime' , do you mean organised crime was responsible for the three girls going missing or just being involved in the 'clean up' afterwards ?

I would tend go with the latter (if OC was involved at all).
If organized crime (involving DA), was responsible for any part of this, then TT is off the hook for murder and dumping bodies. At most, he can be fingered for writing/sending that letter/envelope. Unless, there was an organized crime connection to the transmission business...

Okay, I'll bite- (for the moment). But, DA would have to be involved (read "up to her eyeballs")in something pretty darn serious, for this to make sense, IMO.
Not necessarily- fear can be a massive motivator.
Just to clarify though, I'm not implying DA was involved in oc. Just saying the way I view DA isn't favourable so I can entertain her involvement in some way, be that prior, during or after, without it feeling too much of a stretch. I do think she hasn't been honest about that day, and there is some reason for that lack of honesty

SM is suspicious. Dan James's notes to LE has SM at Minot on the 22nd. His notes say SM was at the Bowling Alley on the 22nd and also at the Pizza Inn that night on the 22nd with DA. His notes also say DA lived with SM sometime between Sept. and Nov. of 1974. His notes also say TT said SM's car was at Minot when he left for work and was there at Minot when he got back from work BUT then DA says TT never came to Minot before he went Bowling. This is where the more you know is the more you don't know it's more like OK whose telling the Truth here. I think TT and DA have been playing off each other for 48 years. I would be very surprised if they didn't talk with each other to this day.
DA was supposed to be working the night of the 22nd (according to her alibi). She had just moved in with Rachel and TT (I thought she'd just moved out of an apt shared with the biker ex). If James is accurate, DA's version is highly questionable.
That would also mean one (or more) of the following is true:
1. SM would be  DA's alibi (for the 22nd and 23rd)
2. SM had the house to himself, while DA took TT to the bowling alley (again,"foul" on DA),
3. SM would know whether the girls came back to the house (after the mall),  and
4. SM would know whether the girls met their end at Minot.
Again, this is all assuming James' notes are accurate.

Very fair points. I wasn't thinking celeb dj though, more that his bosses would remember if he worked or changed a shift unexpectedly rather than him just being a random job a night dj.

Most DJ's in strip clubs are just bikers who know how to play a certain song that the girl dances too. More than Likely his boss at the club would give him an alibi. DA worked at Gino's in Dallas that was owned by a guy who owned atleast 17 strip clubs. Organized crime in Texas in 1974 was most active in two cities Dallas and Houston. Yes if OC was involved I just think it was in the clean up and disposal (Like the Pulp Fiction movie).

Some of FW_Cat's posts may have been deleted, but she sounded certain that TT was the perp and that he had put them in the trunk of a car and sunk it in Benbrook Lake. She had a very detailed post about it.
She backtracked later and said that she was only speculating on one possibility, but that's not the way she presented it initially. Her earlier posts made it seem like she knew for certain that that's what had happened to the girls.
She initially insisted that one of TT's car had disappeared, but after that was debunked, she changed her scenario and said that he could have used a car that had been abandoned at the transmission shop.
I understood it (her whole posting history) as a journey filled with her own investigation that eventually led her to a different conclusion.
I guess it could be taken either way, but for me the hardest hitting, and sort of turning point were her maybe not exactly direct accusations but hints at certain indvidual who got access to case files and took advantage of it in the worst and most damaging way possible - messing with the actual original files to make it fit certain narrative.
Before that she was as you said - appearing pretty confident in Benbrook Lake theory.
Later was confident that they're not there.

This is a very very weird theory for me.
Right from the beginning it's 100% certain for anyone who gets into this case (no matter how closely related or random)
1. that A's family was in car-repairing business for YEARS.
2. that TT was in car-repairing business for months
3. that CA was racing cars, unavoidably causing him to know plenty of people who are switching/crashing cars way way more often than average people
4. that CA was very sick at this point (maybe he was still able to do stuff but he as hell he was missing a lot of work days cause of the sickness)
And the above means that basically with 100% certaintity - CA, TT and likely at least few of their friends/workers/coworkers/acquaintances had knowledge of the location and access to multiple vehicles that nobody cared about anymore.
So in a scenario where one of those people would suddenly found themselves in a need of a car to trash or transport a barrel/drum without causing anybodys suspicion there is no need to use;
a) fully registered and traceable car that belonged to TT
b) a vehicle that was sitting somewhere behind the one transmission shop that was at least somewhat still in business and operating
Then why limit the scenario to a? (okay, maybe caused by certaintity of missing car's existence) and then to b?
I can imagine "b" also being fully debunkable - cause maybe someone took pictures of the location not long before and everything was still there. Highely unlikely that happened, but even if it did, then even 100% proof that no car from transmission shop junkyard went missing doesn't mean that theory with some then-forgotten car being used to hide the bodies is wrong.

If that business was indeed shady, then there is no way that anyone could even make it certain that no car to which those people (including TT and anyone who could get some knowledge about cars from CA) could have easy access then went missing before Christmas 1974.
No way.

Most DJ's in strip clubs are just bikers who know how to play a certain song that the girl dances too. More than Likely his boss at the club would give him an alibi. DA worked at Gino's in Dallas that was owned by a guy who owned atleast 17 strip clubs. Organized crime in Texas in 1974 was most active in two cities Dallas and Houston. Yes if OC was involved I just think it was in the clean up and disposal (Like the Pulp Fiction movie).
What was DA's job at Gino's, and would that have  really given her OC connections?

What was DA's job at Gino's, and would that have  really given her OC connections?
If I know DA she was probably running the place after ALL on the 22nd and early morning she's at the bowling alley. the pizza inn. Gino's. and playing cards with her sister. In my opinion it would (but we ALL have opinions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail