TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm left handed and it looks exactly like my mess for what its worth , my handwriting looks like its about to fly off the paper or i'm writing down a slope unless I have line guides

This from CBS recent news article on the serial killer Rodney Alcala. This is pic #36 in the series they are showing. Looks alot like Mary Trlica. (Unable to load pics directly just a link here)

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/serial-killers-secret-photos-24-9-10/36/

Sorry to just randomly jump in here - I’ve been lurking but I haven’t really had anything constructive to post (until now). It’s possible that Alcala could have gotten to Rachel later, but at the time of the girls’ disappearance he was in prison. He wasn’t released until ‘77. I don’t know as much about Alcala as I do some other cases I’ve been following, but from what I’ve seen so far, I’m not convinced that this could be Mary Trlica.

No. I'd sure like to. Thing is; neither I nor anyone here (as far as I know) are handwriting experts. I've Googled the wee-wee on the subject. Subjects asked to "provide" a handwriting sample - are given typed copy to "write." People who turn over every example they have of a missing person's handwriting do so. These are more helpful samples because they are spontaneous and written under a variety of conditions and a range of feelings. Did Rachel's mother or sister have random samples to provide? She was a junior in high school, any homework or such as that would have been at Tommy's house. How cooperative was he or her family? All I know is that from reports, her mother and Debbie confirmed it was her hand-writing; 2 women that would know. That was good enough for the police. And then it wasn't. I'd love to know what the police know.
Is there anything new?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I rely on e-mail alerts for activity. So; Tricia made us a new home - and an alert or two went missing. The new-and-improved WS.com is just...WOW! Something it might interest everyone to know is this: You can be in almost daily contact with a number of people at the heart of a "cold case" and rarely discuss it. As time goes on; relationships stand on their own or fade away. Having said that...occasionally, from nowhere, something lands and stirs things up. That happened this week. Since any case disturbance demands immediate and full attention; it has mine so here I am.
As for the "Message in a Bottle Letters" same thing...something fell out of the sky in early December. So, I stopped writing after the 4th one - in the middle of the 5th one. Everything in the letters was already shared with family members. The letters were an attempt to provide it to law enforcement because no one else would. We have another new detective - my 5th in 10 years. I have all these stamped addressed envelopes (in pencil)...my hand-written journal, and a family member bullying a potential witness and accusing me of "ruining" the case almost 7 months later. People that have nothing to hide...hide nothing.msg_bttl1.jpg msg_bttl2.jpg

I rely on e-mail alerts for activity. So; Tricia made us a new home - and an alert or two went missing. The new-and-improved WS.com is just...WOW! Something it might interest everyone to know is this: You can be in almost daily contact with a number of people at the heart of a "cold case" and rarely discuss it. As time goes on; relationships stand on their own or fade away. Having said that...occasionally, from nowhere, something lands and stirs things up. That happened this week. Since any case disturbance demands immediate and full attention; it has mine so here I am.
As for the "Message in a Bottle Letters" same thing...something fell out of the sky in early December. So, I stopped writing after the 4th one - in the middle of the 5th one. Everything in the letters was already shared with family members. The letters were an attempt to provide it to law enforcement because no one else would. We have another new detective - my 5th in 10 years. I have all these stamped addressed envelopes (in pencil)...my hand-written journal, and a family member bullying a potential witness and accusing me of "ruining" the case almost 7 months later. People that have nothing to hide...hide nothing.View attachment 135194 View attachment 135195
I am so happy and relieved to read your post just now! Glad that you are OK and that you came back to give an update.

So what do you think of this new detective?

Also, exactly how does the family member think you have ruined the case? I mean obviously that's not true and some people are just getting uncomfortable after feeling "safe" for so long, but what is the reason they are giving and is anyone actually believing them?

As for the "Message in a Bottle Letters" same thing...something fell out of the sky in early December. So, I stopped writing after the 4th one - in the middle of the 5th one. Everything in the letters was already shared with family members. The letters were an attempt to provide it to law enforcement because no one else would. We have another new detective - my 5th in 10 years. I have all these stamped addressed envelopes (in pencil)...my hand-written journal, and a family member bullying a potential witness and accusing me of "ruining" the case almost 7 months later. People that have nothing to hide...hide nothing.View attachment 135194 View attachment 135195
Were you ok with Rusty giving your identity out? I'm a little confused why he would do that.

I am so happy and relieved to read your post just now! Glad that you are OK and that you came back to give an update.

So what do you think of this new detective?

Also, exactly how does the family member think you have ruined the case? I mean obviously that's not true and some people are just getting uncomfortable after feeling "safe" for so long, but what is the reason they are giving and is anyone actually believing them?
Point of clarification: It is not a family member that accused me of "ruining the case." It is a frightened "potential" witness. So, this person is being bullied for speaking out. That bully can only be one person. Those were no doubt his words.
What do I think of the new detective? I have no opinion. I have no plan to meet the person. I will pray for wisdom and insight and stand-by should that detective have questions about information I have provided. As always. I don't think the FWPD need my help being confused and overwhelmed. Who am I? I am the guide to the constellation of events and personalities that created that perfect storm. Over the past 10 years I have done everything imaginable to blow up my own theory of events. I can't do it. I challenge FWPD to rule it out. That's all. The 2nd worst day of Rusty's life is the day I find his sister. He never thinks about Renee or Julie. I think about them every single day. All three of them.

Point of clarification: It is not a family member that accused me of "ruining the case." It is a frightened "potential" witness. So, this person is being bullied for speaking out. That bully can only be one person. Those were no doubt his words.
What do I think of the new detective? I have no opinion. I have no plan to meet the person. I will pray for wisdom and insight and stand-by should that detective have questions about information I have provided. As always. I don't think the FWPD need my help being confused and overwhelmed. Who am I? I am the guide to the constellation of events and personalities that created that perfect storm. Over the past 10 years I have done everything imaginable to blow up my own theory of events. I can't do it. I challenge FWPD to rule it out. That's all. The 2nd worst day of Rusty's life is the day I find his sister. He never thinks about Renee or Julie. I think about them every single day. All three of them.
Hey, FW Cat! Welcome back! Doesn’t R think TT is the guilty party, as well? If not, why not? Does R not think of Julie and Renee due of tunnel vision? Would that “potential” witness be a former employee of a transmission shop or a bowler? ;)

What Rusty thinks is a mystery to me. Probably a little harsh to say he never thinks of Julie or Renee. I wouldn't know. I take a person's inventory based on their behavior and measure results. Character reveals itself. I cringe when he takes "the stage." He was an 11 year old CHILD. He did not witness one thing. He tells/repeats the stories/lies he has been told, alienates LE - he's smarter than everyone, burns bridges faster than they can be built, and poisons the well everyone drinks from. He has probably single-handedly done more damage to the case than everyone put together. I guess there are a few "Rainbow-Sprinkled-Unicorn-People" still drinking Rusty's kool-aid. I was never one of them. I'll leave it at that.

What Rusty thinks is a mystery to me. Probably a little harsh to say he never thinks of Julie or Renee. I wouldn't know. I take a person's inventory based on their behavior and measure results. Character reveals itself. I cringe when he takes "the stage." He was an 11 year old CHILD. He did not witness one thing. He tells/repeats the stories/lies he has been told, alienates LE - he's smarter than everyone, burns bridges faster than they can be built, and poisons the well everyone drinks from. He has probably single-handedly done more damage to the case than everyone put together. I guess there are a few "Rainbow-Sprinkled-Unicorn-People" still drinking Rusty's kool-aid. I was never one of them. I'll leave it at that.
What is your theory exactly?

96% the truth of what happened, and why, and how, and finally - where they ended up. It's the only thing that makes sense AND can be proven. That is for LE to do. If I am correct; it will upset people who, until that time, should be allowed to embrace what passes for peace after 4 decades.

Is FW_Cat
FW_Cat laid out the theory in detail in the last ten pages of this thread. Pages 24-25 are the spots where she cuts to the chase, perhaps.
B

Is FW_Cat denitely a woman? For some reason I always assumed FW_Cat was a man! :)

The basic theory is that Tommy Trlica was ticked off that Rachel had gone shopping after he had forbidden it, so he caught up with the trio, killed Rachel in fit of narcissistic rage, and then killed the two girls in order to silence them. FW_Cat believes that Tommy then put the bodies into an extra vehicle that he had at his transmission shop and sank that vehicle in a local reservoir. That's the gist of the theory, correct?

96% the truth of what happened, and why, and how, and finally - where they ended up. It's the only thing that makes sense AND can be proven. That is for LE to do. If I am correct; it will upset people who, until that time, should be allowed to embrace what passes for peace after 4 decades.
Okay, I read the basic rundown and quite a bit more of your theory. I think you're probably the closest to right that I've seen. But, there is at least one fact that is wrong in your scenario. The shop was not TT's it was Rachel's father's. Given, he could not work at that time due to cancer. But, I feel his direct involvement and relationship to the family is important.
I'm her cousin, I was born almost directly after she disappeared. I've grown up with her missing posters every day of my life. The stories of her are only really being told now that I'm grown.
That being said, I know this family intimately. I know we can remain silent for decades about things we don't want public. In my opinion, someone in my family knows something. TT couldn't have sunken a car without the records showing it gone from the shop. But, that could be covered up. He couldn't have been violent frequently with Rachel without a family member knowing about it, there was one that lived with them. It just seems like he would have to have an extra person to help work out these details. To this day, if you mention this case and try to talk about it to almost anyone in my family, they clam up quick. With very few exceptions, Rusty being one of those.

As for Renee and Julie, I do feel like they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. And, I feel for their families and them every single day. I've thought through every scenario, and had read up on this page a few years ago before you started posting. And, for them any way it went was horrible. I know Rusty feels for them too, but I can understand that tunnel vision. I can also understand how there is an extra guilt knowing that had they not been with Rachel that day, their families would be enjoying their loved ones today.

Okay, I read the basic rundown and quite a bit more of your theory. I think you're probably the closest to right that I've seen. But, there is at least one fact that is wrong in your scenario. The shop was not TT's it was Rachel's father's. Given, he could not work at that time due to cancer. But, I feel his direct involvement and relationship to the family is important.
I'm her cousin, I was born almost directly after she disappeared. I've grown up with her missing posters every day of my life. The stories of her are only really being told now that I'm grown.
That being said, I know this family intimately. I know we can remain silent for decades about things we don't want public. In my opinion, someone in my family knows something. TT couldn't have sunken a car without the records showing it gone from the shop. But, that could be covered up. He couldn't have been violent frequently with Rachel without a family member knowing about it, there was one that lived with them. It just seems like he would have to have an extra person to help work out these details. To this day, if you mention this case and try to talk about it to almost anyone in my family, they clam up quick. With very few exceptions, Rusty being one of those.

As for Renee and Julie, I do feel like they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. And, I feel for their families and them every single day. I've thought through every scenario, and had read up on this page a few years ago before you started posting. And, for them any way it went was horrible. I know Rusty feels for them too, but I can understand that tunnel vision. I can also understand how there is an extra guilt knowing that had they not been with Rachel that day, their families would be enjoying their loved ones today.
Records exist that show Tommy paid $10,000 to Cotton for the shop the summer he married Rachel. A number of things may have influenced that transaction: 1) Cotton was probably already fighting a losing battle with cancer. 2) Tommy's monthy "allowance" was on the condition he have a job. Read his father's will. 3) Maybe Tommy "employed" Cotton so he could learn the transmission business. Like an apprentice. That would be a mutually beneficial situation. Tommy's money was in a trust until he reached 30. Purchasing a business for a lump sum is a reasonable thing to do; it's a job.
Finally, whatever car he drove to the mall is the one they are still in. What car he owned, or had access to, "went missing" (on paper, not reported) in 1974?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd