TX - J'Zyra Thompson, 19 mos, burned in oven by 3yo siblings, Houston, Nov 2015

Rayemonde

Reaction score
Court records obtained by Eyewitness News show Child Protective Services is concerned with a number of issues relating to Thompson and her boyfriend. Records show Thompson [the mother] told officials she often left the kids home alone to drive her boyfriend to work at a pizza restaurant...
Court records show Price's [the father's] two kids told investigators that one of them put the baby in the oven, and the other turned it on. Records show the children told CPS workers they made the oven "hot," and that the baby was kicking the oven door while inside. Records also show Thompson tried CPR when she got home. But it was too late, the child had multiple burns...
No charges have been filed against Thompson or her boyfriend, though CPS workers said in their court filings that criminal charges are expected.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/toddler...fter-kids-left-home-alone-police-say/1092682/

Just gonna sit here and absorb for a moment

Oh dear God. I have no words.

I just cannot. My god. That poor, poor baby.

I hoped I had read the title to this wrong. I don't even know what to say. RIP sweet baby. I have read many disturbing cases on WS, but this just blows my mind!!

I just don't understand - 3 year olds?? How do three year olds know how to turn on the oven? And why would you leave a three year old and a 19 month old home alone?

I just don't understand - 3 year olds?? How do three year olds know how to turn on the oven? And why would you leave a three year old and a 19 month old home alone?

It seems that there was also a 5 year in the apartment.

A juvenile court judge ordered the two other children and another one of their siblings, aged 3, 3, and 5, into foster homes Wednesday in a custody hearing a day after J’zyra Thomspon died..

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/houston-toddler-burned-death-playing-oven-article-1.2439634

Also, the children's grandmother lived in the same building and said she had no idea the children were being left alone and she would have been happy to watch them :(

I thought I'd seen it all!

That poor baby!

I cannot even begin to process this.

I can't believe she left them alone! Just the other day, my daughter and son-in-law had an appointment. My granddaughter was at pre-school and I went over to watch my grandson on the monitor, sleeping. He never stirred. But still, he was not left alone!

That poor baby, and really, those poor innocent children who really didn't know any better!

I'm not at all clear the children did this. Really, they turned the oven over? You have to listen to the audio to get a much fuller story than is in the print article. The CPS worker certainly appears to not believe the story.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/nati...es-after-siblings-put-her-oven-turn/76164434/

All the print articles say the mom left to take the BF to work, but the video there says something completely different. It says SHE was at work, and when HE came home, he found the oven knocked over.

This story is horrendous. I don't think the 3 year olds did it. 3 year olds don't knock ovens over.

J'zyra Thompson burned to death 'after playing with the oven' | Daily Mail Online

[...]
It's unclear whether she had been in the oven or on top of the stove.

Apparently, the mother left the three children in the care of her boyfriend while she went to work, but at the point when the accident happened the four were alone.

Both the mother, who is pregnant and has not been identified by name, and her boyfriend were taken to the police station early Tuesday morning for questioning. The mother's three surviving children were placed in protective custody.

[...]

Embedded video & MuchMore@Link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hree-siblings-ages-three-five-home-alone.html

:(

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPD investigating death of 1-year-old girl, says child was burned | abc13.com (November 17, 2015)
[..]
The grandmother who lives in the complex says she doesn't know why the couple didn't tell anyone the kids were home alone. She says she was home and would have gladly gone over to the other apartment and watched the children if her son and girlfriend wanted to go out.

Other neighbors say it's not the first time they've seen the kids without adult supervision.

"She leaves her kids by themselves all the time, when she goes to work," said Miranda O'Neill Johnson.
[..]
http://abc13.com/news/1-year-old-girl-left-home-alone-dies-from-burn-injuries/1087867/

:eek:verreaction:
:tears:

#RIPJZyra
:heart:

Houston toddler burned to death in oven while playing unsupervised with siblings | syracuse.com

This is a must-read. I'm unable to copy the text. There's mention of a Page at the end of the article.
This is the image from the linked article:

b670e254ec10796077937431d3fd42cb.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/ind...ned_alive_playing_in_oven_jzyra_thompson.html

My heart literally hurts. :cry:

Other neighbors say it's not the first time they've seen the kids without adult supervision.

"She leaves her kids by themselves all the time, when she goes to work," said Miranda O'Neill Johnson.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/toddler...fter-kids-left-home-alone-police-say/1092682/

When are we going to start charging people who BLATANTLY disregard life threatening situations?
If you see a toddler alone on the edge of a lake, you intervene.
If you see a toddler alone at the edge of a highway, you intervene.
If you see a toddler alone in a hot car, you intervene.
If you see multiple toddlers being left HOME ALONE, you INTERVENE.

I am SO tired of these people after the fact.
"Oh yeah that baby was always outside alone, dirty and bruised."
"Oh yeah, that baby was always crying and getting beat."
"Oh yeah, those babies were always being left home alone."

People need to DO SOMETHING.
If it doesn't work then it's not your fault.
If you never even TRY?

It is those neighbors fault that this baby girl is dead.
They could have prevented this by calling when she left them home alone.
I hope they are haunted by that fact.
I can't think of a more horrific way to die. :twocents:

When are we going to start charging people who BLATANTLY disregard life threatening situations?

If you never even TRY?

It's entirely possible they called CPS and CPS did nothing. I've heard too many cases where there were recorded complaints but CPS was either apathetic or too overworked to address it.

If you never even TRY?

While I agree that it's society's job to protect children, and I'm the first one to ask a small child where his mother is, I don't think this precious baby died at the hands of siblings because she was unsupervised. I think the boyfriend killed her. I think many children are much, much safer left abandoned than they are when left with the mother's boyfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back