TX TX - Kay-Alana Turner, 27, Tomball, 10 March 2023

Cora

Reaction score
PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The family of beloved local musician Kay-Alana Turner is pleading for the safe return of their daughter, who has been missing since Friday, March 10th. She was last seen in Harris County wearing a bright pink maxi dress. Kay-Alana was experiencing a manic episode at the time she went missing, relaying to loved ones that she hadn't slept in two days since her medication was recently changed. Kidnapping has not been ruled out as the explanation for her sudden disappearance.

MAR 24

Turner’s vehicle was found abandoned shortly after the chase, which was a mile away from scene.

Deputies said the vehicle became stuck in a field and some of her personal items were recovered in and around it.

A Beaumont woman who's been missing since March 10 has been place back on Harris County's official missing person list.

Turner's family previously said they were told she couldn't be considered a missing person any longer because of the warrants. However, a Facebook page created to provide updates on the case said a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy worked "hours" to re-activate her missing person case.

MAGNOLIA, Texas — A missing 27-year-old Beaumont woman, whose family has not seen or heard from her in more than two weeks, may have been spotted in Magnolia, Texas.

The last confirmed sighting of Margaret Kay-Alana Turner was on March 10, 2023. She may be "possibly suffering from a mental health crisis," according to a Montgomery County Sheriff's Office release.

Turner may have been seen on March 22, 2023 around 9 p.m. in the Clear Creek Forest Neighborhood in Magnolia, according to the release.

A resident showed officials a video from his game camera that he believes shows Turner walking across a field at approximately 9 p.m. in the Clear Creek Forest area off Penguin Drive and Meadow Street. The family's publicist shared the video with 12News.

"We've watched the video 100 times, and we are pretty sure this is her," Rosa Calhoun, Turner's mother, said.

MAGNOLIA, Texas — Family and friends searching for a 27-year-old Beaumont woman missing for more than two weeks were dealt a setback when they learned a recent sighting was not her.

It was confirmed Sunday night that a woman seen in a video in the Magnolia area on March 22, 2023, was not Turner according to a Facebook page dedicated to the search.

A Beaumont woman who's been missing since March 10 has been place back on Harris County's official missing person list.

Turner's family previously said they were told she couldn't be considered a missing person any longer because of the warrants. However, a Facebook page created to provide updates on the case said a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy worked "hours" to re-activate her missing person case.
Isn't it also LE's job to find her if she has warrants? The whole taking her off and putting her back on dance seems unnecessary. Just find her!

Turner’s parents say she’s suffering from a mental health crisis.

Documents show that while Turner was asleep inside her vehicle, two deputies knocked on her car window trying to wake her up.

“As we approached to make contact,” the documents read. “The defendant placed the vehicle in drive and began driving off the driveway. The defendant drove through the front lawn and struck the fence.”

The records go on to say one of the deputies was nearly hit and, at one point, had to break the window to try to get her, but she got out and ran away.

Turner’s vehicle was found abandoned shortly after the chase, which was less than a mile away from scene.

This is so sad. Hope she is found soon. How is she eating, bathing etc? This is similar to another Beaumont woman who drove to New Orleans and was missing for 2-3 months I think. She frequented the homeless camps.

Montgomery County is pretty big, but Stagecoach is small. It's also close to Tomball where they originally thought she may be, so this article makes sense. I hope this is true and that means there is hope of finding her and getting her help.

This case sounds a lot like Michelle Reynolds out of Alvin TX. She was a middle school teacher who told her family she was running to the store. She never came back. It took them several months to find her. She had a mental breakdown and was tracked to New Orleans, LA. Her family hired a PI I think who finally found her. They had good responses from homeless people who had seen her around the homeless shelters.

Not sure what homeless shelters are available in her area, but hoping the family is looking diligently for her and she is found safe soon.

No real updates, but some interesting new details:
The Calhouns say Kay-Alana did not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse, but they do say she likely wasn't in her normal mental state.

"In 2020, during the height of the COVID pandemic, she was living in New York City and spent time having to commute in and out of Times Square for her job," Robby explained.

He says because of that, Kay-Alana suffered from PTSD, and she'd been prescribed Zoloft and Ritalin, her doctor upped her dosage just two weeks before her disappearance. Rosa and Robby believe Kay-Alana, who stands 5'4", weighing 127 pounds, had a bad reaction to the mixture and dosage of those medications.

"I found out later that these medications really shouldn't be mixed," Robby said.

Equusearch helped the family look for Kay-Alana the Saturday after she went missing. But when the Harris County Sheriff's Department issued felony warrants because of Kay-Alana's run in with their deputy, Equusearch could no longer help.

That is very interesting. Based on previous comments from family, I had assumed that she was bipolar and in the middle of a manic episode. But this article suggests it was a bad combination of drugs. If that’s the case, it’s hard to think she’s still out there, hiding, disoriented or in a homeless encampment as some have theorized - those drugs would be long out of her system by now.

That is very interesting. Based on previous comments from family, I had assumed that she was bipolar and in the middle of a manic episode. But this article suggests it was a bad combination of drugs. If that’s the case, it’s hard to think she’s still out there, hiding, disoriented or in a homeless encampment as some have theorized - those drugs would be long out of her system by now.
I agree. It's unfortunate that the info about the drug combination wasn't released earlier, it helps to explain K-A's actions on the day she went missing.

I further agree that it's unlikely she's still out there, though of course not impossible, I understand that psychotic episodes from ADHD drugs can last long past when the drugs clear the system. However, I'd say it's more likely that something happened to her relatively quickly after her disappearance. It's a failure on LE's part that the felony charges, which stemmed from her psychosis, kept Equusearch and LE from looking for her, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back