GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

He was trying to get them to shoot him. Didn't work.

garciajailstunt_.jpg
http://www.cbs19.tv/news/kayla-gomez-orozco-murder-suspect-arraignment-set-for-tuesday/410131839

It's probably not so much due to the crime he committed as it is the way the other inmates are treating him. Everyone has heard stories about child molesters and child killers and the rough time they have in a prison setting. This may also be an attempt to get put into isolation, for the same reason.

I'd be fine with it if LE obliged him though........no need for a trial......huge saving to the taxpayers.

His new boyfriends are going to start calling him "monkey man" if he isn't careful.

usually inmates are not cuffed while inside the confines of jail. in CA if an inmate is a two officer policy (meaning they have a potential to be violent and there must be two officers in his/her presence), they are cuffed when officers are in their housing area, but if they are having their dayroom/yard time (alone) they are not cuffed. it seems to me that there is a design flaw in the jail if it is possible for the inmate to climb from the basketball hoop onto the roof.

Let out without handcuffs. Really?!!! And to think of what he did to that poor innocent little girl. Do people like this ever think of the reality, of the consequences of their heinous acitons? I'm normally not into the death penalty, but in this case, I am. He's nothing but a piece of ****!

are the officers armed there?

usually child molesters are housed together anyways though.... sometimes they are not in prison, but usually they are. keeps the liability down for the state and the officers.

View attachment 110649
http://www.cbs19.tv/news/kayla-gomez-orozco-murder-suspect-arraignment-set-for-tuesday/410131839

It's probably not so much due to the crime he committed as it is the way the other inmates are treating him. Everyone has heard stories about child molesters and child killers and the rough time they have in a prison setting. This may also be an attempt to get put into isolation, for the same reason.

I'd be fine with it if LE obliged him though........no need for a trial......huge saving to the taxpayers.

His new boyfriends are going to start calling him "monkey man" if he isn't careful.

View attachment 110649

Wow! He refused to come down and threw a few punches. Sounds like someone isn't having a very good time in jail, oh well...

attachment.php

His new boyfriends are going to start calling him "monkey man" if he isn't careful

When I saw this pic the first thought that came to mind was "oh, look at ape man", LOL.

I just can't figure out why he was ever let out on bond to roam free in this country, back when he was detained by ICE due to his illegal immigration status and family violence? If he had been deported then, little Kayla would have been safe. :cry:

Wow! He refused to come down and threw a few punches. Sounds like someone isn't having a very good time in jail, oh well...
Should have left him up there. Or shot him with a tranquilizer gun like a zoo animal. Either way he would have been down eventually. .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Smith County District Attorney to seek death penalty in Kayla Gomez-Orozco case
When the Bullard man accused of abducting and killing 10-year-old Kayla Gomez-Orozco goes on trial in October, he will be facing the death penalty if found guilty.

Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham filed his intent to seek the death penalty in the case on Wednesday morning. Bingham cannot speak on the case due to a gag order, but a document filed in Smith County’s 241st District Court states the prosecution’s intention.

Just heard of this case and read the threads. 2 points I wanted to add to & quotes were shipped by me.
RSBM
If she had the skirt and tshirt on it would have been listed as evidence, like the panties and shoes, would it not? :(
I think they listed her as she was found. I would assume the morgue or ME would then catalog what was removed from her. Since her clothes weren't technically separate from her, like the panties or shoes were, she was one piece of evidence. (I hate writing it that way.)
I did a timeline based on the warrants and the cell phone tower pings.

7:35 Garcia leaves church

7:40 - 7:47 Garcia moving from Hwy 69 (church) to FM 2493 (home)

7:51 - 7:55 Kayla is discovered missing from the church

8:04 Garcia's wife gets a phone call about Kayla

8:12 - 8:18 Video camera at Easy Way Convenience Store with Garcia and his wife in a white Zavala Pools truck

8:43 Back at FM 2493 (home)

8:46 - 8:48 CR 156 (Zavala Pools shop)

8:46 - 10:11 CR 156 (Shop) (15 pings)

Looks like he may have had the red and tan truck at home already. Took the baby into the wife, went outside and put Kayla into the red and tan truck and assaulted her, put her in the well and was then at the store with his wife shortly thereafter in the white work truck. The drive from church took 12 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes so something may have taken place in this interval.

I don't understand exactly how the phones ping on towers. What is strange is that he spent well over an hour at the shop later that night. Cleaning up the truck perhaps. The pings don't show him going to get the trucks from the shop. That is confusing.
I wonder why LE think he placed in the well earlier as opposed to later. If he was at his shop until after ten, isn't it possible that he then put her in the well when he went home. I wonder if the wife was at the shop with him. The above doesn't mention.

Tomorrow is this POIs first pre-trial hearing! I am local, is there any need to go or will this just be technicalities hearing between judge and lawyers?

http://www.kltv.com/story/35201651/...seek-death-penalty-in-kayla-gomez-orozco-case

The first pre-trial hearing in the case is set for April 27, in the 241st District Court in Smith County. Jury selection is scheduled to begin in August for the Oct. 2 trial.

Catching up on my "older" Found Deceased threads - glad to hear this one is finally going to trial!

roadrunnermt said:
Tomorrow is this POIs first pre-trial hearing! I am local, is there any need to go or will this just be technicalities hearing between judge and lawyers?

So, did you go?? Any news for us?

:rose: JUSTICE for KAYLA!! :rose:

http://odysseypa.smith-county.com/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1573763
THE STATE OF TEXAS VS. GUSTAVO ZAVALA-GARCIA

05/31/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
Result: Hearing Held

07/06/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
07/20/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
08/03/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
08/16/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
08/17/2017 Jury Selection (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
08/22/2017 Individual Voir Dire (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)
09/28/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Skeen, Jack, Jr.)

Thanks for the update and link. There is a LOT of evidence for this one. From the article you posted:

the state has provided the defense with almost 4,000 pages and more than 100 gigabytes of digital information as part of the discovery process.

remaining evidence to be provided is unfinished, she said, and includes forensic tests that are underway.

The hearing is one of six scheduled through September in the capital murder case. The next one is set for July 6.

Jury selection is scheduled for Aug. 17. Individual voir dire is scheduled to begin Aug. 22

indictment, Prosecution contends that he:
-attacked Kayla and sexually assaulted (or attempted) after kidnapping

- struck Kayla with/against a blunt object, asphyxiated her and drowned her.
Exact cause of death still unknown

Catching up on my "older" Found Deceased threads - glad to hear this one is finally going to trial!

So, did you go?? Any news for us?

:rose: JUSTICE for KAYLA!! :rose:
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. No the first hearing got changed and I guess was held today (which I sadly missed). I had forgotten about it. I am local though and do hope to attend any future hearings and trial.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk

:bump: up for Kayla :rose:

Any news on when the trial might start, I know it was delayed....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back