Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by TXBorn, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I had that thought too.

2. missgulfsouth

missgulfsouth Active Member

That case is scary.

3. Kauaigirl

Kauaigirl Member

Curious here too

4. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

I get that. And I have no issues with them addressing the community with these protocol explanations. However, IMO this was not a presser about the victim, finding justice for the victim, asking the community for information to help the victim's case. This was a presser about all about LE. What they did, how they did everything right. What the family did that caused them to do certain things. (How many times did they mention this? 3 times?) They are far too casual about the victim, IMO. It was a weird presser.

All JMO, of course.

5. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

I agree. It seemed like they were just defending themselves.

6. csteele

csteele New Member

I dont know about this. It seems like the security and workers on that side would make it too big of a risk to try to walk across unnoticed. There must be precautions, or else there would be liability issues if someone wandered over and was hit by one of the trucks or something. It seems like it would be much easier and safer to find a dumpster in another area to throw off LE. jmo

7. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

According to Terrant County Inmate Search page and vinelink, this particular individual has been released from custody ("Reason: General release). It does seem to me quite a few RSOs have been booked and released from Terrant County Jail since Kaytlyn was first reported missing:

For reference:
    Terrant Co. Detention Bureau Daily Booked In Reports for the Last 14 Days:
    http://access.tarrantcounty.com/en/sheriff/detention-bureau/daily-booked-in-reports.html

Inmate Search Form:
    https://ijis.tarrantcounty.com/inmatesearch/

8. BubbleHopper

BubbleHopper New Member

Looking at the satellite imagery - it appears there may be cameras when you enter the area. The 2017 image shows that they are filling southern area. There are some roads that will take you there without passing the cameras, but there's a fence to deal with. I don't see anyone getting a body over that fence easily. There is likely razor wire as well. I'm sure whoever put her in the trash did so after dark. Not sure if they would have transported her in a vehicle since she wasn't wrapped in anything. Meaning she was likely put in at her complex or one very close by. So if dumpsters are emptied Mon - she would have been there til Thurs which just doesn't work with this timeline. This makes me sick.

9. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

That particular one is open to the general public from 7am to 4:30pm M-S, and closed on Sunday. http://site.republicservices.com/site/north-central-texas/en/pages/home.aspx

Street view of the entrance

republic.jpg

With what look to be security cams on that first building. https://www.google.ca/maps/@32.8075...4!1sxlkpT9T2IEhyI3TYzStjpw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

10. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

((Waves)) Hi neighbor :) I have an 11 year (and a 31 year old) the last few moths of school here in Irving (off 183 area we have had some alerts thru the School for Attempted kidnappings 3 I believe (I left work so she wouldn't walk the 11 yo)
    Anyhow things are scary around here!

11. sloane7777

12. sloane7777

They were.

13. kchoney

kchoney New Member

Is this a camera right here, attached to the gate?
    camera.jpg

14. sloane7777

it just looks like the gatepost is higher on the gates than the fence blown up

15. Ladylub

Ladylub Well-Known Member

They almost have to. The public seems to be out on a witch hunt. I had a friend who posted to contact the Bedford PD and complain about the lack of Amber Alert in this case. I wonder how many others are doing the same thing. Majority are not understanding why things happened the way they happened.

16. sloane7777

the statements all have seemed so cold even in the beginning , their bedside manner could be improved then maybe they wouldn't have to explain ....and for gosh sake quit sounding defensive ....that cant be helping the Family or the public , MY kid will be totally inside for a bit

17. I don't think Chief Gibson sounded defensive. He was explaining the reasons why the department acted the way it did. To me, there's a difference between being defensive and explaining why one acts the way they do. And if he was being defensive, I don't blame him at all. From the comments I've seen on FB, people are more angry toward the police than they are toward whoever or whatever is responsible for this poor girl's death. Heck, I've even seen comments that the police did nothing because she wasn't from an affluent community. People want blood but they need to want it from the person that did this, not from the police department.

18. KelsK

KelsK New Member

You said what I've been thinking. I agree 100%.

19. csteele

csteele New Member

To me it looks like a latch. Like when the gate would shut they could lock that down onto a bar or something to help it stay shut. It seems like a bad place for a camera, if that's what it is, since the gate must move quite often. It would be hard to find an angle that would work for an open and shut gate.

20. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

It's very troubling that LE waited almost 24 hours to alert the general public that she was missing.

Considering she's a minor who can't drive herself away and she wasn't with her friend, I feel LE should've released something Monday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.