Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautifully, I might add.

Most beautiful I have ever read. She had her whole life ahead of her. She would have done great things. Who would dispose of her as if she was nothing? This is very sad.

I thought it was pretty quick that the body was released to the family. I don't know how that works though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It seemed pretty quick to me too. My son passed away at home last August and we didn't get his body back for a week. Of course we don't have our own medical examiner so they sent him somewhere else to be examined. Also, they couldn't find a cause of death. Stating that all of his organs looked great but there were tests they couldn't perform due to decomp. I really hope they are able to give a cause of death to her family. It will eat them alive if they can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seemed pretty quick to me too. My son passed away at home last August and we didn't get his body back for a week. Of course we don't have our own medical examiner so they sent him somewhere else to be examined. Also, they couldn't find a cause of death. Stating that all of his organs looked great but there were tests they couldn't perform due to decomp. I really hope they are able to give a cause of death to her family. It will eat them alive if they can't.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. [emoji853]

To the person who asked in the other thread if someone who lived in Grapevine would attend school with Kaytlynn. Not based on district lines, no. I moved from Arlington to Grapevine halfway through my senior year of high school, however, but I had my own car and commuted to school and never informed the school that I had moved.

To the person in the other thread who said that they'd never seen a school district listed as a participant in an investigation, yes. This is what I meant. You don't normally see people who are being questioned about a case listed as parties helping to solve a mystery. That would be like if a convenience store clerk was killed and the report said that the local PD, the FBI and 7-11 are heading up the investigation.

Have we established a timeline? It sounds to me like the last person to see her was her mom, at 6:20, when she left to go walk her dog. Her mom says that she went looking for her about 30 minutes later. That was at 6:50. One of the articles said that her mom found the dog tied to the fence. Another article (perhaps the same one) says that a friend of KC's told the mom that KC had asked some other kids to watch the dog and she would be right back. To me, that reads as if the mom found the dog with nobody around it and one of KC's friends later told her what they'd heard about how the dog came to be tied to the fence. (This is MOO based on the articles I've read.) I saw in another article that there was a specific person they thought KC was with, the police were sent to that person's apartment (and it sounded like it was in a different complex) and no one was there. Idk if that means no one was home or if it was an empty apartment. So, 6:50 the mom goes looking for her, finds the dog, perhaps talks to friends (because there was communication between the mother and her friends, it isn't clear if that was before the police were called.) The police were called at 8. I'm a parent of a 15 year old and that seems fast to me. Not that I fault them. You have to do what feels right. But my son has gone out to walk the dogs and not returned for 30 or 45 minutes. But we live by a wooded area with a creek and he goes off on adventures sometimes.

Amber Alerts differ by state, here's the criteria for Texas. I suppose it is the fact that they didn't know if she left unwillingly that kept them from issuing the alert?

"If the child is 17 years old or younger and law enforcement determined their disappearance was unwilling and that their whereabouts unknown.
If the child is 13 years old or younger and was taken without permission from a parent or guardian by someone unrelated and three years older or another parent or guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction.
Beyond age, three more criteria are listed:

The child is in immediate danger or at risk of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury.
An investigation verified a child’s abduction and eliminate other explanations for the child’s disappearance.
Sufficient information is available to release to the public to help find the child, the suspect or the vehicle used in the abduction. Most Amber Alerts include the suspect’s name and the suspect’s vehicle."

The obituary is so very brief. Do you suppose that is because the family is staying very private (understandable) or because they have been advised by police/lawyers not to provide any additional information of any sort publicly--either for their own safety or for the good of the investigation?

--Jamie

I thought it was quite inclusive of so many of her traits people admired in Kaytlynn.
Perhaps you didn't click where it says, "more" to see the heart of it. I saw 5 paragraphs here:

http://www.lucasfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Kaytlynn-Cargill/#!/Obituary

Hi all! Loooong time lurker, first time poster. I hope I don't do anything wrong 😣 This case and a couple other cold cases are what prompted me to sign up. I hope justice is served quickly for this sweet girl and her family!

Look up the statistics on kids who are missing and then return shortly after. If you Google, I bet you will find tons of discussions on what the Amber Alert criteria should be... but the general idea is for drivers to BOLO a known vehicle with an identified license plate, that the police have evidence of abduction. If there were an amber alert for every missing kid, it would be info overload and people wouldn't pay attention. Kind of like the terror alert level colors.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

There was a missing announcement for Kaytlynn that was going around FB (I have lots of friends in HEB/Arlington) and I remember that I came immediately to check and see if she had a thread here. She didn't, and I didn't start one because the original info that I read made me think "meh, she just took off - she'll be back before a day or two." How wrong I was. :(

Hi all! Loooong time lurker, first time poster. I hope I don't do anything wrong �� This case and a couple other cold cases are what prompted me to sign up. I hope justice is served quickly for this sweet girl and her family!

:welcome:

Well, exactly. Vast majority of kids who go missing for a few hours are out with friends and such. If you are going to issue Amber alerts in every such case then Amber alerts would become meaningless because nobody will pay attention to them. It doesn't seem that they had anything going in KC's case for Amber alert to have any meaning. Nobody saw her abducted.
I have been actively researching and responding to the missing children feed here on WS. At first I was overwhelmed. Then the further back I went, 90 days and older, there were so many that were found. Keep in my mind that they were gone longer than a few days....but many resolved in 90 days. Unfortunately, we don't have crystal ball to determine the ones that need help staying safe. Weep for lost....[emoji25]

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hi all! Loooong time lurker, first time poster. I hope I don't do anything wrong [emoji21] This case and a couple other cold cases are what prompted me to sign up. I hope justice is served quickly for this sweet girl and her family!

Welcome, NJGirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members