Found Deceased TX - Kelli Cox, 20, Denton, 15 July 1997

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Juliana, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Bigmike17

Bigmike17 Active Member

Yes, Lozano was on the department at that time. He was a ladies man and had no problems picking up ladies, his marriage didn't even slow him down. He was "the" guy that could walk into any bar or nightclub and walk out with any woman he wanted, but I'm not sure he fit the profile for this. Some have theorized that an officer could be involved and that could be the case, but even when this occurred the days of "protecting" fellow officers was gone. Lozano's case was an example of this, Denton PD suspected he was involved from the start but just couldn't prove it to the satisfaction of the DA.

2. Glammie

Glammie New Member

I live in Dallas and this case has haunted me since she disappeared. I completely agree that it had to be an officer for several reasons. First and foremost she was a senior in collage studying about this very thing, having grown up in Texas and being a mother myself, I don't beleive she would have gotten in a car no matter how hot it was and if I am recalling correctly, that was a very hot summer. Second, if the police officer who was charged later with killing his wife WAS on duty and was known for being a lady's man I think the LE should go back and look at him several more times. Honestly, I don't remember any type of media reports suggesting they looked at him, but it was a long time ago. I had dreams of this case for over a year, I am NOT a psychic nor clairvoyant however I had a dream of being chased through a wooded area and being shot in the side and recall seeing her tattoo on my hand before I knew she had one. I am not some loony or I would have called the police and told them of my dreams. It was always the same dream. I hope that eventually they catch a break so that her family (her daughter) especially can finally have some closure.

3. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Active Member

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/03/03/...ovide-answers-in-a-19-year-old-disappearance/

4. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

5. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

If William Reece is responsible then that would mean it was a random abduction. I wonder what they suspect happened that day and what evidence they have that makes him a person of interest. I'm happy to see movement on this case.

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

another news article: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...veal-fate-of-unt-student-missing-since-97.ece

Last month, William Reece [currently serving 60 years for kidnapping a woman] suggested to authorities that Kelli’s remains, along with those of a missing teen from Galveston, are buried in a horse pasture on Houston’s southeast side.

Excavations are under way. Police won’t say what they’re looking for, but the Houston Chronicle reported March 4 that Reece was “spotted pacing the pasture, seeming to direct where backhoes and bulldozers should plow.”

The Chronicle said Reece was moved in shackles last month from his state prison cell to a holding facility in Galveston County for interviews with investigators.

Online records of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, which normally identify the prison unit where an inmate is housed, list no location for Reece, saying he is on “temporary release.”

7. Noexcuse

Noexcuse Member

Just read this article and came here to post it! Glad it's already posted. Hope they can get closure for Kelli and Jessica.

8. JusticeWillBeServed

From the link, explaining why she couldn't make the call from the police station:

A Convicted Kidnapper and Rapist Could Hold the Key to a Farmers Branch Family's Anguish

Bones found by authorities searching Houston field for remains of missing UNT student

9. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

10. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

11. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

He was a suspect in Jessica's case since very early in that investigation as well. I am very surprised that they couldn't find the evidence to charge him before. So very glad he is behind bars and talking.

12. JusticeWillBeServed

13. JusticeWillBeServed

http://www.khou.com/news/local/search-continues-for-woman-missing-since-1997/110807496

14. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

15. TCMom

TCMom Member

Finally! I am so relieved her family can get some resolution. I can't believe he took her all the way to Houston. Poor girl.

16. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

WFAA-TV
    3 mins ·
    "The Denton Police Department cannot say definitively that the remains recovered are Kelli Cox; however, we are hopeful that they are," police said in a statement. Cox went missing in 1997, and her family has been looking for answers ever since.

17. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. fhc

fhc New Member

I Love Texas Equusearch!!! They accept donations, too :loveyou:

19. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

20. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!