TX - Kidnapped girl escapes from abandoned apartment complex, Lubbock

katydid23

Reaction score
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -
A teenage girl flagged down Lubbock police on Friday afternoon, saying she had been kidnapped after school and kept in an abandoned apartment complex.

The juvenile flagged down the officer just after 1 p.m. near 34th and Juniper Ave. She told police she had been taken by a man after school on Thursday near 39th and Ave. D but was somehow able to break free and escape.

The Lubbock Police Department and SWAT searched the abandoned Coronado Village Apartments door to door on Friday, but found no other victims.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/34256954/kidnapped-girl-escapes-from-abandoned-apartment-complex

"I saw a girl and two other women that had stopped, I'm assuming to help her, running out into 34th Street to flag down a police officer...I saw just a young girl that had a chain around her neck with a master lock on it," Jordan Thomas said. "More and more police officers showed up, ambulance. I saw the bolt cutters that they used to take it off, which was just kind of surreal to see that in real life."

The juvenile described the man who abducted her as a black male, 40 to 50 years old with acne and a large build. He was last seen wearing a white bandana with a baseball cap, possibly driving a red passenger car.

Wow, how terrifying!

Side note, an entire apartment complex is abandoned??

There are a couple of odd things in the story which make me wonder a bit. One, the girl was apparently never reported as missing. I don't get that.

and also, she said she thought there were more victims being held---LE found no one. I wonder if they found evidence of her being held?

I am a slight bit hesitant...

Wow, how terrifying!

Side note, an entire apartment complex is abandoned??

I'm not familiar with Lubbock, but many years ago in southwest Little Rock there was a small area that had several (4-5) single strip apartment buildings. Locally it was referred to as Sin City because of the drugs and crime that were rampant there. The city finally shut the buildings down, but they stood empty and boarded up for years and years before they were finally torn down. The homeless and criminals continued to use the buildings until they were torn down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She had a padlocked chain around her neck that had to be cut off. I suppose the perps might have run off once they saw she had escaped?

Cant see any updates since it happened 2 days ago...odd...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back