GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

I'm not sure if this girl has been suggested yet.

http://www.clintonpublicsafety.org/samanthasmith.html

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3084776&id=188314561224

I had way too many links open, so I'm not sure where I saw it.. But something to the effect that LE/Investigaters were wanting to find/question her 47 yr old b/f .. I know she was supposibly missing after the date that this jane doe was found. But from some of the Links i'm wondering if he isnt lying about the date Samantha "left". Sounds like he has a couple variations of the stories.

Some links say she has brown hair (dyes Red) some say she has Blonde.
I think the height & weight are not too far off. There's also pictures with her with braces and her teeth look awfully white! (its hard for me to tell if they're similiar shape to jane doe's though.

-------------------------
OT-Kinda. I mainly just lurk, but i'm still a little shocked this poor girl is still unidentified. I remember when it first happened. I thought for sure they'd have her Identified shortly after. :snooty: :banghead:

I recently saw Leah Peebles' story on "America's Most Wanted" and immediately thought of this reconstruction! Esp w/ the timeline and the many changes of hair color and beautiful teeth! So glad to see you guys beat me to it - suggesting her as a possible, I mean. I have not frequented Porchlight... can you tell me HOW the people are ruled out on their list? Do they say?

Thank you - sloane

BIG NEWS!! There is a new show on Discovery ID in which Princess Lavender is going to be given some air-time!! Forgive me if you guys already know this, but I didn't see a post about it, at least not in this thread.
It's called, "Disappeared," and it's already airing weekly. They have 13 episodes and devote an entire hour to each case! Don't ask me HOW the cases were picked, but they're from all over the country. One of the episodes is about Brandi Wells, missing from Gregg Co., TX, a name that has been submitted as a possible for this case several times. YES, she has been ruled out, and they acknowledge that in this TV show, but thankfully, they still leave the reconstruction in the show. YAY! :woohoo:
AND... there is a second recon shown, a 2-D version (a drawing). Interesting... so glad she is getting national exposure.
Her episode is going to be the 8th episode shown, but they already had a "sneak peek" into the series last December, and this was the episode they chose to air. So actually her show will be on twice!
Look for it, or check the Discovery website for when it will air; should be this month, I think.

Hi there CarlK90245,
Yes, I agree. I know they didn't have a big budget to do this series with, but I think they did a fine job. I've watched all of them so far, and I see that they're showing a variety of circumstances. Like in Michelle's (not Biggs, above) case, she was found alive after 6 years and was "missing" by choice; in Lee's case there were about 3 options for his whereabouts, including him going abroad to join another nation's army! In another case, the young woman is still missing, still another, the woman was found deceased, sadly.
Glad you're posting, sir...

~ sloane

I just submitted Heather Stanley as a possible match to Princess Lavendar. I hope to find out soon if she has been ruled out or not. I will post the results when I find out.

Name: Heather Stanley
AKA: -
Case Number: M1001003
Race:White Sex: Female
DOB:4/11/1988 Age Missing: 17
Height: 5 ft. 04 in. Weight: 115 lb.
Hair Color: Blonde Eye Color: Blue
Area Last Seen: The Colony (Denton County)
Miscellaneous Notes: Heather was last seen wearing blue jeans and may have traveled to Tyler, Texas or Naples, Florida

If you want to see a picture of Heather, you will have to go to the TXDPS website and do a search for her there. TXDPS has changed their website and doesn't seem to allow you to copy their images or link directly to an individuals information. Here is the link to their site http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm

According to TXDPS, Heather STANLEY has been ruled out as being a match to Princess Lavendar.

I just submitted Heather Stanley as a possible match to Princess Lavendar. I hope to find out soon if she has been ruled out or not. I will post the results when I find out.

Name: Heather Stanley
AKA: -
Case Number: M1001003
Race:White Sex: Female
DOB:4/11/1988 Age Missing: 17
Height: 5 ft. 04 in. Weight: 115 lb.
Hair Color: Blonde Eye Color: Blue
Area Last Seen: The Colony (Denton County)
Miscellaneous Notes: Heather was last seen wearing blue jeans and may have traveled to Tyler, Texas or Naples, Florida

If you want to see a picture of Heather, you will have to go to the TXDPS website and do a search for her there. TXDPS has changed their website and doesn't seem to allow you to copy their images or link directly to an individuals information. Here is the link to their site http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm

Other than the Texas DPS site, I can find nothing on Heather Nicole Stanley

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/m...d='M1/11/20107:32:11AM'&Person=Missing Person

She is not in DoeNet, Charley, NamUs, or NAMPN.

When I google "Heather Nicole Stanley", I see that a 14-year old girl from Belleview FL by the same name was missing and found safe.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2010/05/missing-girl-heather-nicole-stanley.html

Although she looks similar to the HNS on the Texas DPS site, I don't think it's the same person.

I wonder if she is still missing. If so, she should be listed on the various MP sites.

Carl, I could not find any other info the 17 year old Heather Stanley other than what is listed on the TXDPS. I did look around and had noticed the other Heather Nicole Stanley (14 year old) and I did not think that the two were the same person. I would have thought that TXDPS would have taken down the 17 year old Heather if she was no longer missing. I have no idea how long it takes them to get their site updated, though. For now, we do know she has been ruled out as being this unidentified female from Kilgore, Texas. It would probably be a good idea to look into if further to see if Heather is still missing.

I called TXDPS to ask whether Heather Nicole Stanley is still missing. They verified that her case was still active.

I sent an e-mail to Meaghan of CharleyProject and Helene at DoeNet and asked that they include her on their sites.

ETA: Helene replied that her case is too new for DoeNet. A MP has to have been missing since 1999 to be included in DoeNet.

I called TXDPS to ask whether Heather Nicole Stanley is still missing. They verified that her case was still active.

I sent an e-mail to Meaghan of CharleyProject and Helene at DoeNet and asked that they include her on their sites.

ETA: Helene replied that her case is too new for DoeNet. A MP has to have been missing since 1999 to be included in DoeNet.

Whoa, 1999? So one has to be missing over 10 years before they can be included? I didn't know that, guess that's cuz I tend to look at the colder cases, but that's good to know. thanks.

Yes, Doenetwork.org is for older cases. North American Missing Persons Network (nampn.org) is for the more recent cases.

Whoa, 1999? So one has to be missing over 10 years before they can be included? I didn't know that, guess that's cuz I tend to look at the colder cases, but that's good to know. thanks.

gcjd2.jpg

gcjd.jpg

Date Found:
29th October 2006

gcjd3.jpg

gcjd4.jpg

Clothing:
"One Tuff Babe" brand name jeans (size 7/8), a mauve colored shirt, possibly a sweatshirt​

I am just wondering if Elizabeth Prescott was ever compared.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/prescott_elizabeth.html

I see there is a list on the previous page that indicates that she was a possible match but the rule out links posted throughout this thread do not seem to work anymore. Also, I did a search for Sarah Frey but the only missing persons file I could find on her was at NAMPN. I searched the Nebraska State Patrol and her name does not come up. I am hoping she is no longer missing.

I see two things on Elizabeth Prescott that look different from Lavender Jane Doe:

EIP's jaws are broader, and the bridge of her nose is broader.

Sarah Frey also has a broader jawline, and the overall outline shape of her face is different.

Thank you Carl. I am trying to learn as much about reconstruction as possible so I appreciate your comments. I am just wondering...when a skeleton is found and a reconstruction is done are there features that might be more accurate like the bridge of nose and jaw line. If yes, are there others. I know the nose itself is soft tissue and is often left to the artist but what about fullness of the face. I noticed Princess Lavender's ears are not visible in the reconstruction. Is ear size difficult to estimate.

Thank you Carl. I am trying to learn as much about reconstruction as possible so I appreciate your comments. I am just wondering...when a skeleton is found and a reconstruction is done are there features that might be more accurate like the bridge of nose and jaw line. If yes, are there others. I know the nose itself is soft tissue and is often left to the artist but what about fullness of the face. I noticed Princess Lavender's ears are not visible in the reconstruction. Is ear size difficult to estimate.

When I am comparing a MP to a skeletal reconstruction, I usually focus on a few things.

(1) Teeth (if possible)

(2) The width and sharpness of the jawline, and how high or low the jaw angles (the technical term is "gonial angle"). However, the appearance may be affected by the height of the camera and whether the person's teeth are clenched.

(3) cheekbones - their height, and whether or not they extend laterally outside the vertical plane of the eye sockets, and whether or not they extend laterally outside the vertical plane of the temple. Lavender JD's cheekbones extend outside the plane of the eye-sockets, but are within the plane of the temples.

(4) the distance between the outer corners of the eyes to their temples (Lavender JD has an unusually wide eye-to-temple spacing)

(5) the spacing of the eyes with respect to each other.

(6) The prominence and pointiness of the chin.

(7) The area between the eyebrows (called the "glabella") and the bridge of the nose.

(8) the placement of the nose with respect to the eyes, teeth, and chin (However, the proportional spacing with respect to the chin may be affected by whether the teeth are clenched).

All of these things should be fairly accurate. Of less interest in a skeletal reconstruction is the shape of the nose, ears, eyebrows, etc. This may seem obvious, but I have seen people on this forum say that the nose dosn't look like the MP's nose when they are looking at a skeletal reconstruction.

A good forensic artist can tell certain things about the nose from looking at the skull, but overall, I usually don't rely on the nose similarities or differences to either confirm or rule-out.

Also, since the nose and ears are among the last parts of the body to decompose, these features may still be intact to provide guidance to the artist, even if the rest of the face is not.

BTW, IMO, Lavender JD's nose (at the tip) doesn't look natural, and I would probably not give it much weight when comparing to MP's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back