GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

Can we start a separate thread for Terrie yet? Or will that have to wait for the MP report?

It's probably best that we wait until a MP report is filed.

Here are the photos of Tbarger's sister. I have her name, and her DOB indicating that she would have been 21 at the time of Lavender Doe's death. But I have nothing else regarding her Date Last Known Alive (LKA), her Location LKA, her vital stats, or the circumstances of her disappearance.

9ad77e40-acb0-499c-ab30-34453271ce84.jpg
2c53d9dd-c2ba-40f4-aecb-eb1a1047fbd7.jpg

I will hold off on mentioning this missing woman's name, but I can see that she is not on a public missing persons listing, AFAIK.

She does look pretty close though in terms of facial characteristics.

That looks pretty creepy.

Any update?

We can be pretty certain that Tbarger86's sister is not Lavender Doe. She had quite a bit of medical hardware in her legs and hips, and obvious disfigurements that would have certainly been noted, regardless of the condition of the body when it was found.

I did create a NamUs casefile for her though, and Tbarger86 will follow up with Carrie Southerland (NamUs reginal administrator) to ensure that she is in the system to be compared to other UID's.

It hasn't been very long since the last post, but I wanted to bump it anyway. This poor woman suffered a terrible death. RIP to her.

Here's what the article says:

[h=3]Gregg County Authorities Name "Person of Interest" in Grim Cold Case[/h][FONT=&quot]Gregg county authorities are announcing a lead in a cold case. A "person of interest" is announced in relation to a burned body found on the side of the road a year and a half ago. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] On October 29, 2006 the body of an unidentified woman was found in Kilgore, off of Fritz Swanson Road". Today, Gregg county authorities released a picture of Joseph Wayne Burnette, 30 of Longview.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Authorities say Burnette was the last person with the woman before she died.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From jail, Burnette has apparently admitted that he gave a woman a ride in his blue greenish dodge pick-up truck. The woman he gave a ride to fits the description of the dead woman. Authorities say Burnette gave the woman a ride just hours before the unidentified woman was killed. "If anybody has specifically seen Joseph Wayne Burnette with this victim in this dodge pick-up truck, at a local restaurant , motel, or park, we want them to contact us. Hopefully, we can get some leads and identify who this victim is," said Mike Claxton of the Gregg County Sheriff's Department. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The woman is believed to be between 17-22 years of age, 5'03"-5'05", and probably average weight. Investigators say the victim was wearing blue jeans, a mauve and purplish colored long-sleeved shirt or sweater. If you recognize this woman, please call the Gregg County Sheriff's office. [/FONT]

Oh hey that's from my post :)

I forget how I stumbled across that article to begin with. I think just tons of googling but it's weird that it isn't really brought up very much in the discussion of this case.

Ah, hello there!

I don't go on Reddit much but they do have quite a bit of UID info on Grateful Doe.

Doing some additional research today since we're coming up on the anniversary, and I noticed that the date listed on the Wikipedia page is October 6th as opposed to the commonly-reported date of October 29th. I've emailed Kirk Haddix of the Gregg County Sheriff's office to clarify, since a 23-day gap is pretty significant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_Doe

I really strongly suspect a member of this girl's family may be employed in the field of Dentistry, or they may be very wealthy. It would explain the perfect teeth.

I was living in Tyler TX at the time this happened and went to UT Tyler. I think there was a serial killer in the area at the time. Brandi wells also went missing around the same time. Oddly I never knew this was happening. No one ever told us at school. Which brings me to my other question. I wonder if investigators checked colleges in the area for students that stopped showing up for class

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back