GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

Just got a reply from Karla Mullenax from WJET tv in Erie PA.
She says:
Hello Colleen,

I sent your information to my assignment editor, who in turn sent it to the police. They tell me that they did check out the leads, but it doesn not appear that Vanessa Schultz has been found. But thanks for the tip.

Best,
Karla

dang it. start over? thought we had this one.

crap, this makes me crazy...........
crazy_dog.jpg

Hi richandfamous,
Does that mean Vanessa has not been found, like, she has not returned home or been located (alive)...? Or does that mean Vanessa has not been found by this "match?" Does that make sense? Are they saying they still don't know what happened to her bec. they haven't found her, or that she was not a match to the facial reconstruction? The reporter had vague wording...

Sloane, your guess is as good as mine.
they did check out the leads
what leads? It doesn't make sense to me either.
I haven't heard from any LE yet. I am stubbornly sticking with the idea that it is a match. It's just to close. But bear in mind that I am an amature.

Rich, perhaps we need to know for sure what the reporter meant by what she said. Maybe you can send one more email to her asking specifically if Vanessa was compared to our Kilgore Princess Does and that it was determined by authorities that there was not a match. Otherwise I see sloane's point that we can't be sure what the reporter meant because she was pretty vague.

It is most likely not a match. I am sorry; but, we can continue to try and find out who Princess Lavender is. It is a fairly fresh case, which automatically gives us an advantage.

Lion

Ok, one more time. But I would like to hear directly from any one of the LE agencies I contacted with something more specific. Like, we check dna or compared dentals.

I am again exasperated with agencies!
I will send another inquiry to all of the agencies tomorrow when I am less annoyed.

richandfamous-
I understand your frustrations...however, this may help soothe the emotions. Remember I said the info. on Vanessa and the morphed photo was also then sent to the lead whose case she (Princess Lav.) is, and to two other agencies? Well, I will find out for sure if she (your/ jodierenee's submission) was compared or not probably within the week. I am also working on getting them to give me a list of names of the ones already eliminated. I can tell you that they have compared over 40 possibilities since Oct. to the facial recon from tips, call-ins, e-mails, and their own investigation...so they ARE working the case!

Thank you for your persistence and assistance!

richandfamous-
I understand your frustrations...however, this may help soothe the emotions. Remember I said the info. on Vanessa and the morphed photo was also then sent to the lead whose case she (Princess Lav.) is, and to two other agencies? Well, I will find out for sure if she (your/ jodierenee's submission) was compared or not probably within the week. I am also working on getting them to give me a list of names of the ones already eliminated. I can tell you that they have compared over 40 possibilities since Oct. to the facial recon from tips, call-ins, e-mails, and their own investigation...so they ARE working the case!

Thank you for your persistence and assistance!

Thanks. I'll be more patient. :D
Would that be Ken Hartley, Gregg County Sheriffs Office? Or is there another "in charge" officer that I don't know about?

Thanks. I'll be more patient. :D
Would that be Ken Hartley, Gregg County Sheriffs Office? Or is there another "in charge" officer that I don't know about?
Happy weekend richandfamous!
Sorry for the delay...I cannot keep up with this as fast as you guys can!

But to answer your question, yes, Capt. Hartley is the current person from Gregg County to work with on P Lavender's case.

:p :p

Happy weekend richandfamous!
Sorry for the delay...I cannot keep up with this as fast as you guys can!

But to answer your question, yes, Capt. Hartley is the current person from Gregg County to work with on P Lavender's case.

:p :p

Thank you sloane. You are a true sweetheart:blowkiss:.

Let's hope and pray that if Vanessa is no longer with us that Princess Lavender is a match with her. Great research rich, jodierenee, and thank you MrsG for the detailed morph creations!

Lion

Hi
Hi MrsG728.That really was amazing picture.That is very close.I wanted to let you know I sent you a private message here.may I please ask if your student can do one of these morph?pictures on a possible match with my sister who is missing.

suzanne

Looks like there's might be some action on this case. This was posted over on the topix forum about an hour ago.

JWag wrote:
As a friend of hers, I recently heard something on the news where they believe it may be her, but they are waiting on dentals?[Sorry - my dad told me the info, and I haven't seen it personally - but he mentioned that they believe it is her because they saw some stuff like photo albums she took with her and stuff at the scene]

I never heard of the photo albums or stuff she took with her being found with the body???

Looks like there's might be some action on this case. This was posted over on the topix forum about an hour ago.

JWag wrote:
As a friend of hers, I recently heard something on the news where they believe it may be her, but they are waiting on dentals?[Sorry - my dad told me the info, and I haven't seen it personally - but he mentioned that they believe it is her because they saw some stuff like photo albums she took with her and stuff at the scene]

I never heard of the photo albums or stuff she took with her being found with the body???

Hi rich, can you post the link for this? Thanks so much, friend.

Lion

I don't know about you guys, but doesn't that topix thread seem "off" somehow? The posts from Vanessa's "mother" just seem not right. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, taking into account the incredible grief and helplessness she must be feeling. Maybe she's not very familiar w/ posting either (I know that feeling!) And it seems like there is trouble with not all the posts showing up. But I don't know... my radar is up on the strangeness of several of the posts. What do you guys think?

I agree sloane, and I just don't know what to make of it. Do you mean the woman claiming to be Mrs. Schultz, only? That is the only person posting that seems a little unusual to me. When she first started posting as if no one else was there, I talked to rich and said perhaps for some reason she was not seeing the new posts from others. Sometimes that happens. But, by now she should be able to see the posts.

Perhaps the person is not well, or it is some impostor playing a sick joke. If I post there I will act as if I am taking the benefit of the doubt and that the woman is not well. This is because if it is her and she is ill, I don't want to be cruel. She has a daughter out there that she can't find.

Lion

Hiya Sloane
Yep that's been the general feeling around here- that someone is an imposter. The lack of computer knowledge shouldn't really produce that *blah* of an answer from the mom of a missing girl. Honestly, if someone is computer challenged but still wants to convey their feelings, they can always ask questions or bug a friend to help them do it. My hinkometer was way up on her.

MG

Lion and MrsG.
Good morning to you both!

Okay, good. Some feel the same as I. I got that impression. In general, all around here, (at least the ones that post frequently) seem to usually agree. That's reassuring , at times.

I wish we could get some final news on this case!

I don't know about you guys, but doesn't that topix thread seem "off" somehow? The posts from Vanessa's "mother" just seem not right. I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, taking into account the incredible grief and helplessness she must be feeling. Maybe she's not very familiar w/ posting either (I know that feeling!) And it seems like there is trouble with not all the posts showing up. But I don't know... my radar is up on the strangeness of several of the posts. What do you guys think?

Hi sloane, yes, my hinky meter is all the way over on BS. But like Lion when I post over there, I give it the benefit of the doubt.
Then there's the tease from the supposed ex bro in law...BS
But there seems to be a ring of truth with this last poster about the dentals. Hadn't heard about the photo album or "stuff" though. What do you think about that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back