Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

This is exactly what came to mind for me, but I guess we wait and see. MOO

2. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Hopefully more information will be forthcoming from LE or MSM.

3. azure

azure Well-Known Member

I am not a mod but it's been done on many missing/located threads.

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Utah or Texas? You can link to the site.

5. kyrarose

kyrarose Well-Known Member

6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Mistree, Flicka1, Alcina and 5 others like this.
  7. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Well it sounds like y’all might have figured this one out. If she saw cops, ditched phone and ran that would explain the abrupt ending of communication with her dad. The two warrants would be the previous trouble in Utah her dad mentioned.

but maybe, Flicka1, Mitch1 and 6 others like this.
  8. iQuill

iQuill Well-Known Member

Oh no ... something definitely going on here that we don’t yet know ... and may not find out. The warrants provide some possibilities but we’ll have to wait for the facts. So grateful that her son was quickly found safe. Things could have been so much worse for the little guy. Moo

but maybe, Linskid, Flicka1 and 8 others like this.
  9. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just to fine tune that a bit ..

TOS allows for sleuthing a victim (i.e. missing person) and an officially named perp. Background information on a victim can be sleuthed and respectfully discussed as part of victimology, but not used to disparage a victim or be judgmental toward them.

10. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I don’t understand why if Laura had access to a phone (burner?) for texting - she did not immediately text dad to pick up her son. Surely, even if fleeing due to warrants; possible charges for abandonment outweigh her alleged charges.

Mistree, Flicka1, happyday and 4 others like this.
  11. ellabella

ellabella Active Member

Personal opinion here. She voluntarily went missing, for whatever reason. But the kid, phone, etc was to either save face for someone they loved (LR), or convince her to come home. Possibly both.

12. imstilla.grandma

Well now, that’s a different view. Interesting...

Flicka1, happyday and MimosaMornings like this.
  13. ellabella

ellabella Active Member

It's strange I'm not one to speculate outside what is the usual answer. I just think this one is a slight variation on it somehow. I just can't figure out how. But I just hope those little ones are safe and are being loved. ❤️

Flicka1, happyday, mlhenn and 3 others like this.
  14. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It still remains to be seen if what has been speculated was indeed what happened. If she fled because police were called to her car, then she probably knew that her son had already been found and was in good hands. That scenario alone could trigger a slide into any psychiatric and/or addiction issues that were present IMHO. After that it could have been one bad decision after another, until finally she did one right thing and reached out to her dad. It’s a sad situation all the way around. I think Tim Miller might know some if this, and was very distressed that this is the way it played out. Again, he would have given anything to have found his Laura alive in 1984.

Tarika, hotsytotsy, Teche and 13 others like this.
  15. imstilla.grandma

I woke up several times during the night thinking of this lovely man. I was so touched by the video. Pain from knowing his family tree is splintered forevermore. The broken branch of his Laura has almost broken him. I say almost. His spirit and his love for his daughter keeps him full of hope and tenacity. He is certainly not one to ever give up.

In a perfect world, a child buries their parent. Unfortunately, things happen where a parent does have to bury their child,” Miller said. “But having to bury the same person three different times because of reasons out of our control, it was pretty devastating.”

Texas EquuSearch volunteers, families of the missing and investigators attended Tuesday’s service to support Miller. Galveston County District Attorney Jack Roady even delivered Laura’s eulogy and led the attendees in a prayer.

“I think I heard a little voice say, ‘Dad, I’m sorry for the all pain you’ve been through,'” Miller said.
    Nearly 4 decades after her murder, founder of Texas EquuSearch says final goodbye to daughter

16. imstilla.grandma

Possibly she left not only physically but also mentally. Chasing a high allowing escape from her mind? Where can one hide from themselves?

misgrn, Mistree, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  17. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

BBM - if this is the case, she may have called the police herself.....

18. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

can we tell how old these are? are they outstanding warrants? I understand that Lacie has been in Texas a couple of years, so they are not recent.

misgrn, TexLil, Flicka1 and 3 others like this.
  19. Vedder

Vedder John 3:16

So shady - I hope we get more info. Could it be a ransom situation? Someone has her?

Flicka1 and happyday like this.
  20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/missing-mom-laura-read-sends-text-after-baby-found-abandoned/

Laura “Lacie” Read, 34, claimed she was safe when she texted her father, Randy, Monday morning from Utah using a phone number that he didn’t recognize, news station KPRC reported.

She then sent him a photo of herself and responded to a series of questions that only she would know the answers to, the outlet reported.

Authorities agreed to stop looking for the missing mom, but officers and her family still don’t know why the boy was left to fend for himself. No charges have been filed for child abandonment.

Alcina, Tarika, Orgona and 5 others like this.