TX TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 11, 2019.

1. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

Yes, I found it to be weird that the mother did not contact the sheriff's department. The call to her mother actually came 20 minutes before she made the 911 call. Had that been my mother she would have been calling the sheriff as she was on the way to Panola County. Her mom seems to be a good woman, so I can only surmise that she did not take think the call was serious. After the medium, who is now calling herself a victim's advocate, got in contact with the mother, the case has gone crazy. The medium also found a new little friend in this case, a female version of Dad with a Phone, who has a You Tube channel and these two are literally recording people on phone calls and putting names out there that they later had to apologize for. The mother is totally under the spell of this medium, and it has caused a huge rift between the mother and law enforcement. In Panola County, it shares a Texas Ranger with several counties and has been on the case since day one. They also went out there that very night that it happened and have been busy working on this case throughout. The Texas Department of Public Safety was also there. It has an office in the courthouse. These two women have literally called individual LE from the Texas Rangers, DPS, and sheriff's office by name and made accussations against them. Now anybody that gets arrested, or has been arrested or otherwise has an axe to grind, just needs to call these two women and start another corruption scandal. I fear it is going to rip this case apart. As to Lauren harming herself, I at first thought this was a possibility except that there was only a time lapse of 5 minutes from when her phone went dead and LE arrived on the scene. (It was about a 15 minute drive from the sheriff's office to where they found Lauren's vehicle). They searched that night and used DPS heat seeking helicopters to search. If she had self harmed or even if she had an accident, she would have been found that night.

Lauren was driving and the person that sideswipped her and ran her into the ditch was still on the scene. This would have pinned her in the vehicle making it easy to abduct her. If this is what happened, they would have had to act within 5 minutes, when her phone went dead and they arrived. I am thinking there might have been another vehicle there to whisk her away.

No the sheriff hasn't released many details, but how could he with this group interviewing people on You Tube and literally trying to be the investigators. Yes, they referred to themselves as "investigating this case."

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    mrt19, kai, MimosaMornings and 6 others like this.

2. NanZDrew

I believe I remember reading that the mom said she was awakened by a call in the night from PCSO (early morning).

3. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Bumping for Lauren

4. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

5. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

MOO
    Where is Lauren?
    Who remembers that the people she was with that day, one of them is now deceased?
    A possible witness that deceased before LE could question him?

Any body want some coo coo for coco puffs.
    Not me!!!

6. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

The family is surely desperate and therefore are probably buying every word of what she is saying.

7. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

8. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

We haven't forgotten you Lauren.
    Somebody has to know just what went down that day.
    Someone in her circle has info. My MOO some witnesses are drug induced and have a lack of memory or mind burn.
    Thinking of you Lauren.

9. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

So, interesting things from that Missing in East Texas article:
    1. Even if LE thinks Eqqusearch would be using the same techniques, why not let them try? Why not let community groups search?
    2. A witness died between now and then? How?
    3. If one of the witnesses is related to a detective, isn't that conflict of interest, or at least a potential conflict of interest?
    4. What were the results of the polygraphs?

10. NanZDrew

11. NanZDrew

1. The property owners where her vehicle was found do not want people other than law enforcement on their property.
    2. He had cancer.
    3. There is no credible evidence that the person that is said to be at the scene was there. This is rumor and he is not one of the three at the scene.
    4. Not released. Ongoing investigation. Texas Rangers and FBI are all involved.

12. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

13. mrt19

mrt19 Member

Does anyone know where the story of the 911 call pinging in Harrison comes from?

14. MimosaMornings

Basic questions

1) Where was Lauren currently living?
    2) Did Lauren live alone? Did her children live with her?
    3) Was Lauren employed?
    I’m guessing she was since she had a vehicle, obviously lived somewhere and has children to support.
    4) If so, where was Lauren employed? What were her scheduled days/hours?
    4) She stated she was unfamiliar with area she was in, what was she doing out there? Driving to escape someone chasing her yet she had not observed anyone?
    5) What were her actions previously that day? Drop kids off at school? Go to work? Visit friends?
    6) What was her usual day like? Places she frequented or liked to go?

15. NanZDrew

The only question that I can answer based on Webslueths terms is #4. She had been with 3 other people that day. A male was in the car with her. Two females followed in another car, and the car following did make contact with Lauren's vehicle. The Sheriff acknowledged this in an interview. As for a phone pinging in Harrison County, that is hearsay; however, the Panola County/Harrison County line is only about 5 miles from where her vehicle was found.

16. GiaOnTheLookout

GiaOnTheLookout Well-Known Member

Bumping for Lauren! Still mind boggled.

Luckyzmom, MT_Catt, mrt19 and 3 others like this.
  17. MimosaMornings

That’s interesting. Guessing one of the 3 persons lived in the area and they were going to that person’s place or had just left. Or were the two females the ones Lauren thought was chasing her?
    The other car made contact - but left? I don’t remember anything about another car at the scene.
    And one of these persons is now deceased?

18. mrt19

mrt19 Member

The other car got stuck in the mud, a tractor had to pull them out, the police arrived.

19. mrt19

mrt19 Member

Yes, one of the people died of cancer back in July or August.

MimosaMornings and Steph8angels like this.
  20. mrt19

mrt19 Member

What happened on 1794?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Steph8angels and MimosaMornings like this.