TX TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 11, 2019.

1. mrt19

mrt19 Member

FBI pulled out of Lauren's Case. I wonder why that happened. I think that Panola County Sheriffs and Texas Rangers might be the only ones who are still on the case.

2. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

Somebody knows what happened to Lauren.
    I think in MOO several people if not more know but remain silent.
    I would hope new eyes and seasoned cold case investigators could solve this. Maybe it's time to grease some wheels.

If you have any information that could help the investigation, please contact the Panola County Sheriff’s Office at 903-693-0333.

StarEyes, Steelslady, MFH and 7 others like this.
  3. Elsa Johanssen

Elsa Johanssen Well-Known Member

I completely agree - the police need to come forward with witness accounts of where she was around lunchtime if not before. I'd also like to know why she was in sweats and a hoodie on a Thursday afternoon? What took her to that location in the first place? I've seen that most cold cases stay cold because they give the public nothing to go on. The police have dropped the ball on this one and most of them do because of their lack of communication or for shady reasons. The person that was with her who went "fishing" - did he normally fish? The NBC report is non-sensical - did the friend try to get the car out and then go fishing? Who did he call during this time frame? I want to shout "Wake up people!

4. Elsa Johanssen

I've seen some documentation that Lauren's Mom is putting out letters to Congress and federal agencies about the ineptitude of this investigation... including that a bloody blanket was found and the sheriff in charge had not collected it because he was going on vacation. In addition, search dogs were used but were never given any item of Lauren's to use before the search (Are you serious?!). Lauren, on the 911 tape, said she was sinking in mud, but the recovered shoe had no mud on it. What can this poor family do next? Contact FOIA for the 911 call? Is there an investigative reporter who can help?

5. Elsa Johanssen

It could be political and have to do with weapons. Perhaps one gov party is responsible for shooting her and the other has to look the other way. The political fallout is too big. There are a lot of weapons around there.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  6. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

All of the information that I am referring to has been released in the media:

Lauren was in a vehicle with a male. Two females were following her in a vehicle. The female in the vehicle made contact with Lauren's car causing her to go in to a ditch. There were witnesses who saw Lauren's vehicle and the three people at the scene. Lauren had been hanging out with these people that day.

StarEyes, live40love, MFH and 3 others like this.
  7. NanZDrew

Are you serious or is this sarcasm?

Steph8angels likes this.
  8. NanZDrew

I'm not sure why the FBI pulled out or if they really did pull out. This is coming from "an advocate" that got involved with Lauren's mom. What comes from this advocate is not always reliable. The FBI agent was perhaps a friend of the advocate that was not supposed to be on the case. He was talking about the case to the advocate. This advocate has written some outlandish things that I personally know are not true. Some other people on here know this psychic advocate and also were dismayed to hear she was involved. Just because that one FBI agent was supposedly pulled from the case does not mean the FBI is not involved.

Wilma_W, Suglo, mrt19 and 2 others like this.
  9. NanZDrew

Many people believe that the car and shoe were staged and that Lauren was never at that location. Lauren was never seen at that location. The people who she had been with were at that location. Many believe one of the three people that she had been with drove her vehicle there and planted the shoe to throw off the location. So much about this makes no sense based on what we know.

StarEyes, Steph8angels and Steelslady like this.
  10. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

The sheriff didn't collect a bloody blanket because he was going on vacation?!?!

StarEyes, live40love and Steph8angels like this.
  11. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Care to explain, please, why you're thinking this way? I'm interested in hearing more. Thanks!

Luckyzmom and Steph8angels like this.
  12. mrt19

mrt19 Member

That's what I thought.

13. mrt19

mrt19 Member

What the advocate was saying is that everyone knows everyone there, so it's complicated.

14. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Where were her children that afternoon?
    Oldest one would have been in school.
    Younger ones perhaps at daycare or babysitter?

Lauren’s mother had missed calls during the night and didn’t know her daughter was missing until the next morning.

Wouldn’t the school and babysitter have been trying to frantically and repeatedly reach Lauren after she didn’t pick up her children? One of the posts described her as a devoted mother, so leaving the children with a babysitter to go fishing just seems odd.

Perhaps they called the secondary contact person. Who picked up her children? This person could provide a clue.

JMO

15. MimosaMornings

16. MimosaMornings

Texas mother Lauren Colvin Thompson still missing after sounding ‘disoriented and confused’ on 911 call

“The next morning, three hours away in Fort Worth, Texas, Lauren’s mother Torie Colvin awoke to missed calls from the sheriff’s office.

“Me and my husband called them back and they asked if we had heard from Lauren,” Torie told Dateline. “I said no. They said they’d gotten a 911 call the day before, and she was missing.”
    ————-

Asked if they had heard from Lauren and the answer was no?

No, not today? Or no, not since she called yesterday when she was panicked?

17. Elsa Johanssen

No, not at all. But I know that that area has some shady characters and have heard this locally. Thanks for the additional info about the females. These cases are usually involving people the victim knows. Which is why it's so confusing about the 911 call. I think she could have been poisoned/drugged bc she didnt sound like she was using all of her faculties based on what the 911 caller said. How to explain the gunshots in the background tho?

MimosaMornings likes this.
  18. Elsa Johanssen

That's what I read from her mother's statement - the witness had told her that it was turned in and that was the response. I'll try to find the letter.

19. Elsa Johanssen

Really good question and wondered this myself. Does anyone know who these people were to Lauren? were they work associates? I'm not even sure what she did for a living..

MimosaMornings and Steelslady like this.
  20. MimosaMornings

A male was in the car with Lauren.
    Two females were in the other car.
    The male lived close by.
    This person died May 2019.

I’m kind of scratching my head at Lauren hanging out with a guy twice her age.

Elsa Johanssen, MFH, Suglo and 2 others like this.