Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Good evening. If you wouldn't mind, would you become a Verified Insider in Lauren's case? Otherwise, your posts will be deleted without MSM links to articles or interviews. Once you are a VI, you can post without links. That would be great!

I sent the requested email this morning

Family Tipline

Lauren Thompson's family sets up tipline, doubles reward

The tipline can be reached either on the phone or through text at
(888) 411-4491.

“This was in response to indications that many in the small East Texas community knew what happened to Lauren Thompson but feared retaliation from those involved or for one reason or another were apprehensive about talking to local police in general,” a press release issued this week by family spokesman Joey Ortega said.

More @ link for full MSM local story

This is one that I really feel like she is out there. My thoughts are she hid somewhere in the woods and just hasn't been found. Are there rock formations anywhere? If I were running trying to hide from someone, I would try to find a hiding place that no one would consider I could slip into.........actually, I would probably just keep running....

I really don't know on this one. Sometimes I think the people with her know what happened.....others I think that maybe they were all on something and it's just a freak thing she was running away. She got lost and died from exposure. I think I remember reading there was heavy rain and a creek close by also. Very easy to get lost in the dark and slip into it and drown.

I wish she could be found :( Her children deserve to have/bury their mom :( Poor babies.

$10,000 reward offered in search for missing Texas woman

June 26 article
The family of a Texas woman who disappeared in January 2019 is now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the woman’s whereabouts and has established a toll-free tip line.

“The Panola County Sheriff’s Office sought the help of Texas Rangers as well as the FBI who offered technical support with the 911 recording and cell phone ping reports. They also obtained her cell phone records in an effort to retrace her steps and generate leads,” Ortega said.

“Despite all this and numerous tips, authorities eventually ran out of leads.”

Ortega says recently uncovered evidence suggests she may have been kidnapped.

$10,000 reward offered in search for missing Texas woman

June 26 article
The family of a Texas woman who disappeared in January 2019 is now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the woman’s whereabouts and has established a toll-free tip line.

“The Panola County Sheriff’s Office sought the help of Texas Rangers as well as the FBI who offered technical support with the 911 recording and cell phone ping reports. They also obtained her cell phone records in an effort to retrace her steps and generate leads,” Ortega said.

“Despite all this and numerous tips, authorities eventually ran out of leads.”

Ortega says recently uncovered evidence suggests she may have been kidnapped.

BBM - Interesting! I would like to hear more information on this although I'm sure he can't release it :/ She felt she was being chased....did someone actually catch up to her?

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

This was a Feb 2020 article.

The Investigation

Lake (LE) said the scant evidence they’ve been able to gather has not pointed to foul play, although that doesn’t mean a crime wasn’t committed.
They don’t know if Lauren stayed in those woods or found a road and left the area possibly getting a ride.
A big problem for the investigation: the area where Lauren went missing was heavily flooded at the time and some areas were completely unsearchable until months later.
LE have searched and searched again more than 2,000 acres of dense woods on foot and about 8,000 acres by air.
LE also completed a DNA profile with help from Lauren’s family.
The dept does not plan to release the evidence it has collected, such as the 911 call.

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

911 Call

The department does not plan to release the evidence it has collected, such as the 911 call.

“We’ve not released that to the public because it is evidence and we don’t know if we have a crime or not,” Lake said. “We’ve been asked numerous times to release the 911 call, and we’re not going to do that. Is it because there’s something to hide? No, it’s not because there’s something to hide. It’s because that’s one of the only pieces of evidence that we have.”

Lake said speculation that gunfire can be heard on the call or that Lauren got shot while calling 911 is wrong.

“That’s not the 911 call that I listened to,” Lake said. “I don’t believe that happened. Do I believe that she was in distress? Absolutely.”

Outside Theories

Joey Ortega, a private investigator, is working with the Colvin family and also is representing the family as their spokesperson.
He’s sifted through the information that’s come in and develop new leads, as well as clarifying conflicting information or statements.
Something that both Lake and Ortega expressed frustration over was a push from other outside parties not involved in the investigation to spread conspiracy theories or rumors about the case.
Baseless theories and speculation “pushed this chaos to places where it need not be,” Ortega said.
He stated he has come up with a few theories and there is a chance Lauren will be found alive. He also knows the chance that it will not turn out the way the family, LE, or himself would hope for.

LE response to how can they state there is no indication of foul play in her disappearance:

Lake said last year his office had no proof of foul play, and he said the evidence today still does not point in that direction.

“I think that was really a hot topic at one time — something like this happens, how can you say there’s no foul play involved?” Lake said. “We can speculate. But it’s not our job to speculate. We’re fact-finders, and so we have not collected any evidence to make us confirm that foul play is involved. Could there be foul play involved? Absolutely, and that’s why we’re so concerned about preserving if we find a crime scene.”

But Lake said he does not believe that Lauren would decide to disappear and start a new life, because he does not think she would have abandoned her children.

Review of this MSM may help with the above questions. Link below
Lauren's mother's interview. It's about the phone call and the witness who was with her.

Top 19: MISSING IN EAST TEXAS | What happened to Lauren Thompson?

It started for Colvin just 20 minutes before Thompson made a frantic 911 call on January 10.

"She called me and said mom, I need to speak with the kids and she was kind of frantic," Colvin explained." A few more things were said before her final words of the call, "and then she said, please tell the kids I love em' and please tell dad, I love him and I'm sorry."

The concerns Thompson's family has don't not stop there.

There was allegedly conflict between Thompson and three people she was with on the property, leading investigators to believe she was run off the road.

Sheriff Lake confirmed there was paint transfer between the vehicles.

He says Thompson and a man were in her car when it went into the ditch. The man told her to stay with the car as he was going to walk to his property to get his car and chains to pull it out. Sheriff Lake says when deputies pulled up to his house, they found him doing just that.

Investigators questioned the man and the two others who were with Thompson that day. They even issued polygraph exams. Since that time, one of the men has died.

Community members have claimed others were with the group that day, one of whom is related to a detective on the case. Colvin says she heard the same thing from Thompson's friends.

For review please read
10% cc due to WS/TOS

Kidnapped?

Thinking aloud here on possible theories!

She was in the vehicle with another person (male). They ran into the ditch & got stuck. Apparently LE found paint transfer from her vehicle & another.
The male left LT in the vehicle while he returned to his house to get a truck & chain to pull out the stuck vehicle. While gone, LT got spooked and cut off running in woods, stating on the 20+ min 911 call that someone was after her.
So, theories?
1. She was sitting in the vehicle alone waiting on her friend when someone actually came up to her/the car and it scared her. Thinking the best thing to do was run, she took off into the flooded, soaked, woods calling 911 while trying to get away from whomever.
•I don’t think it was her friend that left because LE found him at the residence getting stuff together to pull vehicle out of ditch.
•Possibly someone she didn’t know; they just happened to come upon a young woman alone.
•Possibly someone she did know that she had problems with or history with.

2. She actually thought she saw someone coming up to her while waiting in the vehicle, possibly hallucinating. She got frightened and took off running into the woods.
•But she had to be thinking clear enough to think “hey, I need to call 911 because someone is chasing me!”
3. LT found this to be the perfect opportunity to escape any problems she was having, for at least a little while, so she called 911 pretending someone was after her.
•I don’t believe this theory at all!
With any of these theories the following may have resulted:
-she got lost in the woods, and she died from exposure
-she got hurt or worse running in the woods
-if someone was chasing her, they caught up with her and took her
-she made it out of the woods to a road or a house and got a ride out of there. Meaning did something terrible happen to her from there?

Merely thinking aloud; none of them may be correct or even close to it!

@mlhenn
Great possible theories.
I was hoping @theyellowtape you would of become verified for Lauren on her thread.
Are you still working with Lauren's family?
I am sure due to the covid since March....this has set you back some.

#bringLaurenhome
#findLauren

I was looking to see if @theyellowtape posted anything new.
I’m hoping the evidence and theories LE have are enough to confirm something and find LT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back