TX TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 11, 2019.

1. missingm

missingm Well-Known Member

And my theory would clearly paint him in a bad light. In the same report the PI indicated that there were notable things on the 911 call, possibly landmarks.

In order for her friend to be believed, it would almost have to be his voice in the background in the call to her mother. I would also question why she didn't go back with him to the house. Do we have solid answers for either?

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

In reference to the gunshots:
    Lake said speculation that gunfire can be heard on the call or that Lauren got shot while calling 911 is wrong.

“That’s not the 911 call that I listened to,” Lake said. “I don’t believe that happened. Do I believe that she was in distress? Absolutely.”

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

Important to Note IMO:
    Something that both Lake and Ortega expressed frustration over was a push from other outside parties not involved in the investigation to spread conspiracy theories or rumors about the case.

“The unfortunate part about that is we get really far-fetched tips that result from that,” Lake said. “But we have to check into them. So we’re exhausting a lot of time and resources looking into things that we know are very far-fetched. But we can’t not check it out. So really we’re spending a lot of time chasing rabbits whenever we could be working on something legitimate.”

LadyL, inmyhumbleopinion and misgrn like this.
  4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

JMO
    The people that were with Lauren that day or the days leading up to that time have crucial information. Very far fetched things could be an attempt to divert from themselves or other people.

There is no basic information about Lauren, so I don’t know if she was with her best friend, a current boyfriend, ex boyfriend or if this was her usual circle she hung with.

She wasn’t familiar with the area, yet it seems the people around her that day perhaps had the home advantage?

Where was Lauren living when she disappeared?

Where was Lauren working? Co-workers could have heard phone conversations.

Had Lauren had issues with drugs recently? Was her disappearance related to drug activity in that area?
    MOO

5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on the above

6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

@MimosaMornings
    My post I quoted may help us answer the questions in your post I quoted. (Does that even make sense??:confused::D:D)

Thinking the names admin shared on the Find Lauren fb page may help us establish their connection (relationship wise) with each other.

7. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

It makes sense!
    Since I’m not on FB I can’t read the comments, but I can find out!
    Thank you!

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  8. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

A fellow “non-Facebooker”!!:cool:
    I’m not either, but I’m still able to view it, idk.

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Merely my opinion...
    I feel like the family (particularly the mom) so desperately wanted answers at the beginning that many theories and stories presented was accepted. It’s understandable!!
    I think there were many theories that have now been debunked by LE and the PI, that family (mother) is slowly starting to realize that. Again merely my opinion. That’s not to say some of the things shared by others have no truth in them, but I honestly feel LE is truly working hard & professionally at finding Lauren.
    MOO IMO JMO!

10. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

The male was someone that Lauren thought was a friend. I think he really had evil intentions for her. The two females were mother and daughter who were longtime friends of the male, and maybe distant relatives. Sheriff Lake mentioned that the female's vehicle made contact with Lauren's vehicle. I think she was blocked in by the female's vehicle and the purpose was to keep Lauren from leaving. I have never understood how Lauren got away to be running through the woods. Possibly she was able to get away from the male since he was very frail and in the last stages of fighting cancer. My belief is that there was another vehicle and those chased her, caught her, put her in the car and left, while the others stayed behind to give whatever narrative they so desired.

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

misgrn, Suglo and MimosaMornings like this.
  12. moody_chicago

moody_chicago Well-Known Member

I’m on board with this theory. To expand on it...
    They all could have planned to do something “shady” whether it be hunting illegally, getting high or had already done something sketchy that could get them in trouble, Lauren got spooked and wanted to bail. The male friend riding with Lauren called the people in the other car to warn them, and they blocked her in when she pulled over. Already a somewhat paranoid person, Lauren is afraid they’re going to turn on her and she takes off. It’s possible these friends actually *were* after her. Just not committed enough to the cause to chase after her and stop her from ratting them out ....or if she was going off the rails and not making much sense they could have just let her go, assuming no one would take her seriously since she has a tendency to call 911.
    Lauren could have been a liability.

Lauren could have been paranoid for a reason. A woman being written off as crazy when there’s an actual reason for their paranoia etc is a tale as old as time.

JMO

NanZDrew likes this.
  13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Bring Lauren Thompson Home

The Bring Lauren Thompson Home fb page posted a request to LE to provide an update on her case or at least to acknowledge whether they are actively investigating her disappearance or not.

14. Dylansmom08

Dylansmom08 Well-Known Member

Texas mother Lauren Colvin Thompson still missing after sounding ‘disoriented and confused’ on 911 call

I first heard about Lauren last night from a youtube channel but in doing a little research I came across this article and the first thing that comes to my mind when reading the circumstances of her disappearance is could she have had a panic attack? Maybe she was afraid to be left by herself on the side of the road or she was afraid she would be in some kind of trouble for getting the car stuck? I don't know but I have panic attacks and they can get really bad and spiral out of control quickly if you don't have some coping skills or someone with you to get you grounded back to reality. I also have to wonder about the friend she was with, did he actually see her take off into the woods or did he walk away and come back to find her gone?

misgrn and MimosaMornings like this.
  15. Wilma_W

Wilma_W Well-Known Member

I thought about that too, but looking at the available evidence suggests that she was panicking for a good reason. :(

misgrn and NanZDrew like this.
  16. NanZDrew

The narrative of what happened came from the man she was with and the two females, so much has to be taken with a grain of salt. The story they told was that they were going fishing. Lauren freaked out and ran off, according to them. When she tried to drive off, the daughter and mother team chased her in her vehicle and ran her off the road which is how she got stuck. The younger female actually stuck Lauren's vehicle and left her paint on Lauren's vehicle. This information was released by the sheriff. It is understandable why Lauren would be terrified. Possibly she overpowered the frail male who was dying of cancer and has since died. This may be when she ran for the woods which were all around. I think there was at least one more car that grabbed her and took her elsewhere, and the male and 2 females stayed behind to construct a story to explain what happened. They knew she was on 911 and identifying her.

Some of the YouTube videos must be taken with a grain of salt. A person tried to get involved as a victim's advocate and was involved in some of the YouTube videos. She had some far fetched ideas and did much harm to the case.

MajorHoople, misgrn, Wilma_W and 2 others like this.
  17. NanZDrew

No, the person who said that did not identify himself as saying that. LE may have an idea who said it, but the info has not been released.

MajorHoople likes this.
  18. NanZDrew

The male's mother owned property within walking distance of where her vehicle was found. She no longer lived there.

MajorHoople, Dre and mlhenn like this.
  19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

denise_109, MajorHoople and misgrn like this.
  20. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member