TX TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

mlhenn

Reaction score
Family of missing Panola County woman pleads for daughter’s return | KETK.com | FOX51.com

It’s been 2 years since Lauren went missing.

The family of a Panola County woman, who went missing two years ago this Sunday, plead for their daughter’s return.

Lauren Thompson, a mother of three young children,suddenly disappeared on January 10th, 2019. Thompson’s parents spoke to KETK with their first-ever TV interview, going public with a message of hope, yet heartbreak. Two years later, both still desperate for a break in their daughter’s case.

Gregory and Torie Colvin, Thompson’s parents, recounted the bleak voicemail from the Panola County Sheriff, Kevin Lake. A message that turned their life upside down.
“ They said ma’am the reason we’re calling is that she was on a 911 call… and the call ended abruptly and we have her missing.”

Let’s rewind to the day prior, moments before she vanished. Lauren Thompson and her mother shared a phone call. “The day she contacted my wife, immediately prior to the 911 call, she was excited and lucid and able to reason,” said Gregory.

Then, just seven minutes later according to Thompson’s dad, everything changed. Lauren dialed 911 for help somewhere in a densely wooded area called Rock Hill in Panola County.

“She believed that someone might be chasing her. She was unable to tell us if she actually saw anybody chasing her or if she could hear anybody chasing her or who it may be.”

After about 22 minutes, the call ended abruptly when her phone battery died. She was never heard from again. “From the tape, we were able to come to the conclusion that something was certainly wrong,” said Gregory.

While a lot has changed since Lauren Thompson’s mysterious disappearance, one thing remains: hope for her return.

mlhenn

Reaction score
Family of missing Panola County woman pleads for daughter’s return | KETK.com | FOX51.com

While in the process of fighting some obstacles, Thompson’s parents shared Thompson was seeking help the day of her disappearance.

“She was going through some issues and it’s not a secret and she was trying to seek help to get her life back in order, she was still working at the time but she knew she needed some assistance, some help to get through some issues she was battling,” said Gregory.

mlhenn

Reaction score
Panola County woman, Lauren Thompson, missing since 2019 | cbs19.tv

Two years — that is how long it has been since Lauren Thompson went missing in the Rockhill area of Panola County.

The PCSO says the investigation is ongoing with the involvement of the Texas Rangers, the FBI and the Texas Attorney General’s Office.

"Hundreds of tips have been investigated by these various agencies without any positive resolve to this case," the PCSO said in a statement. "Search efforts have continued as new tips or new information leads investigators back to the area. Forensic electronic data has been received, but has not led investigators to any new evidence. During the summer months, other search organizations were utilized covering portions of the previously searched areas, but produced no new information or discoveries."

As part of their ongoing efforts to help find missing mother-of-three, Thompson's family has set up an anonymous tipline and doubled a previously-offered reward to $10,000 for information leading to her whereabouts.

Tbone144

Reaction score
This case is about to get a bunch of attention on social media, hopefully it will help Lauren be found.

I am in no way saying what’s going on is accurate which is why I won’t be posting any links but her information will be getting fresh eyes.

Last edited:

Factoria

Reaction score
This case is about to get a bunch of attention on social media, hopefully it will help Lauren be found.

I am in no way saying what’s going on is accurate which is why I won’t be posting any links but her information will be getting fresh eyes.
Yep... Better get a mod ready to babysit this thread for a while! I've read all about it already, and I'm in Canada!

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Lauren Colvin Thompson sounded “disoriented and confused” when she called 911 on January 10, 2019, at 2:24 p.m. The 32-year-old was in a wooded area of Panola County, Texas and told the 911 dispatcher that someone was chasing her. The call ended abruptly, but officers were able to quickly pinpoint her approximate location and track down her vehicle. It was stuck in the mud on the side of a road in the Rock Hill community outside Panola County. A friend told Dateline they had been with Lauren in the area fishing when Lauren ran off suddenly down the road. Authorities said her bank accounts and phone records have remained untouched. Lauren’s three children are living with family. She is described as being approximately 5’5” tall and weighing 135 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing dark-colored pants/leggings and a dark-colored hoodie. If you have any information regarding Lauren’s disappearance, please contact the Panola County Sheriff’s Office at (903) 693-0333.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

mlhenn

Reaction score
Bring Lauren Thompson Home

March 3
Please share and continue to pray for Lauren and her family. Someone out there knows something! If you have any information, even the littlest detail, reach out. Read over the details in the first photo (included on post); it’s believed Lauren knew her follower!
$10,000 reward for information that leads to bringing Lauren home!!

ekardh

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Brandon Lawson case. Sounds to me like she was tripping when she ran off into the woods. Probably got lost and died of exposure.

Dre

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Brandon Lawson case. Sounds to me like she was tripping when she ran off into the woods. Probably got lost and died of exposure.
While I would normally agree with this (occam’s razor of course!) some of the things her mother has stated in regards to her “I’m sorry” phone call has lead me to believe foul play is involved. I’m not sure there will ever be answers either :(

mlhenn

Reaction score

Aug 8
There is strength in numbers. We know some of you may be scared to come forward with information you may know about Lauren’s disappearance. You need to come forward. Reach out to this Facebook page, to the media, law enforcement, somebody! We can’t let the sharks be the bully!

Log In or Sign Up to View Truckers Missing Child Project posted Lauren’s info on their Facebook page.

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

lauren_colvin_thompson.png

Lauren Colvin Thompson sounded “disoriented and confused” when she called 911 on January 10, 2019, at 2:24 p.m. The 32-year-old was in a wooded area of Panola County, Texas and told the 911 dispatcher that someone was chasing her. The call ended abruptly, but officers were able to quickly pinpoint her approximate location and track down her vehicle. It was stuck in the mud on the side of a road in the Rock Hill community outside Panola County. A friend told Dateline they had been with Lauren in the area fishing when Lauren ran off suddenly down the road. Authorities said her bank accounts and phone records have remained untouched. Lauren’s three children are living with family. She is described as being approximately 5’5” tall and weighing 135 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing dark-colored pants/leggings and a dark-colored hoodie. If you have any information regarding Lauren’s disappearance, please contact the Panola County Sheriff’s Office at (903) 693-0333.

MimosaMornings

Well- Known Member
Reaction score
Lauren’s call to her mother prior to the 911 call was a normal coherent conversation? I don’t remember that - I thought it was a rambling call insisting on speaking to her children (who lived with her parents?) and apologies (not sure about what..drugs? Work? Friends?) but not a casual type “Hi Mom, just out talking a walk, going for a ride with so and so, going to eat lunch, I’m off work today, etc” kind of call?