TX TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ilovematt

ilovematt Well-Known Member

I feel like she may have been in an emotional tizzy which it was reported she had experienced prior. Her terror was very real to her so either someone was chasing her and they got her or I think she ran and ran bc she was delusional. These stories creep me out. Like the chick that rang the doorbell in San Antonio wearing chains begging for help and then she vanished. Spooky.

GDUD, Kittybunny, crhedBngr and 7 others like this.
  2. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

Hopefully, law enforcement pulls cell tower records to identify any phones in her vicinity at the same time. That might answer the first question. I say might because if she was experiencing a delusion she might have been actively evading law enforcement (despite having called them) during any initial search. But she would have to go somewhere and be with someone now and that person or persons would have to know there is a search for her. The alternative, if she isn't with anyone, or was actually being pursued, is pretty bleak.

We haven't been given any information about her current living situation or what was going on with her during the hours or even day before to give us any kind of direction. We don't know if she was living on her own or with someone, where her kids were, if she was working, if she had another boyfriend, if she stopped taking medication or had recently switched medications (if she was on any), if there was an issue with child custody involving any of the fathers, if she has shady people she was hanging out with or new friends. Nothing.

We also haven't been told what was found in her car. So we don't know if she had taken some of her possessions, bags of clothes, for example, or perhaps some keepsakes that indicate she was "escaping" to somewhere. We don't know if her phone was found or her purse. How much money she may have had on her. Nothing.

3. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

I think someone picked her up. Hopefully it was a good somebody.

4. John David Wiles

John David Wiles Active Member

Well I'd tell you what I think. But I found out they don't want thoughts here. Just links to facts. So I'll keep my thoughts in my skull.

yrmfp likes this.
  5. NanZDrew

After searching and searching, they took out search warrants last week for cell phone records, social media, etc. Hopefully that will yield some information.

6. tigerteeth

tigerteeth Active Member

Hadn’t heard of that San Antonio one. Luckily she was identified and found safe. She was a victim of sexual assault (I believe by her boyfriend, and her boyfriend was found dead.
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/28/us/texas-mystery-woman-trnd/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

bluenoser, Mauge, Razz and 2 others like this.
  7. Mamamerced

Mamamerced Well-Known Member

We can speculate here but need to state it is opinion only. MOO, my opinion only
    IMO, in my opinion
    Etc.

8. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

9. John David Wiles

I just had a conversation with someone close to the investigation. And what I heard was not even close to what's been said in the media. I can't divulge any more than just to say this may turn out to be quite different than heretofore speculated. I know that sounds ridiculously ambivalent but I can't betray sources. In my opinion she's probably dead.

10. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Omg. :(

bluenoser, Forpsy, MT_Catt and 4 others like this.
  11. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Hopefully, we'll have more info. soon.

Praying she is alive and well.

Barlow, Forpsy, MT_Catt and 8 others like this.
  12. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Do you know Lauren, or are you simply a local?

13. John David Wiles

I'm local and very simple.

14. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

I am glad you stuck around.Websleuths rules can very frustrating at times I have had my fair share of trouble.

bluenoser, Forpsy, Stunned and 5 others like this.
  15. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I understand if you simply can’t tell, but could you give a general theory of what may have happened to cause death? I know we have to have links and all, but I’m asking simply for your opinion only. Again, I understand if you choose to not say anything more. Thanks!

bluenoser, jellybean96, Razz and 4 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

17. jexpar

jexpar New Member

I am an emergency dispatcher so I know how the 911 system and pinging phones works. Every 911 call that comes in has an active location map showing where the phone is pinging at that time, as long as the call is active, and gives an "uncertainty" radius that the phone is within. There are a lot of variables as to how accurate this is including the phone company, how good the technology of the phone is, and how many cell towers are in the area. I have seen uncertainties as low as 5 meters and as high as 30,000 meters, which is obviously pretty much useless. Once the phone died, they would have had to call the phone company to get a location, but they would have been given the same location as their equipment showed when her phone died, as they were the ones talking to her at the time. So dispatchers had a general idea of where she was from her 911 call and officers likely located her vehicle pretty quickly. Because the phone died during the 911 call, an active or updated ping could not be obtained from the phone company as the phone has to be powered on. The phone company can only give a last ping at that point, which is the last location the phone pinged when it was powered on.

18. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

19. NanZDrew

Thank you for explaining this. This is very helpful to know. I have never heard whether or not they recovered her phone.

20. NanZDrew

This is a public picture shared by Lauren's mother on her Facebook page in which she gave permission to share to photo. It is a picture of Lauren and her grandfather. I feel the more photos, the better because it gives an overall better composite of what the person looked like, and it also makes them seem more real to us. Tomorrow marks two weeks that Lauren has been missing. As time goes by, it is easy to lose faith and interest because people start thinking the situation is hopeless. Then you look at the case of Jayme Closs, and realize that miracles do happen. It is so important that the name and face be before the public.

Praying that Lauren comes home safely, too.

Attached Files: