Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Top 19: MISSING IN EAST TEXAS | What happened to Lauren Thompson? | cbs19.tv

Concerns from family:
1. 911 call
•Although LE allowed the family to listen to the 911 call, they will not release it
2. Searches
•LE has not allowed the public or family to search
•LE changed reasons why
3.Texas EquuSearch team
•LE won’t allow the team to assist
•reason: they have the same resources
4. alleged conflict
•LE says 3 men were with group that got into conflict but others say there were more than that and one is related to an officer.

Bumping for LET. ❤️

Anyone have any ideas or updates? Any theories to add to my post a few posts up?

I thought I posted here?

I'll stick with the mother. Mom knows best. Mom said people involved are related to LE. It was confirmed by the interview. He said it didn't affect the investigation and turned over to Texas Rangers.

Sometimes the answer is the easiest explanation.

I thought I posted here?

I'll stick with the mother. Mom knows best. Mom said people involved are related to LE. It was confirmed by the interview. He said it didn't affect the investigation and turned over to Texas Rangers.

Sometimes the answer is the easiest explanation.

If you don’t mind, would you explain a little more what you mean by “sticking with the mother”?

If you don’t mind, would you explain a little more what you mean by “sticking with the mother”?
Hopefully, I can answer you with this:

I think when it comes to missing persons/anything for that matter -the hardest thing to do is to actually put yourself in the person's shoes. People say they do, but I don't think it's that easy. When it comes to Lauren, her mother knows her best. Just from that 1 news piece a lot of information I gather. I look at the details, the smallest speck. I see her mothers broken heart and concern. I see LE speaking as if he's ordering from a menu, using words to downplay things is something real LE doesn't do.

Lauren's mom wants to say more than she is saying. I will bet off camera she says a lot more. I wish she would come on and speak everything she thinks and feels.

Lauren told her mother to tell her family, her children, she loved them and she was sorry. Can you imagine being Lauren at that moment in time what would make her say such things? For me, it's because she got caught up in something bad and is sorry for being so stupid and now it will cost her everything/her life and it will hurt those who love her, that's why she is sorry.

I think this case is one I messaged with yellowtape. I will have to double check before speaking further.

Back to her mother, her mother said the people are related to law enforcement. Although, this Detective says the case went to Texas Rangers, it's still LE it's still the Blue Shield. The Blue Shield protects their own even when wrong, sad but true. I'm dealing with my own mess and see how hard that shield really is!

I'd love to hear everything from her mother and then form a plan to find out what really happened to Lauren and where she is.

I hope I answered you?

True Crime Society - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson – Lost in Texas

January 10, 2019 2:04pm
•Lauren makes a frantic call to her mom
•asks her mom to tell her kids and her father she loves them and she’s sorry

2:24pm- 2:46pm
•Panola Co SO received a 911 call from Lauren saying she was in a wooded area and thought someone was chasing her
•call lasted 22 mins
•call has not been released to the public but her parents have listened to it

During the 22 minute 911 call officers were able to obtain her location and upon arrival to the scene they found Laurens car stuck in a ditch. They immediately began to search for her and found one of her shoes.

In the weeks and months following her disappearance, multiple law enforcement agencies helped search. However, members of the community were not allowed to participate in searches. This was because the land Laurens car was found on as well as the her 911 pings were on private property. Landowners requested only law enforcement search their land.

Every few months or so a little bit of new information gets released in this case. Investigators now believe Lauren was run off the road. This is confirmed by the sheriff, he states there is paint transfer on two vehicles, one being Laurens.

True Crime Society - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson – Lost in Texas

Many locals believe Lauren’s disappearance is being handled poorly and that the Panola County Sheriff’s Department is hiding evidence.
•There are no suspects but there are several persons of interest/witnesses. (These details vary depending on which news article you read)
•Three people were supposedly with Lauren the day she disappeared.
•One of the three is a man, who was in Laurens car when she drove off the road.
•Another witness/POI is related to Law enforcement.
•At least one person has been questioned, and a polygraph has been done, however, results have not been made public.
•One of these witnesses is now dead.

Lastly,
Where is Lauren?
Officers arrived on scene within 5 minutes of her phone dying, they immediately began searching. What could have happened to her in 5 minutes? The Texas Rangers, FBI and other agencies are still actively investigating laurens case.

I did look in my inbox and yes, this is the case I messaged with theyellowtape. I will tell you all what I told him/her.

I believe Lauren was about to be executed - they gave her the opportunity to make the phone call to her mom. THEN I believe the gun jammed and she ran and was able to call 911.

As a Sleuther reminded me to stick with my gut. I'm never second guessing my gut again. Sometimes you have to believe the unbelievable, just the like the Priest and the little boy :(

ETA: I wish I could talk to Lauren's mom, I will try and locate her, send an email or something. I think Lauren's mom has been given information and misinformation just to spin her wheels and to me that's wrong. I'm outside person no interest except to find her daughter.
BBM. Do not try to contact the mother. This site STRICTLY forbids that type of thing.

Bring Lauren Thompson Home

The Summary of Certain Info Regarding Lauren’s case was released June 15 through Bring Lauren Thompson Home fb and family spokesman.
The multi page release can be read on Lauren’s find fb page under a June post.
Thank you for that. Since the beginning I assumed that she was in the car alone and ran into the woods from there. I get the impression that that may not be the case. I would be very curious if she even mentioned her car on the 911 call.

So the circle for the 21 minute run through the woods could be anywhere. The car may have been abandoned much earlier.

Did her friend positively identify himself as the person who said she "didn't need to be calling her kids right now" (quoting report, not an actual quote)?

So the circle for the 21 minute run through the woods could be anywhere. The car may have been abandoned much earlier

I assumed the car ran off (or was ran off) into the ditch and was abandoned not too long before she made the calls. The reason I say that, is in an article previously posted it stated that a guy who was with her/car said he’d go back to his property and get what was needed to help pull car out of the ditch and LE found him doing just that.

I assumed the car ran off (or was ran off) into the ditch and was abandoned not too long before she made the calls. The reason I say that, is in an article previously posted it stated that a guy who was with her/car said he’d go back to his property and get what was needed to help pull car out of the ditch and LE found him doing just that.
And my theory would clearly paint him in a bad light. In the same report the PI indicated that there were notable things on the 911 call, possibly landmarks.

In order for her friend to be believed, it would almost have to be his voice in the background in the call to her mother. I would also question why she didn't go back with him to the house. Do we have solid answers for either?

One thing I am curious about is that the story says that in the 911 call Lauren says someone is shooting at her but neither her mother (who has heard the call) nor the Sheriff mention whether or not gunshots were heard at all.

In reference to the gunshots:
Lake said speculation that gunfire can be heard on the call or that Lauren got shot while calling 911 is wrong.

“That’s not the 911 call that I listened to,” Lake said. “I don’t believe that happened. Do I believe that she was in distress? Absolutely.”

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

Still no answers in Lauren Thompson case, a year after she went missing from Panola County

Important to Note IMO:
Something that both Lake and Ortega expressed frustration over was a push from other outside parties not involved in the investigation to spread conspiracy theories or rumors about the case.

“The unfortunate part about that is we get really far-fetched tips that result from that,” Lake said. “But we have to check into them. So we’re exhausting a lot of time and resources looking into things that we know are very far-fetched. But we can’t not check it out. So really we’re spending a lot of time chasing rabbits whenever we could be working on something legitimate.”

Important to Note IMO:
Something that both Lake and Ortega expressed frustration over was a push from other outside parties not involved in the investigation to spread conspiracy theories or rumors about the case.

“The unfortunate part about that is we get really far-fetched tips that result from that,” Lake said. “But we have to check into them. So we’re exhausting a lot of time and resources looking into things that we know are very far-fetched. But we can’t not check it out. So really we’re spending a lot of time chasing rabbits whenever we could be working on something legitimate.”

JMO
The people that were with Lauren that day or the days leading up to that time have crucial information. Very far fetched things could be an attempt to divert from themselves or other people.

There is no basic information about Lauren, so I don’t know if she was with her best friend, a current boyfriend, ex boyfriend or if this was her usual circle she hung with.

She wasn’t familiar with the area, yet it seems the people around her that day perhaps had the home advantage?

Where was Lauren living when she disappeared?

Where was Lauren working? Co-workers could have heard phone conversations.

Had Lauren had issues with drugs recently? Was her disappearance related to drug activity in that area?
MOO

Bring Lauren Thompson Home

Under the June 15 post, admin answers the following que:
Are the three people said to have been with Lauren that day considered POI and will or have their names been made public?
Admin answered by listing the 3 confirmed names and that no one has been ruled out yet.

There is no basic information about Lauren, so I don’t know if she was with her best friend, a current boyfriend, ex boyfriend or if this was her usual circle she hung with.

She wasn’t familiar with the area, yet it seems the people around her that day perhaps had the home advantage?

@MimosaMornings
My post I quoted may help us answer the questions in your post I quoted. (Does that even make sense??:confused::D:D)

Thinking the names admin shared on the Find Lauren fb page may help us establish their connection (relationship wise) with each other.

@MimosaMornings
My post I quoted may help us answer the questions in your post I quoted. (Does that even make sense??:confused::D:D)

Thinking the names admin shared on the Find Lauren fb page may help us establish their connection (relationship wise) with each other.
It makes sense!
Since I’m not on FB I can’t read the comments, but I can find out!
Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back