Identified! TX - League City, WhtFem Skeletal 35UFTX, 21-29, gapped teeth, Feb'86 - Audrey Lee Cook

Ohhh, I was just thinking about her and wondering if they were ever able to get DNA samples from family, yet. I really kind of think this is her.

Ohhh, I was just thinking about her and wondering if they were ever able to get DNA samples from family, yet. I really kind of think this is her.

I agree with you, I think Theresa is a very good possibility. I wish there was a way to know it's her on not...I hope they put her on the rule out list if she isn't this JD, for clearance.

I can't see the recons. Aha, I found her. Interesting part of the above article.

The 1986 victim likely has ties to Tennessee. She was about 22-30 years old, 5'5" to 5'8" in height, and she may have died six weeks to six months before the remains were found. She also may have had fair to very fair skin, blue or green eyes, blond/brown hair, and no or few freckles.

The 1991 victim has ties to Louisiana. Analysis shows she was 24-34 years old, 5' to 5'3" in height, and weighed 100-130 pounds. Police believe she died six weeks before being found. She also appeared to have injuries to her upper spine that may have led to her death.

Attachments

• new recon killing fields.JPG
    new recon killing fields.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm not sure how much that will help I am not at all from TN but my DNA came back the same origin in TN , however my family did migrate from the east to TN then AR ....but Ive never even been past Memphis

We were finally able to get a missing person report filed on Theresa ("Terri") Vernell Jones. The League City PD and the City of Alvin PD both refused to get involved with her case because her Loc LKA was not in their jurisdiction. (Actually, her Loc LKA is now within the city limits of Alvin, but it wasn't in 1980).

So I contacted the Brazoria County Sheriff.

The detectives looked around and found her name on an old list of missing persons, but she wasn't in NCIC, and they have no idea what happened to her casefile. So they created a new one. Incidentally, one of Terri's sisters was a victim of an unsolved homicide in Florida in 1982. So the BCSD will also be looking into that case to see if they are possibly connected.

I've created a NamUs casefile (MP 33654), but it is still not yet published. I expect that it will be soon, and that Terri's four living siblings will be able to submit FRS's to get a DNA profile in the system for her.
DNA has been submitted for my sister Theresa Vernell Jones

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151