TX - League City, WhtFem Skeletal 52UFTX, 24-34, "Janet Doe", Sept 1991 - Donna Prudhomme

Discussion in 'Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45' started by Amy Noel, Jun 10, 2006.

1. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

I know right! Thankfully I had to be gone for 3 hrs, but returned to the news these people wasn't in the unidentified anymore. Still wonder who they are, even after hearing the names.

sloane7777 likes this.

2. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl Well-Known Member

So, I !missed that part of the press conference, but I don't think so.

3. Nancy Drew RN

Nancy Drew RN Well-Known Member

One article stated that neither had officially been reported missing, although the family of the other woman has come forward to say that had been looking for her for decades.

Police name 2 women found dead in 'Killing Fields', hope clues about them will help find killer

carbuff, Gardener1850 and PommyMommy like this.
  4. Nancy Drew RN

Sorry if I missed seeing this earlier in the thread, but apparently someone confessed to her murder in 2016 but was never charged? I'd be interested to see if that changes now that she has been identified.

Confessed killer details murder of Texas Killing Fields victim

Gardener1850, j_in_c and PommyMommy like this.
  5. Nancy Drew RN

I am hesitant to link this, because Prudhomme is apparently not an uncommon name in Louisiana, and Donna was certainly not an unusual name at the time this woman was born, but there is a well-documented woman from St. Landry Parish with this name who would be about this woman's age. If they are one and the same, the genetic research indicating relatives in this parish was spot-on. If they are not, I would still not be surprised to find that there is some familial relationship there. There is another Donna Prudhomme from Louisiana who is slightly older, with different parents, living in Shreveport in her teens.

The St. Landry Parish DP was on the honor roll many times and participated in Girl Scouts, before marrying in 1982.

[​IMG]

KaylaraOwl likes this.
  6. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

7. Ashbhead

Ashbhead New Member

Does anyone know if Donna Prudhomme had any children? I can't find anything that says they determined if she had ever given birth.

8. KaylaraOwl

The police specifically said he was ruled out as a suspect.

9. KaylaraOwl

Donna had 2 sons, according to the press conference.

j_in_c and kai like this.
  10. Ashbhead

Ashbhead New Member

Dang. I grew up down the street from the area and saw the picture this morning and her high school photo looks identical to a girl I went to high school with who was not raised by bio family. I guess it would be a long shot; she would of had to of given birth in 89 or 90. They just look so similar.

carbuff likes this.
  11. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

How does a gal from Tennesee end up dead in the Killing Fields of Texas not long after Tim Miller's (daughter, Laura Miller, also found in the killing fields & Tim Miller says he knew her (his daughter did not) bc she dated a guy that worked for him. I'm a little wigged out by that coincidence..LE needs to hop to it, get the man's name from Tim & start making connections. Does this mean he has known Laura's killer the whole time?
    Info found at link:Police identify 2 women found dead in Calder Road field 3 decades ago

SR431, KaylaraOwl and Suglo like this.
  12. Jake479

Jake479 Well-Known Member

RIP Donna Prudhomme

Wilma_W, proctorelites, SR431 and 3 others like this.
  13. CindyTx

CindyTx Member

So Stallings said Janet Doe was a teenager. 34 years old is nothing close to a teenager. But Stallings story did say she wanted cocaine; and the press conference mentioned cocaine. I wonder why LE has ruled out Stallings? (I am reading Deliver Us - by Kathryn Casey).

14. TmmEye

TmmEye “No, she’s a hair hopper; that’s what SHE is.”

Donna’s maiden name want Prudhomme, it was Gonsoulin. Her full name was Donna Marie Gonsoulin-Prudhomme.

Blurgle, annemc2 and Suglo like this.
  15. TmmEye

I don’t think that Prudhomme was a victim of the Killing Field Killer for several reasons:
    1. Prudhomme was found several years apart from murders. The latest was in 1985 and after hers was in 1996.
    2. Prudhomme’s constant moving and an abusive relationship differs from most stories, as most of the victims were closer to the area they were found killed.
    3. The fact that Prudhomme just left her children with her mother in ‘88 or ‘89 to move around makes me believe that her husband knows more about her disappearance.
    4. When Donna’s body was found, it was farther from the other 3 victims of Calder Road, which makes no sense at all.

16. TmmEye

200C46C0-E826-4BDA-8670-ABC4EA757B5D.jpeg 636B7E9D-D71F-4060-ABB4-3CFA1DE210BE.jpeg

ABC13 Houston just made a video about the Calder Road killings. They included pictures of evidence from the killings, such as Prudhomme’s Payless shoes and her keys.

17. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

These two posts are at odds, do we know which is correct? And should we be sleuthing family here, anyway?

18. Nancy Drew RN

With the maiden name of Gonsoulin, there are numerous references to that name in St. Martin and New Iberia parishes, which is even more in line with the predictions.
    Donna Gonsoulin Prudhomme - View Obituary & Service Information

19. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Did we determine if she was ever reported missing ? I like to know these things .

20. TmmEye

She was not, although her sister looked for her on the internetz

imstilla.grandma likes this.