Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the weather like in that area right now?
Are they going to be encountering snow/ice on the roads?
Did they go with clothing or are they purchasing things on the way?

So worried about these girls, and so sad that Tonya was murdered. Just senseless tragedy all around.

Not to take attention away from the PC but I wonder why the girls have different names, than even the mom.

Presser at 4pm. Check spectrum news live channels 1 8or 200 in Austin. Same spectrum link as above post 473.

I don’t know the validity of this claim so take it with a grain of salt, but I live in the Austin area and was just looking at the news update on the local news regarding the discontinued Amber Alert here and somebody in the comments claimed that LE got a ping on one of the girls’ phones in Trinidad, CO and the FBI had been in that town yesterday (the person claiming this lives in that town). Again, it’s just one persons word, but thought it was interesting.

:welcome:

Presser at 4pm. Check spectrum news live channels 1 8or 200 in Austin. Same spectrum link as above post 473.

The department says it will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. Wednesday with additional details. Spectrum News will carry it live on channels 1, 8 or 200 in Austin and 14 or 200 in San Antonio or via our livestream here. Refresh this story for more information as it becomes available.

Link to Livestream:

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin/live-video/watch_spectrum_news_live.html

Thanks for sharing this. So, heading north. I wonder if he is just driving willy-nilly or if he has a destination in mind.
How hard it is to get into Canada? Or should l ask...how hard would it be for him to get himself and these two girls into Canada, document-wise?

I deleted my previous post.

It's hard to pass through officially but apparently it's very easy to sneak across. I found several websites that tell you how you can easily cross into Canada. There is a location in Washington State where immigrants and refugees looking to escape either their home country or the USA can illegally cross into Canada, it's an unfenced, non-patrolled road.

If Miles were smart (questionable, I know) he would try to escape into Canada since Canada won't extradite a murder suspect unless the requesting state refuses to seek the death penalty. With that said, I don't think he's heading into Canada though.

Is that 4:00 central standard time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. 4pm CST, add one hour for east coast, so 5pm, subtract 2 hours for west coast, which is 2pm.

IOW, in about an hour and a half from now.

Thanks for sharing this. So, heading north. I wonder if he is just driving willy-nilly or if he has a destination in mind.
How hard it is to get into Canada? Or should l ask...how hard would it be for him to get himself and these two girls into Canada, document-wise?

No entry without a passport. Border Patrol would have been alerted already.

The department says it will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. Wednesday with additional details. Spectrum News will carry it live on channels 1, 8 or 200 in Austin and 14 or 200 in San Antonio or via our livestream here. Refresh this story for more information as it becomes available.

Link to Livestream:

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin/live-video/watch_spectrum_news_live.html

I went to the live page just to check if I could access it and found out you have to be a subscriber to Spectrum. I did this through their app.

Hoping my local news carries it.

So worried about these girls, and so sad that Tonya was murdered. Just senseless tragedy all around.

Ironically, it's warmer in Trinidad right now (58 degrees) than much of Texas. Not sure what it's been the past few days, but I know there was snow around the holidays. Colorado does a good job of keeping main thoroughfares (I-25, in this case) open and safe for the conditions. Trinidad's a super-cute mountain town and there are a lot of tourists and it's a good place to stop to/from Denver, but it's also small and I suspect hanging out for too long (more than gassing up the car and grabbing a bite) would get you noticed.

Especially if your face is on the news, interwebz, and such.

Perhaps she went alone and then he took the girls to surprise her at the end?
Perhaps the people who look like her daughters are just other kids who happened to be walking down the street? The pictures I saw looked like kids with other parents who happened to be in the shot.
It just doesn't match up with the other trips she's taken, and how prominently her kids feature in the photos. Her whole discussion of the trip really reads like a personal getaway....
IMO
I think you might be right. I'm going to say we can't definitively say either way at this point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I went to the live page just to check if I could access it and found out you have to be a subscriber to Spectrum. I did this through their app.

Hoping my local news carries it.

Yeah, I am not a subscriber either. I will check other local sources.

Weather Underground has the temp of the city in CO mentioned up thread as 47, not as cold as here in the east.
Maybe he had planned a gateway ala Jim Dimagio and has things packed. We'll find out.
The younger one must be scared out of her mind.

Yeah, I am not a subscriber either. I will check other local sources.

I get news out of Waco and DFW and they have been covering this story every day so hopefully they will air this presser. With the coverage I've seen I can't imagine them not airing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members