TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A note:

A number of posts were removed that started with one post that did not include a link with a quote. Every post that stemmed from that initial post had to be removed also. It is very unfortunate….and it is the rule, and has been for a long time at Websleuths.

Thank you for this. I was updating constantly waiting for a link to that info. I’ve been a long time WS reader (before I made an account…i think Natalee Holloway days) and trust the info learned here because of that rule.

Has this been posted here? Unfortunately you have to read fast before it tries to make you pay. I went out and back in several times to read the entire thing. It does mention her being seen on video.
FBI seeks help filling 18-minute gap before girl disappeared from apartments near USAA (expressnews.com)
BBM
As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

Is there any CCTV from any homes near the playground? If so, have any news outlets described the content?
The only mention I can find is from a local business:

Alex de Hoyos, manager of the Belden’s Automotive across the street from the apartment complex, said he gave authorities the store’s security video on Monday.

The store’s cameras can see the entire entrance of the Villa Del Cabo complex, de Hoyos said, unfortunately, his cameras can’t see the side entrance of the apartments.

“Guy in plain clothes comes inside and flaps a badge and tells us what’s going on, and we were like, ‘Oh yeah, come on down. We’ll give you anything you need,” de Hoyos said.
San Antonio nonprofit joins in search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil as investigation enters third week

Has this been posted here? Unfortunately you have to read fast before it tries to make you pay. I went out and back in several times to read the entire thing. It does mention her being seen on video.
FBI seeks help filling 18-minute gap before girl disappeared from apartments near USAA (expressnews.com)
BBM
As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

Does that mean there are 18 unaccounted for minutes between her mother going into the house to get water and noticing that her daughter was no with the other children?

Putting what we've heard so far together - the mother saw her daughter run around the corner. The mother went into her apartment to either look for her daughter or to get water. When she returned to the playground 18 minutes later, her daughter was announced as missing.

That's a long time to be away getting water at an apartment 40 feet away. I suppose the other mothers either didn't notice that she was missing, or assumed that she was with her mother until 18 minutes later - when the disappearance was announced.

Was it stated somewhere that she was getting water? I know I read she was attending to her 2 year old son (or something of that sort). Perhaps a dirty diaper?

Putting what we've heard so far together - the mother saw her daughter run around the corner. The mother went into her apartment to either look for her daughter or to get water. When she returned to the playground 18 minutes later, her daughter was announced as missing.

The Mother went to her apartment for some reason or another and when she returned, she couldn't find Lina. I know I read that she saw her go down a nearby pathway. It's possible that the kids were just running around being kids and this was nothing unusual.

Was it stated somewhere that she was getting water? I know I read she was attending to her 2 year old son (or something of that sort). Perhaps a dirty diaper?

That was posted upthread. The comment surprised many because until then the understanding was that the child ran around the corner towards her apartment (40 feet away) and the mother went to the apartment to look for her. Diaper, water, either way, it sounds like the mother saw the child run around the corner, she went to the apartment, and 18 minutes later people were looking for her.

Trying to make sense of the timeline given what we know.

The only part that has been confirmed in MSM is that there is a 18 minute gap and other parents and children were present.
We do not know what the video showed, exactly why the mom left or how long she was gone.
MOO

She saw her daughter run around the corner
She went to her apartment with her 2 year old son
18 minutes later the search for 3 year old Lina began

BBM

You can watch the presser here on YouTube site:

Last edited:
I am now leaning towards a stranger abduction in this case although less than 1% of child abductions are committed by strangers. Whether the victim is an adult or a child, these are by far the most difficult cases to solve, particularly if the perpetrator was able to make a “clean” grab; no witnesses, no video, no evidence left at the scene.
The difficulty lies in the fact that there are no ties between victim and perpetrator and that difficulty is compounded when the abduction is a crime of opportunity as opposed to preplanned or stalking of the victim. So, without any of the usual investigative leads listed above, where does LE start? By now they have eliminated most of the usual suspects; the RSO’s, the weird uncle/neighbor, the parents, the strange guy who has been hanging around. This is incredibly hard and frustrating for LE. From what I have seen thus far, SAPD together with the FBI and numerous other agencies have pulled out all stops to find this child.
When we hear the term “vanished into thin air”, this it how seems in these cases. Only 8.57% of children abducted by strangers will make it home.

23 Alarming Child Abduction Statistics 2021

I hope I am totally wrong here. I hope LE has a strong POI and great evidence. I hope they are closing in.

Thank you for this very informative post (as always), @OldCop !

So, possibly the perpetrator
(perhaps familiar with the building and playground - maybe made deliveries from time to time there - or was a visitor) could have been watching that playground to grab a child that was alone - not necessarily Lina?

or
Happened to be there at the moment Lina walked away from the camera directed to the playground) and then took the opportunity (without ever watching Lina before or stalking)?

or was stalking Lina and finally had the opportunity to grab her?

No wonder L.E. and these investigators have such high respect from the public! Especially ones like this where a child seems to have "vanished" without a trace.

My question is if the dog indicated to Lina's scent and then stopped indicating - could this happen if a person picked Lina up and carried her?

Last edited:
That link is disabled in some countries. Could you please summarize the presser?
It's 12 minutes long. From December 28th (I've got Covid and my main symptom is burning eyes, so I keep making typos...LOL..No, it was not September)

FBI talks about
from 4:49-5:07 there is an 18 minute window where "we did not have visibility of Lina"
Looking for more information regarding this 18 minute window
Seeking tips, eye witnesses etc

You can read a non-paywall version here:

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl - San Antonio Express, 12/29/2021

Last edited:
BBM

Little tip: (Not sure if it works for Iphone): if you click on the article and turn airplane mode on right away (pull down your menu from the top and click the airplane, it's just as easy to turn back on), you'll be able to read, screenshot, etc,; the whole article! I have to do it to read our little small town newspaper articles, because they try to get you to subscribe for the most mundane articles; even if you have a paper subscription :cool:;) I can also do it from my laptop under the wifi menu.

Edited by me to add more info.

The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kens5.com

The SAPD does not believe that Lina was abducted.
Police say when Lina’s mom left her daughter at the playground and came back, her daughter was gone.
According to the FBI, there is a gap between 4:49 and 5:07 pm where they did not have visibility of Lina.
They are also asking to hear from anyone who "had any contact with Lina or her family" at any point on Monday.

If LEO doesn't think this precious child was taken by someone then what do they suspect happened to her? If she heard people calling her name, would she hide thinking she may be in trouble? The 1st and 2nd night she was gone, the temps were 40 and 38 degrees respectively. Unfortunately, a person can freeze to death in 40 degree temps. And, knowing that just broke my heart.

San Antonio, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kens5.com

The SAPD does not believe that Lina was abducted.
Police say when Lina’s mom left her daughter at the playground and came back, her daughter was gone.
According to the FBI, there is a gap between 4:49 and 5:07 pm where they did not have visibility of Lina.
They are also asking to hear from anyone who "had any contact with Lina or her family" at any point on Monday.

If LEO doesn't think this precious child was taken by someone then what do they suspect happened to her? If she heard people calling her name, would she hide thinking she may be in trouble? The 1st and 2nd night she was gone, the temps were 40 and 38 degrees respectively. Unfortunately, a person can freeze to death in 40 degree temps. And, knowing that just broke my heart.

San Antonio, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

And if she had wandered off that 1st night, and froze, God Forbid, she would have been probably found already. So it leads me to believe someone has her, somewhere or already hid her...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆