TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a door camera.
You can see it's from a porch and you can see the warping
Univision chose to superimpose the playground over the porch features.
Another view:

Where is Lina Sardir Khil.png
The video is so short, it's hard to determine anything from it.

Last edited:
IMO, the video being reported is exclusive to Univision 41/San Antonio and not being reported by others because it's not been verified/authenticated.

While the video alleges the child in the distance is Lina, at the apartment's playground, dressed in a red dress and dark coat as previously described by her mother.

Until authenticated, the video could have been from one of many days children were playing outdoors, and the child may not be Lina.

I'm looking forward to more news, and hope the police soon discuss the video, and give it credibility or not. JMO

Can we assume this footage wasn't supplied voluntarily?

How did LE obtain it?

Presumably they know who recorded it. Did they obtain it pursuant to a warrant (i.e. a warrant for an individual's phone)?

Someone took an interest in Lina in the moments just prior to her disappearance. Any of the children? All of the children? Just Lina?

Who is LE releasing this video clip for? What are they hoping for from the public?

If LE knows who filmed this, is that all they know? Can't tie it to her disappearance because of a lack of evidence regarding what happened next?

I'm developing a theory of the case based on those few seconds.

Someone was stalking children in general or Lina in particular. In this small community/complex. Fellow resident or someone with frequent access, like a service provider. Janitor, vendor.

Was waiting for an opportunity, filming. Prurient interest. For how long???? A day, a week? Months?

I am crushed anew for Lina's mother. She lost sight of Lina for half a second. Who could've imagine a predator was standing right there, waiting patiently for that exact moment?

Chilling.

I can only hope this means the investigation is breaking open and an arrest will be made.

Poor Lina.

My heart hurts.

JMO
I can’t see Lina’s mother in this video, I can’t remember where she was in relationship to the play area? So she blinked or was talking to someone for a half a second and poof, Lina was gone?
Hard to tell much from the video, but it’s disturbing if it is Lina.
JMO

Last edited:
I think it's a door camera.
You can see it's from a porch and you can see the warping
Univision chose to superimpose the playground over the porch features.
Another view:

View attachment 355149
The video is so short, it's hard to determine anything from it.
Yep, clearly the ring camera of whoever lives in that apartment facing the playground. Such a narrow focus and that cage is in the way. I wonder where the exit to the parking lot in in relationship to this view?

Sorry if someone's already explained this or if I'm stating the obvious, it's been a long day. It appears to me that the video we're seeing is a secondary video of the footage, for example someone has played the original footage from the door cam and videoed it with their phone. The original footage isn't zooming in on Lina, the person filming the footage is zooming in on Lina, just in an attempt to make it clearer who we're looking at

Sorry if someone's already explained this or if I'm stating the obvious, it's been a long day. It appears to me that the video we're seeing is a secondary video of the footage, for example someone has played the original footage from the door cam and videoed it with their phone. The original footage isn't zooming in on Lina, the person filming the footage is zooming in on Lina, just in an attempt to make it clearer who we're looking at
Yes, that's what it looks like to me. Its not the original video that's shaky.

I thought it looked like someone just filmed the original video with their phone, as well. But it does seem odd to have a camera watching the play area, unless you had a child who plays there alone sometimes.
I'm not convinced that the person in the video looks like a three year old, or however old Lina was. The person looks too large too be a small child. It's not her mom?

I'm not convinced that the person in the video looks like a three year old, or however old Lina was. The person looks too large too be a small child. It's not her mom?

Wasn’t there some info at the very beginning of this case that Lina maybe isn’t actually 3yo? I believe the thought reached from the first few days/weeks of following the case here at WS was that her parents maybe didn’t have an official birth certificate (at no fault of their own) when they immigrated, and that she was likely a couple years older than the stated age. I even *maybe* remember from the very beginning that LE addressed it but redirected the question by saying something like this is the age we were given by her parents, and the important part is getting her picture and name out there. Someone please correct me if I’m misremembering.

So sad. Lina has been missing for 8 months now. Linked video is a KENS 5 interview with spokesperson, Pamela Allen. She says that investigators believe that Lina is no longer in Texas.

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been so long. :(
Is that a new statement from investigators or is it something they’ve shared before (not believing she’s still in Texas)? I don’t remember seeing it, and think it’s interesting to say the least.

So sad. Lina has been missing for 8 months now. Linked video is a KENS 5 interview with spokesperson, Pamela Allen. She says that investigators believe that Lina is no longer in Texas.

I'm very curious about what makes them believe that.

Do they have some idea of what happened to make them think that way? Obviously they haven't scoured every square mile of TX for her. They must have some theory leading to that.

I'm very curious about what makes them believe that.

Do they have some idea of what happened to make them think that way? Obviously they haven't scoured every square mile of TX for her. They must have some theory leading to that.
The family spokesperson who made the statement about Lina "no longer being in San Antonio, much less Texas".
Made that statement in response to the reporter's question about volunteer searches/how can our viewers help.

From the YouTube video link above.
Reporter - 2:57
the search efforts are you know we just
2:58
saw a video from a few months ago with
3:00
so many people were um you know
3:02
volunteering to help are
3:04
you helping find additional volunteers
3:06
how can our viewers help the family this
3:08
morning
Family Spokesman - 3:09
well at this point they don't believe
3:11
that she's in san antonio anymore um
3:13
much less texas so we we have not we've
3:17
halted those search efforts a lot of it
3:20
has just been getting the word out
3:22
wearing pins keeping signs up making
3:25
sure that the public is aware you know

Is "they" the family? Earlier the spokesman said LE is not keeping in touch with the family anymore. So IMO "they" is referring to the family and referencing why volunteer searches are no longer happening. The family doesn't think Lina is in Texas anymore.

It would be nice if the reporter contacted LE and asked them for their statement on that subject. But she likely wouldn't get a direct answer.

The family spokesperson who made the statement about Lina "no longer being in San Antonio, much less Texas".
Made that statement in response to the reporter's question about volunteer searches/how can our viewers help.

From the YouTube video link above.
Reporter - 2:57
the search efforts are you know we just
2:58
saw a video from a few months ago with
3:00
so many people were um you know
3:02
volunteering to help are
3:04
you helping find additional volunteers
3:06
how can our viewers help the family this
3:08
morning
Family Spokesman - 3:09
well at this point they don't believe
3:11
that she's in san antonio anymore um
3:13
much less texas so we we have not we've
3:17
halted those search efforts a lot of it
3:20
has just been getting the word out
3:22
wearing pins keeping signs up making
3:25
sure that the public is aware you know

Is "they" the family? Earlier the spokesman said LE is not keeping in touch with the family anymore. So IMO "they" is referring to the family and referencing why volunteer searches are no longer happening. The family doesn't think Lina is in Texas anymore.

It would be nice if the reporter contacted LE and asked them for their statement on that subject. But she likely wouldn't get a direct answer.
Putting it into context like that, it sounds like the family thinks that. And yes, the reporter should have followed it up. Does the family think that because of something LE has indicated?

Putting it into context like that, it sounds like the family thinks that. And yes, the reporter should have followed it up. Does the family think that because of something LE has indicated?
In all likelihood the family believes that because they are hopeful that she was abducted and kept alive. If that's what happened, she probably would have been located if she were still in Texas.

A scenario in which she was removed from Texas is the one with the best odds of her still being alive (although an abductor could simply be keeping her shut up indoors).

Most children who are abducted are not kept alive for very long, but we can always hope that Lina is one of the exceptions.

AUG 20, 2022
[...]

"It's a hard day," said Pamela Allen, a family spokesperson.

Allen said despite efforts made by police and a private investigator from Project Absentis, the little girl remains missing eight months later.

"There's been a few leads that have come in but nothing solid," she said.

Allen said public searches are on pause for now as it's believed Lina is no longer in San Antonio or Texas. ...

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member