TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stalkers are racially motivated. Paula Allen's group is a wonderful community organization. Anyone could show up on the searches.

However, Abel Pena with Project Absentia is pretty stealth and PI mode.

Pena's group will keep searching for Lina. They just won't have community searches.
im tired of these "conspiracy theorists" and their harmful bs.

Sadly, conspiracy theories crop up in many cases. A couple of the ones I read appear to be based on cultural differences, but there are also some that just follow the standard, "The parents did it," way of thinking.

At this point, we don't know who did--or didn't--do it, so everything is conjecture. We may never know the truth, but I don't blame the parents for not wanting to take part in the group searches. They're probably pointless anyway.

Sadly, conspiracy theories crop up in many cases. A couple of the ones I read appear to be based on cultural differences, but there are also some that just follow the standard, "The parents did it," way of thinking.

At this point, we don't know who did--or didn't--do it, so everything is conjecture. We may never know the truth, but I don't blame the parents for not wanting to take part in the group searches. They're probably pointless anyway.
The group searches were "therapy" for Lina's dad. They got him out in the community. As a parent whose child is missing it's about "doing something" rather than just sitting at home and feeling helpless etc. It was the group Angel's Flight Advocacy and Outreach who were conducting the searches. (Angel's Flight assists families in crisis) Angel's Flight incorporated Lina's father and friends in their searches. Friends of mine were also volunteering. On Lina's fourth birthday, Angel's Flight arranged a BD party in the pavilion at Lina's apartment complex. The BD party was open to the public. My friends were encouraging me to attend as a show of support for the family, but I couldn't attend because I was busy with something else that day.

There have been other community events as well. Events were designed to give Lina's family emotional support. Eventually Angel's Flight started getting threats.

Last edited:
Monday marks six months since four-year-old Lina Khil went missing near the Medical Center, and volunteers are working to make sure that her case does not disappear from the spotlight

fb95a712-3637-4423-913c-99167ae570ab-medium16x9_41e994a552bf4fdaab0cc54d851e017cLina_1.jpg

(Courtesy: Khil Family)

It was back on December 20th that Lina disappeared from the playground at her family's apartment complex, off Fredericksburg Rd.

Although six months have passed, the family is not giving up hope that they will find little Lina. Several searches have taken place with the help of search crews, but sadly, no answers.

b3a7f29b-29b5-421c-bcf2-37a2d042af52-medium16x9_0aae22e6c6b14cce9055a7e6d82afa86linareddress.jpg

(Courtesy: Khil Family)

"It will be the happiest time of my life when I see my child back. The only thing I want to say to my child is to come to my open arms so I can hug you close to my heart," said Lina's father.
The Muslim Children Education and Civic Center is inviting people to join them in praying for her safe return.
The vigil is set for Monday at 8:30 p.m.

Last edited:
JUN 20, 2022
[...]

Investigators with the FBI or the San Antonio Police Department, which is the lead agency in Lina’s disappearance, have not publicized any theory of what happened to Lina. However, a retired FBI agent who leads a non-profit private investigation group helping the family with the case does not believe she walked away on her own.

“She, I think, was clearly taken, or if you want to use the term ‘abducted.’ She was taken or maybe voluntarily walked away with somebody that she may have known,” said Abel Peña, director of Project Absentis. “Those are just, again, working theories. So we’re still working all of that out. And then, hopefully, we get that one tip that could lead us in the right direction.”

The critical details of “who” or “why” still aren’t clear to him. And while Peña says his group, which is helping the family at no cost, vets and passes on leads to the FBI about what may have happened to Lina, “they won’t necessarily update me with what transpired or where it’s going.”

[...]

JUN 20, 2022
[...]

A prayer service with over 30 members of the Afghan and interfaith communities joined together for a Muslim prayer, asking for one thing.

“I ask people to pray for Lina and by the bliss of God she will return home and return to my family,” Amir Amiri, translating for Riaz Sardar Khil told reporters on Monday.

183 candles were set up throughout the mosque, marking 183 days since Lina went missing.

Lina’s father sat down and discussed how his family is doing amid the turmoil they’ve experienced. He says tonight was an opportunity to remind those who have forgotten Lina that she’s still missing.

[...]

The group searches were "therapy" for Lina's dad. They got him out in the community. As a parent whose child is missing it's about "doing something" rather than just sitting at home and feeling helpless etc. It was the group Angel's Flight Advocacy and Outreach who were conducting the searches. (Angel's Flight assists families in crisis) Angel's Flight incorporated Lina's father and friends in their searches. Friends of mine were also volunteering. On Lina's fourth birthday, Angel's Flight arranged a BD party in the pavilion at Lina's apartment complex. The BD party was open to the public. My friends were encouraging me to attend as a show of support for the family, but I couldn't attend because I was busy with something else that day.

There have been other community events as well. Events were designed to give Lina's family emotional support. Eventually Angel's Flight started getting threats.

It's certainly a sad situation all the way around. People tend to suspect immediate family, and some people seem unable to control themselves. I remember all the baseless accusations around John and Patsy Ramsey. That had to hurt, just as the mean comments now are hurtful.

That's interesting about the therapy searches--I wouldn't immediately think that sort of thing would be therapeutic, but maybe it is. I think it would akin to rubbing salt in a wound. I can, however, see getting a group together that focuses on continually getting the word out and keeping Lina's face in the public eye. Someone, somewhere, has to know something.

Poor little thing.

I

That's interesting about the therapy searches--I wouldn't immediately think that sort of thing would be therapeutic, but maybe it is. I think it would akin to rubbing salt in a wound. I can, however, see getting a group together that focuses on continually getting the word out and keeping Lina's face in the public eye. Someone, somewhere, has to know something.

Poor little thing.
They went up and down the dry creek beds. I think he had a choice between "do something" or "sit at home and get depressed". The crews also ended up cleaning up those areas because they removed litter and garbage. My son used to do this when he was in boy scouts at the same locations. They called it the Leon Creek Greenbelt Clean Up

They went up and down the dry creek beds. I think he had a choice between "do something" or "sit at home and get depressed". The crews also ended up cleaning up those areas because they removed litter and garbage. My son used to do this when he was in boy scouts at the same locations. They called it the Leon Creek Greenbelt Clean Up
Yes, "doing something" is likely helpful--I'm just not so sure walking dry creek beds is a good idea. Suppose they did stumble upon the child--it'd be horrific for him.

I'm sure they can probably come up with other things to do that are more positive.

Yes, "doing something" is likely helpful--I'm just not so sure walking dry creek beds is a good idea. Suppose they did stumble upon the child--it'd be horrific for him.

I'm sure they can probably come up with other things to do that are more positive.
It involved a lot of guys. Lina's dad and his Afghan friends. They're all young. Lina's father was in the military. It's physical work. They all seemed to bond with non-Afghan volunteers. They seemed to be fine with it. Lina's father and his friends were already searching brush on their own prior to hooking up with the group.

JUN 21, 2022
[...]

“Nobody disappears into thin air. Something happened to her. We just haven’t been able to discover what it was,” McManus said.

Lina’s case is baffling, even to SAPD Chief William McManus.

[...]

Chief McManus explained they’re utilizing resources that would be used in an abduction case.

“We still don’t have any evidence or proof that it was an abduction. So we still we’re doing it. It’s kind of a hybrid missing person and abduction,” he said.

[...]

Originally, the missing person’s unit was leading the case, now the Special Victim’s Unit has taken over.

“SVU will, they’ll go out on the street, the field, they’ll interview people out there, whereas missing persons wouldn’t necessarily do that,” McManus said.

Unfortunately, as more time passes, tips about Lina have slowed significantly. Chief McManus says only a few have come in during the month of June.

[...]

It involved a lot of guys. Lina's dad and his Afghan friends. They're all young. Lina's father was in the military. It's physical work. They all seemed to bond with non-Afghan volunteers. They seemed to be fine with it. Lina's father and his friends were already searching brush on their own prior to hooking up with the group.
this and plus no ones grief is the same. ppl all deal differently.

Just took a walk outside in my complex and thought of little Lina. Lots of activity with the multiple work trucks around, from roofers, lawn care workers, pool cleaners + a few more. Very easy to grab a little person running around them without anyone noticing.

JUN 28, 2022
www.texasmonthly.com

An Afghan Family Came to San Antonio Seeking a Safer Future. Then Their Child Went Missing.

www.texasmonthly.com
www.texasmonthly.com

It had been two years since Riaz and Zarmeena Sardar Khil had seen their families. In 2019, the husband and wife and their baby daughter, Lina, had emigrated from a rural town in Afghanistan to seek safety in the U.S., leaving behind their siblings. But in mid-December 2021, their families finally had occasion for a reunion. Riaz’s brother, and Zarmeena’s brothers, were U.S. contractors and had been evacuated from Afghanistan as U.S. troops withdrew from the country and it fell under Taliban control. They had made it to San Antonio, where the Sardar Khils had settled. As Riaz wrapped up his shift at a logistics company on December 20, he was eagerly awaiting his first full family dinner since arriving in the U.S.

Around 5:30 p.m., however, Zarmeena, who was pregnant with a second child, called, and sounded frantic: she could not find Lina anywhere. The three-year-old had been frolicking in the courtyard pavilion of their apartment complex, near the Medical Center, where a scrum of Afghan kids usually ran around playing. The two-story complex is a maze of narrow footpaths and three-foot stone retaining walls that offer plenty of ways for kids to disappear from any single line of sight; usually there were enough eyes on the courtyard that someone in the community could keep track of the children. But on that day, no one saw what happened to Lina. None of the other kids. No one living in the surrounding apartments. No surveillance camera.

[...]

On June 10, nearly six months after Lina’s disappearance, Zarmeena gave birth to a baby boy, Saud. It’s an optimistic name, meaning “fortunate” or “prosperous,” expressing the aspirations any parents would have for their child. The Sardar Khils have been excited to welcome a new member of their family, and have placed one foot firmly into the future they look ahead to. But their other foot is still firmly planted in the past, on December 20, the last time their family was truly whole. They say they still want to see more from law enforcement, but in the absence of information, they remain hopeful. It’s all, Riaz said, that they can do.

this and plus no ones grief is the same. ppl all deal differently.

I know I would want to be out searching in areas my child could have possibly walked to, etc. even if deep down I knew the chance of finding a clue (clothing, jewelry?) was almost zero. I think it would be instinctual to want to keep searching the surrounding areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998