TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the time Lina was reported missing and the response from LE, anyone have that handy? Just thinking about how quickly someone could have placed her in a car and left the complex vs. taking her back to an apartment. I know they sealed the exits pretty quickly and are searching each apartment, but I have a hinky feeling she is still there somewhere.

Makes me wonder if they're speaking Jugari, which is a relatively rare form of Arabic that's spoken in Afghanistan--at any rate, they seem to have a guy who can interpret now, at least to an extent.
Regardless of what language they speak, you would think that after being in the US since 2019 they could speak some English or Spanish. Maybe not fluently, but enough to communicate. I know many people who have learned Spanish just from working with or being around Spanish speaking people. But, the objective here is to find Lina. LE can deal with the "language barrier". My gut feeling is someone in that community knows something. JMO

I just want Lina found safe.
No one is here to argue. That's not going to help anything.
Every minute that passes and she's still missing, is breaking my heart.
:(
I think initial reports were confusing and probably because of the language barrier. Unique dialects are tricky.
At least now her father is speaking out.
She's a little refugee. They came here seeking safety and a better life.
Her mother probably thought America is much safer than it actually is.
Especially for the little ones.
In comparison to what they may have witnessed in Afghanistan, it's understandable.
I will continue to follow with hopes and prayers.

--If someone knows anything please call in a tip ASAP.
If you have Lina, please let her go.--
From SAPD:
"PLEASE SHARE: Update on Missing Child Case at 9400 Fredericksburg Rd
The SAPD continues an active and all hands on deck search for missing child, Lina Sardar Khi. At this time, we continue to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information on Lina’s whereabouts to call 210-207-7660."

All my thoughts are with Lina, her family and all of the searchers tonight.
Initially when the alert went out, it was as an abducted child.
View attachment 327227
View attachment 327228
View attachment 327229
Where are you sweet child?
Please let this turn out better than it's looking like right now.
Chi
it breaks my heart when that happens man. Ahmed lateef moved to the US w his family from iraq only to be murdered by some local yokels.

Regardless of what language they speak, you would think that after being in the US since 2019 they could speak some English or Spanish. Maybe not fluently, but enough to communicate. I know many people who have learned Spanish just from working with or being around Spanish speaking people. But, the objective here is to find Lina. LE can deal with the "language barrier". My gut feeling is someone in that community knows something. JMO
They have legal refugee status, so they have access to interpreters. One of the videos showed a woman who worked with a refugee agency and said the family was known to her agency. Also, if you google earth her apartment complex, it's surrounded by businesses from the Arab world, probably allowing them to function fairly well without learning English.

Not that it really matters, but it sounds like the apartment complex really doesn't have a real playground for the children. It is really odd that they evidently do for dogs! . The news media really does make it sound confusing. Both areas look to be beside each other. What matters is, a beautiful little girl is gone and needs to be found.

I missed the time Lina was reported missing and the response from LE, anyone have that handy? Just thinking about how quickly someone could have placed her in a car and left the complex vs. taking her back to an apartment. I know they sealed the exits pretty quickly and are searching each apartment, but I have a hinky feeling she is still there somewhere.

Lina's parents thought she was with friends, so they were checking with them first. It was a long enough time delay before police were contacted.

They have legal refugee status, so they have access to interpreters. One of the videos showed a woman who worked with a refugee agency and said the family was known to her agency. Also, if you google earth her apartment complex, it's surrounded by businesses from the Arab world, probably allowing them to function fairly well without learning English.
I saw that woman doing an interview. I live in the Dallas area. Las Colinas to be exact. There are many many Middle Eastern people there. They do speak very little English publicly, but they do know it. Wonder where the Khil's interpreter has been to help them out. Hopefully there's one there now. I am over this language thing and as I said in my post that's for SAPD to deal with. I hope they are finally provided with accurate info. Anything to help find this child.

"Lina was at a playground at the apartment complex with her mother and other children between 5-6 p.m. when her mother left and returned to find her daughter missing, the chief said in a news conference Tuesday morning.

It is unclear exactly how long the mother was away, but McManus said she returned a “short time later.” McManus said the girl wasn’t left alone and there were other kids at the playground, which is open within the complex.

The family reported the child missing around 7:15 p.m., and an AMBER Alert was issued."

More details emerge about missing 3-year-old Lina Khil

View of the outdoor area.

93da2b45be3f2abb6d8a9a9cb99768c1c-f847816818od-w1024_h768.jpg

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...icksburg-Rd_San-Antonio_TX_78240_M87975-92411

It can be very hard for adults to learn a new language, even when you live in the country where that language is spoken. Especially when they’re surrounded by family or friends who speak their own language.
Chances are the dad does know some English/Spanish. But they wanted a more comprehensive interview. Not one with broken english.

Makes me wonder if they're speaking Jugari, which is a relatively rare form of Arabic that's spoken in Afghanistan--at any rate, they seem to have a guy who can interpret now, at least to an extent.

Interesting. I wondered why they said Arabic when I thought it’s mostly Urdu.

ETA: I see this was already discussed a lot. Not meaning to bring something back up!! I’m just jumping in.

More photos of Lina released about an hour ago from SAPD.​
These are just three.
Following SAPD.
What a precious little girl.
"Please share - - Update on Missing Child Case 9400 Fredericksburg Rd. The SAPD continues an active and all hands on deck search for missing child, Lina Sardar Khi. At this time, we continue to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information on Lina’s whereabouts to call 210-207-7660 (Missing Person Unit)"
View attachment 327187 View attachment 327188
View attachment 327189
Chi
*Source San Antonio Police Department

Sweet little doll.

I can see a parent bringing their kid to the soccer area with a big wheel or other type of toy.
Thank you, this answers a lot of member questions about the geography of the scene. So I guess playground isn't really an appropriate description. It appears to be a multipurpose common area for use by all residents.

I think folks were envisioning a fenced area populated by playground equipment, but this is a little less playground and more all purpose zone. I hate how close it all appears to be to parking areas and the lack of fence separating the that from that from the area where Lina appears to have gone missing from. All it would take was for her to wander too close to that parking area and be snatched.

I do get the feel this wasn't planned but an abduction of opportunity.

I can see a parent bringing their kid to the soccer area with a big wheel or other type of toy.
upload_2021-12-22_12-5-53.png. If this is the area, it appears to me it's just a community area for residents. Pavilion, play area, and soccer goal area. Seems each area is fenced off. Also, all the info for the apartments says it is gated. Is it? Is this still current info.?

It can be very hard for adults to learn a new language, even when you live in the country where that language is spoken. Especially when they’re surrounded by family or friends who speak their own language.
Chances are the dad does know some English/Spanish. But they wanted a more comprehensive interview. Not one with broken english.
I have to agree with you. I have Hindi friends that have been in the US for years. Husband and teenagers speak fluent English, the wife - not so much. We are friends - live in the same neighborhood, socialize weekly and I still have a difficult time holding a conversation with the wife. She is a stay at home mom and quite traditional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77