TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredibly common for the FBI to become involved in potential abductions, especially when the victim is a child. They have a child abduction response team (CART), that we've seen deployed in countless cases.

I don't think this has anything to do with their Afghani background, and if it is an abduction, I think it's far more likely to be sexually motivated as opposed to some sort of retribution.
I don't think it does either, but I did have a thought that might be why the details of height, weight, and age seem off. Do you think it's possible Lina is not their child, but maybe a relative or friends child that had them bring her to the US. Were all the refugees documented? It doesn't really matter, but I'm sure being in a new country is very scary, and they don't want to risk their chance for a new life. As the lady commented that when you're a refugee, were all a family.
I'm glad there is an interpreter now so maybe straight facts can be reported instead of them changing. I have heard of groups of people taking care of their problems themselves. Hopefully someone knows something and will handle it. Find her, and the perp and turn them over to LE. I think the SAPD can handle this with all they deal with on a daily basis. FBI also! I pray there is still time for saving Lina. To go thru what she's gone thru and escape that and into the arms of a devil. The world has gone mad!!! Sorry, got carried away. All my opinion!!

This somewhat reminds me of little Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney case in AL couple years ago. Cupcake was 3 years old and abducted from her Aunt’s apartment complex playground area after being lured with offer of candy by the perp and his accomplice girlfriend. Cupcake was outside at the playground with a group of other kids some of whom were older. There had been a birthday party that day and a bunch of kids were all playing outside at the complex playground late afternoon/early evening. When she was first noticed missing, LE was going from apartment to apartment to talk with residents of the complex and iirc, it was fairly early on it was revealed that after LE was able to talk with residents and all the other children who’d been outside with Cupcake at the time in question, it was a couple 11-12 year olds described seeing Cupcake getting into a dark SUV and being driven away. It was thought to have happened pretty quickly, as in, she was there one minute, gone the next. When the SUV was described in the news shortly after, a tipster called in and said description of vehicle matched one of his neighbor’s. LE followed up on the tip and lo and behold the guy was right. His tip led LE to the two monster perps. Turns out, they lived not too far away from the apartment complex playground they abducted sweet little Cupcake from. Unfortunately, by the time LE got to these two depraved individuals, Cupcake was already deceased after the 2 evil monsters drugged her up with meth and sedatives, SA’d and murdered her, after which they discarded her like trash in a dumpster. The girlfriend accomplice confessed and thankfully Cupcake was able to be recovered from the dumpster and given a proper testing place/burial, giving her family some peace/closure. Very sad, horrific WS case from late October, 2019.

Hoping and praying this case has a much better ending than little Cupcake’s. All these poor innocent little children. Please let beautiful little Lina be ok, located soon and reunited with her family.

IMHOO
Cupcakes case was the most vile, unbelievable case of pure evil. It's inhumane!!

One thing to consider is that age documentation and birth certificates might not exist if the family came from a rural area.
this is true. my coworker immigrated legally from mexico as a child, she is about 60. her birthdate from mexico is about 8 months from whats legally reported here. she said her dad miscalculated and it just stuck.

I don't think it does either, but I did have a thought that might be why the details of height, weight, and age seem off. Do you think it's possible Lina is not their child, but maybe a relative or friends child that had them bring her to the US. Were all the refugees documented? It doesn't really matter, but I'm sure being in a new country is very scary, and they don't want to risk their chance for a new life. As the lady commented that when you're a refugee, were all a family.
I'm glad there is an interpreter now so maybe straight facts can be reported instead of them changing. I have heard of groups of people taking care of their problems themselves. Hopefully someone knows something and will handle it. Find her, and the perp and turn them over to LE. I think the SAPD can handle this with all they deal with on a daily basis. FBI also! I pray there is still time for saving Lina. To go thru what she's gone thru and escape that and into the arms of a devil. The world has gone mad!!! Sorry, got carried away. All my opinion!!

I believe all refugees are documented because they all have to get on an airplane to get here.

Can someone claim a child that is not their child? Possibly, but that's neither here nor there. Lina is documented as being their child.

One thing to consider is that age documentation and birth certificates might not exist if the family came from a rural area.

That is a good point, that there might not be official birth documentation. According to the father, the family immigrated to the US two years ago, so even if there was not a certificate issued at birth, there must be a record of the age given by her family at the time of immigration. Did they travel with a one year old infant, or with a 3 - 4 year old little girl.

That is a good point, that there might not be official birth documentation. According to the father, the family immigrated to the US two years ago, so even if there was not a certificate issued at birth, there must be a record of the age given by her family at the time of immigration. Did they travel with a one year old infant, or with a 3 - 4 year old little girl.

It might be that her immigration documents show a 3 or 4 year old at the time of arrival, and some kind of confusion or misunderstanding has occurred.

In some countries, children don’t receive separate passports. Perhaps the adults had proper documents, but not the child. Just speculating….

At this point, I just hope Lina is found alive and well.

I don't believe refugees receive passports in a traditional manner. Most have poor documentation in their own countries and are fleeing dangerous situations. Many times they don't have birth certificates or anything.

But that's neither here nor there.

It might be that her immigration documents show a 3 or 4 year old at the time of arrival, and some kind of confusion or misunderstanding has occurred.
That's probably what happened.

Lina appears a bit younger in this particular image, but despite the barbed wire you can see what appears to be an interstate and a shopping center in the background. (I'm thinking she might be near I-10 north of San Antonio)

She is also holding an American brand of juice. This image is obviously in the US.

Attachments

• 269745776_4834956273233409_3780499748406749645_n.jpg
    269745776_4834956273233409_3780499748406749645_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 127
im sure they could but it might take time to source one. im not sure whats lol about this. kids cases bother me so sorry for being touchy.
When I worked with the police, I used the language line daily. They have every language/dialect available and are sworn interpreters. They could have instantly gotten the basics over the phone by utilizing their language line.

When I worked with the police, I used the language line daily. They have every language/dialect available and are sworn interpreters. They could have instantly gotten the basics over the phone by utilizing their language line.

i have worked for the county in a very farm worker area in CA and still had trouble getting a Oaxacan / Mixtec interpreter, and Mexico is a lot closer and more common. There are dialects that are more difficult to source help with.

I just want Lina found safe.
No one is here to argue. That's not going to help anything.
Every minute that passes and she's still missing, is breaking my heart.
:(
I think initial reports were confusing and probably because of the language barrier. Unique dialects are tricky.
At least now her father is speaking out.
She's a little refugee. They came here seeking safety and a better life.
Her mother probably thought America is much safer than it actually is.
Especially for the little ones.
In comparison to what they may have witnessed in Afghanistan, it's understandable.
I will continue to follow with hopes and prayers.

--If someone knows anything please call in a tip ASAP.
If you have Lina, please let her go.--
From SAPD:
"PLEASE SHARE: Update on Missing Child Case at 9400 Fredericksburg Rd
The SAPD continues an active and all hands on deck search for missing child, Lina Sardar Khi. At this time, we continue to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information on Lina’s whereabouts to call 210-207-7660."

All my thoughts are with Lina, her family and all of the searchers tonight.
Initially when the alert went out, it was as an abducted child.
received_459472235550228.jpeg
Screenshot_20211221-225340_Messenger.jpg
FB_IMG_1640129228875.jpg
Where are you sweet child?
Please let this turn out better than it's looking like right now.
Chi

Last edited:
Was not addressing you, not sure why you think I was?
I don't think a lot of emotion is warranted just because a cop called their native language Arabic, as the op was doing. How will getting upset over that help anything?
I just think less emotion and more logic is what Websleuths is about.

The media is also saying they speak Arabic. This was on the 10 pm news and stated by reporter Henry Ramos. The problem is: We have families from India, Bangladesh, Iran and Pakistan here along with Arabs. It really is incumbent to get these facts correct because we have thousands of families here and it makes us appear ignorant. Imagine people from those ethnic groups tuning in at 10 pm to find out more about Lina. Or even people who work at the NSA or with defense intelligence. It is cringe-worthy. Yes, I live in San Antonio.

We also have many Afghan-language interpreters here. They have been here since 9/11.

Last edited:
This somewhat reminds me of little Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney case in AL couple years ago. Cupcake was 3 years old and abducted from her Aunt’s apartment complex playground area after being lured with offer of candy by the perp and his accomplice girlfriend. Cupcake was outside at the playground with a group of other kids some of whom were older. There had been a birthday party that day and a bunch of kids were all playing outside at the complex playground late afternoon/early evening. When she was first noticed/reported missing, LE was going from apartment to apartment to talk with residents of the complex and iirc, it was fairly early on it was revealed that after LE was able to identify and talk with all the residents and identified all the other children who’d been outside with Cupcake at the time in question, it was a couple 11-12 year olds described seeing Cupcake getting into a dark SUV and being driven away. It was thought to have happened pretty quickly, as in, she was there one minute, gone the next. When the SUV was described in the news shortly after, a tipster called in and said description of vehicle matched one of his neighbor’s. LE followed up on the tip and lo and behold the guy was right. His tip led LE to the two monster perps. Turns out, they lived not too far away from the apartment complex playground they abducted sweet little Cupcake from. Unfortunately, by the time LE got to these two depraved individuals, Cupcake was already deceased after the 2 evil monsters drugged her up with meth and sedatives, SA’d and murdered her, after which they discarded her like trash in a dumpster. The girlfriend accomplice confessed and thankfully Cupcake was able to be recovered from the dumpster and given a proper testing place/burial, giving her family some peace/closure. Very sad, horrific WS case from late October, 2019.

Hoping and praying this case has a much better ending than little Cupcake’s. All these poor innocent little children. Please let beautiful little Lina be ok, located soon and reunited with her family.

IMHOO
I'm glad that Texas has the death penalty. If someone killed Lina, I hope that person goes to the gas chamber.

A language barrier could have resulted in inaccurate documents. I’m sure the parents know, but the documents might be wrong. Another possibility is that documents from another child were used for some reason.

This sounds possible. Maybe a mix-up or maybe intentionally for reasons we can't fathom right now.

Sounds like the mother is pregnant and that they've been questioned for hours by the FBI.

Father of missing 3-year-old girl at center of AMBER Alert speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77