TX - Lizbeth Medina, 16, high school cheerleader, found dead in bedroom, murder suspect arrested - Edna, 5 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect has been arrested and charged with Capitol Murder!

RAFAEL GOVEA ROMERO was arrested in Schulenburg, Texas. He's being held in the Jackson County Jail.

Do we know the age of him? I haven’t seen it yet in anything I have read and Texas uses vine for inmate records which I’m not usually very partial to

Awful case.

Fast arrest.

He's going nowhere.

There's a relief in that. We've seen cases grow cold, we've seen guilty people walking free, bonded out or not yet charged. One bite of the apple.

This case is going to airtight. Straight to murder charges. LE and the DA aren't messing around.

May all that is good in this world surround Lizbeth's mother as she faces what's worst in it.

JMO

This is the bell schedule for Edna High School.

School starts at 7:55am.

So if mom leaves for work about 6am.

I did the directions from the apartment to the high school and it's 2.6 miles and says 6 minutes driving time.

So how did she usually get to school? Did she drive, was there a bus, did a friend pick her up? I wouldn't think she would walk 2.6 miles.

So let's say she drove or took a bus (if a friend were picking her up, I would think the alarm would sound way before the parade when she didn't show up) then just guessing she would leave about 7:30am. So this guy must have done something after the 6am time mom is leaving for work and the time she would have normally left for school.

That was fast. I think I was right; someone obviously recognised him.

One less creep out on the street. I'm sorry, for Lizbeth's sake, that it came too late for her. She deserved a future.

MOO
His facial hair sure is unique or at least I don't see guys in my part of Texas with a beard that isn't coming up to their mouth and usually when there is a beard there is a little bit of mustache also. I figured even if he shaved his beard off, those that knew him before would recognize that right away it was him and add the car in, he was going to be found sooner or later.

This is the bell schedule for Edna High School.

School starts at 7:55am.

So if mom leaves for work about 6am.

I did the directions from the apartment to the high school and it's 2.6 miles and says 6 minutes driving time.

So how did she usually get to school? Did she drive, was there a bus, did a friend pick her up? I wouldn't think she would walk 2.6 miles.

So let's say she drove or took a bus (if a friend were picking her up, I would think the alarm would sound way before the parade when she didn't show up) then just guessing she would leave about 7:30am. So this guy must have done something after the 6am time mom is leaving for work and the time she would have normally left for school.
She was in her pyjamas, too, so it wasn't like he grabbed her and forced her back inside when she was trying to leave. I think he watched the mum's car leave and acted very quickly.

MOO

I wonder if he travelled down specificly to target the home or if Schulenburg is simply where he fled to. I also note that I don't see a tattoo behind his ear, so it was indeed shadowing.

Someone recognozed him quickly though and for that I am thankful.

1702219556278.png

That vehicle doesn't look like it belongs to him. Parent's vehicle, maybe? Borrowed? Stolen? To me, he looks to be about 20 years old.

What a great Mom for Lizbeth. Our hearts go out to her! He daughter seemed to be just like her Mom.

Last edited:
That vehicle doesn't look like it belongs to him. Parent's vehicle, maybe? Borrowed? Stolen? To me, he looks to be about 20 years old.
Yeah, I would guess in that rough age bracket. Post high school, but not by much. I think he has to be eighteen or over because there's been no mention of him being a juvenile.

MOO

I wonder if he travelled down specificly to target the home or if Schulenburg is simply where he fled to. I also note that I don't see a tattoo behind his ear, so it was indeed shadowing.

Someone recognozed him quickly though and for that I am thankful.

View attachment 467115
I only saw one picture of him from behind but I could only see his right ear.. maybe the tattoo is behind the left ear? I’m not sure how this county handles booking, but a lot of counties with their inmate records note tattoos so that would be an interesting thing to make note of. I could maybe see a defense team using that little detail to try to exonerate. IMO

I’m extremely late to this case as I just started following it yesterday.

So thankful there’s been an arrest.

This guy looks shorter and stockier than what I’d presumed from the running picture, but that beard looks the same and I’m sure he’s the guy.

This is the nightmare. A young girl, cusp of womanhood, slaughtered in her own home. Will he be deported or more likely stand trial here?

Suspect has been arrested and charged with Capitol Murder!

RAFAEL GOVEA ROMERO was arrested in Schulenburg, Texas. He's being held in the Jackson County Jail.

Whew !!

A thankful and still very sad day for Lizbeth's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back