TX - Lizbeth Medina, 16, high school cheerleader, found dead in bedroom, murder suspect arrested - Edna, 5 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They sound absolutely certain they have the right suspect. Excellent work.

Does "undocumented" mean illegal status?

Yes, it means he's not a U.S. citizen nor legal long-term resident.

I was hoping if that were true, the suspect would not have escaped across the border, and thank goodness he didn't

All IMO.

I’m extremely late to this case as I just started following it yesterday.

So thankful there’s been an arrest.

This guy looks shorter and stockier than what I’d presumed from the running picture, but that beard looks the same and I’m sure he’s the guy.

This is the nightmare. A young girl, cusp of womanhood, slaughtered in her own home. Will he be deported or more likely stand trial here?

Usually stand trial here. If convicted, serve sentence in the US then returned to country of origin after sentence completed. Which could be life in prison, maybe "parole eligible" in 40 years, then repatriation at 63 or so?

glad to read of an arrest. Thankful her mother will get to see earthly justice for her daughter. Who is this perp? Why? I will be interested to see how Lizbeth became his victim. was it random? was she targeted? Just such a waste of a young life. Just going about her business in her own home. It's every parent's nightmare. Continued prayers for her mama.

glad to read of an arrest. Thankful her mother will get to see earthly justice for her daughter. Who is this perp? Why? I will be interested to see how Lizbeth became his victim. was it random? was she targeted? Just such a waste of a young life. Just going about her business in her own home. It's every parent's nightmare. Continued prayers for her mama.
I think many of us are wondering if this was random or targeted. Was he a predator who hung around the high school, maybe watching the cheerleaders and ultimately targeting Lizbeth? I get the sense he stalked her and knew when she would be in the home alone. Hope we get details soon. MOO

I wonder if he was the previous burglar or if that is an odd coincidence. What if the first break in was meant to be for robbery and while there the perp saw photos of this beautiful young teen cheerleader and returned for reasons other than burglary?

I guess we will know soon enough.

Thanks.
This is the first time I heard such a term.
But then, I don't live in the US and English is a foreign language for me.
Although I suspected the meaning ;)

This perp looks older than 23 IMO.
He must have been oblivious of the cctv and the search because he didn't even bother to shave the beard - distinguishing mark.

JMO

MOO and thoughts...

So sad that the world lost Lizbeth... Especially sad for her mother and loved ones. She appeared to have such a bright light and great future ahead. It sickens me that this evil doer stole her future. Horrifying.

Her mom was working hard trying to provide...and the unthinkable happens so quickly. In their home. Heartbreaking.

Very thankful for the use of cameras by individuals, property owners and companies. To me it seems like more cases are being solved (or at least suspects identified) with the help of images like we saw here. I hope camera usage will continue to grow.

MOO but I think this evil doer met or saw Lizbeth previously and became fixated. I think it's likely he was also the burglar. Hoping there is video evidence of that crime as well.

RIP Lizbeth. Your life had meaning and the love for and from you lives on in countless hearts.

Last edited:
"Jacqueline had moved only recently to the town from her home in Grand Island, Nevada,
to take up a job in renewable energy and said she and her daughter were the only ones with keys to the apartment.

Asked if she recognized the arrested suspect,
she said 'not at all'."

rbbm
1702231977089.png
'''I just want everybody to know that that was an amazing child,' her mother said.

'She wasn't a normal teenager getting in trouble for doing crazy stuff. She was very mature for her age. 'She was a caring and loving person who, as far as I know and from the messages I received, she changed a lot of people's lives.

'I just want everybody to remember her that way and not the way that she was taken from me.'

A conviction of capital murder in the state of Texas is defined as a capital felony which is punishable by life imprisonment, the death penalty or life imprisonment without parole''.

Not all. I believe some use trash bags or pillowcases found in the home, or restrict themselves to high value items they can pocket. Jewellery, cash, small electronics.

MOO
Some may bring in bags to put over the victim after the killing so the body can be carried to a dumpster or for disposal somewhere else, or simply to prevent blood from pooling on the floor or furniture.
ETA: on the floor or furniture
:(

Last edited:
"Jacqueline had moved only recently to the town from her home in Grand Island, Nevada,
to take up a job in renewable energy and said she and her daughter were the only ones with keys to the apartment.

Asked if she recognized the arrested suspect,
she said 'not at all'."

Ugh, bad journalists: There is no Grand Island, Nevada There is a Grand Island, Nebraska, however. Maybe Daily Mail has given up on using humans and is using bot journalism or AI.

If they lived in a kind of block of flats, I wonder if there was a front door to the building with a key/code only for residents.

To prevent strangers coming into the building.
With entry phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay